You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija And Zozo

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija And Zozo

 

I'm Octavia, I live in Tacoma Washington, right next to the University of Puget Sound.

So my story goes like this...

Last night was the first time I played with a Ouija Board. I had made it out of the back of a pizza box and decorated it with festive drawings for this coming Halloween season. I couldn't wait to give it a go.

My boyfriend had chickened out at the last second and decided he didn't want to play. Now I believe in the paranormal but I believe in science as well. So I don't really know for sure if it's our subconscious minds moving the glass or spirits for sure. Well, I convinced my roommate to play.

The second we put our fingers on the glass (we used a whiskey glass), we got immediate activity. Now keep in mind, my roommate doesn't believe in religion or spirits or any of that stuff so he really wasn't into it like I was. We both thought the other one was moving the glass.

The first "spirit" we contacted called himself "10". I asked him if "10" was a childhood nickname, he said yes. I asked him what year he died in... He said "190"... I don't know if he meant 1990 or what. He kept going to one and zero. I asked him if that was a code for something. He said yes. I asked him if we had knowledge to unlock the code and he said no. Then I asked him if it was a secret and he said "yes". Then I asked him where he was from and he kept going to "M" and "Y"... I then said "Mymy?" and the pointer flew to yes in a straight shot. I asked him what "Mymy" was and he just kept going to "M" and "Y" and never really answered the question. After a short while he said goodbye on his own.

RIGHT when we were going to end the game (our fingers were on the glass still), the glass shot directly to "yes". We asked if someone was here and it, again, went to yes. I asked his name and he said "ZoZo". I asked if ZoZo was male (he was). We asked him where he was from and he gave us the same answer that Zed did... (forgot the mention the other spirit told us his real name was Zed). And ZoZo also started going to one and zero. I asked him if he liked me and my roommate but apparently he likes me better. Though he doesn't like my hair or voice.

Now I know a lot about ZoZo and had read about him a million times before. So I was shocked that he came through. I have heard not to great rumors about him. And I have heard some say he isn't that bad. I didn't have any trouble with him through out the whole conversation... What do you make of this?

Was it really ZoZo or another spirit playing with me because he knows I know of ZoZo? Should I be worried? Though I didn't feel eerie after...

I'm going to play again tonight with my roommate and another friend. I'll tell you guys about it!

Later and thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LostLibra22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DarkFlames95 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
newhunter30,
I agree with you, there are some people who know how to use the Ouija Board properly, unfortunately I was not one of them when I first started using it, but still when using the OB, it is best to take necessary precautions, to ensure the safety of yourself, as well as others around you.
DarkFlames95 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Swimsinfire,
Cutting and burning the board does not work. I have tried it and it just comes back on your front doorstep. The best thing to do is to bury it far away. Also, make sure when you bury it, that it is where no one will find it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Hello zzsgranny, I do agree that we won't burn a camera or a recorder if something follows us after ghost hunting. I also agree that in whatever way we may try to contact the other side, there is always a danger of getting nasty experience through some evil or negative spirits or entities. But, by and large, people tend to get into trouble after a Ouija Board session. That is primarily because people don't know how to use the board and many times used it as a toy to play. Secondly, the precautions have not taken before and after the session. Thirdly, the session was not closed properly. Fourthly, inexperienced persons, without any knowledge and dangers about OB play with it instead of using the Board. Last but not the least, majority run into trouble because they tend to use the Ouija Board alone.

I have had my own bad experiences and I knew many people ended up having nasty encounters. So, I advise not to use the Board at all.

But still, I agree with you and newhunter with a little salt because of what I said above.

Zzsgranny, hope you wouldn't mind my opinion and please don't feel offended.

Regards and respects to both of you.

SDS
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
newhunter. I have to agree with you. There are inherent dangers to any kind of communication with the other side. Ouija boards aren't the only means for the nasties to come through. 😊 It's like, would I burn my recorder or camera if a nasty followed me home from an investigation? I don't think so! 😆
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Ok I may get a lot of people disagreeing with me but that happpens. I WOULD strongly agree that a OB is not a toy to played with and yes you can open doors that are better left closed. Using a OB when you don't know what you are doing is just a bad choice. I also agree 100% with Vermont and others who said to learn the PROPER use of the OB. I have used one on a single occasion and will not use it again.

That said I don't think saying a OB is "evil" or demonic or something you should never use is any more acceptable than using one without knowing the proper way. The board is just a tool, in and of itself it is not evil and doesn't make evil come through. Don't get me wrong evil can come through but its not the board doing it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hello LostLibra22, I don't think we can the use the word "play" while dealing with Ouija Boards. It is not a toy and we don't play. Well, I think we can call it a session or using Ouija Board. But my advise to you would be not to use it again. It is shocking that you used whisky glass as a planchette. But I don't think that whatever you contacted was ZoZo. It might be a negative or evil entity and I don't think that the first and the second spirits were different and they were one and the same. I just want to ask you one question. Did you close the session properly? If not do it properly and please don't use the Ouija Board again. It is for your good.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
I knew this would be worth reading. A whiskey glass? I agree with the Goat, more whiskey. Seriously, those ouijia boards cause so much grief. The best thing to do with them is to cut them up in tiny pieces, burn them, and thow them in a McDonalds dumpster. And the whiskey glass.
DarkFlames95 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Best advice is not to use the Ouija board. I started using it when I was ten and it put me through a living nightmare. It is not a game, it is serious business and you can open doors that shouldn't be opened.
tapisonline (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
I like your subconscious mind theory. Parapsychologists attribute the OB phenomenon to than ideomotor movement. They have found that when individuals have been blindfolded and the board turned the other way around, apparent "messages" from the spirits were either spelt out back to front or only garbled words were spelt out. This strongly points to the human element in ob situations. The mind subconsciously remembers groupings of words and statements on the board but is unable to compensate when the board is unknowingly turned around. You would expect a disembodied spirit whose sight is not contingent on a blidfold would be able to compensate despite the sitter's lack of sight. Maybe do this as an experiment next time - for those who have no issues doing a ob session - get a random person not connected to you to pick a random word and write it on a pice of paper and place it in a sealed envelope in a locked room. Sit with the board and ask the spirit to find out what the word is. The results should speak for itself.

I too would caution playing with the ob but not for the reasons outlined by the other posters. I would caution it because you may get caught up in believing something that arises from the session and invest your energy and life in it - this can be unhelpful and can be particularly disastrous if the message is negative.

If "it" is able to...well...thats interesting, no?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
It's begging for something elfstone. Probably more whiskey! 😆
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
You used a whiskey glass for a pointer and summoned Zozo. 😕

This story is just begging for a punch line.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Have you heard the rumor that Zozo does not exist and is only a "viral" phenomenon that appeared around the time of the use of the internet?

I would advice you against using the OB, specially if it involves whiskey glasses... Full or empty. 😐
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Please refrain from 'playing' with the Ouija board. You only nead to read half the stories on this site to know that even EXPERIENCED occultists/ghost hunters know to stay away from such an unstable and potentially volatile means of communication. Only the foolhardy choose to 'play' with something that can summon evil entities and demons if used improperly.

If you persist in your foolish use of the board then I ask that you first research the PROPER ways to start, proceed with, and end any conversation with spirits. Plus pease please please make sure to know how to properly close all sessions!
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I would personally advise you not to use the ouija board again as no matter what a spirit can attach itself to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: