You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal House?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal House?

 

In my neighborhood there is a house. Looking at it, there's no damage, no horrible thing like broken windows or anything. The house itself is really cute. I always feel fine when I'm looking at it from a distance.

The second I get to the edge of the yard or driveway, however, I feel sick. I get a headache, I feel cold and achy. I feel as if I'm inside someone's negative energy and it just isn't right. I have no idea what the history of the house is or if the previous owner was simply a bad, weird person. But this house unsettles me.

The one time I dared myself to go to the front door. Before I could touch it I felt this horrid ache in the lower part of my stomach and a strong sense of doom. In a second, in my head (I did not see this with my eyes) I had the overwhelming image of a black figure looming behind the door (by the window) challenging me.

I have taken other people to the house, all of them complained of headaches and a bad feeling. One complained of an image of a black figure standing by the door. But she also said, "It wasn't like my eyes saw it. It was as if it was put into my mind." That's how I would describe it myself.

These feelings of doom happen during the day as well as night, so I'm not sure what's triggering the response. The last night I took my two friends to it, we stood in front of it for about fifteen minutes. No weird noises, just the feeling of dread and "M" and I having that shadowy image. "A" received a cut on her arm, like a scratch shortly after we left the house.

That night, when I was with them, I had a weird dream. I haven't discussed it with them yet but I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's a sign or message. That night in my dream there was a tall figure (not really male or female) in the corner of her room. It watched us, turning its head side to side (as if smelling around) then slid closer. Its hands (more like a gray light) touched the sheets over our legs. In this dream, I sat up but it only moved closer. There was no outright sound, but a dark laugh echoed in my head. Then I woke up.

Should I be afraid of this house? Should I ignore it? Confront it? Is it an energy imprint, a spirit, or demon?

Other hauntings by Ghost_Girl1993

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghost_Girl1993, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wolfavera (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
If you go near a place like that and have a strong sense of foreboding, then that means you should stay away, especially if this spirit was able to cause physical damage to your friend and enter your dreams.

-Jinx
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Ghost_Girl1993
I hope that didn't go onto the property except for that one time when you went to the door. That's trespassing if you did. I also hope you didn't write this as a Halloween story. I seem to remember a similiar story on either Tales from the Crypt or some such show but in the end the girl disappeared from her friends house when it touched her.
Now onto the paranormal. If you got these symptoms anywhere along the property line but not on the property line of houses on either side I would say the house is no good it has bad energy and perhaps the whole property does. I was driving down a road one time and stopped to admire a house that was quite old. All of a sudden I got a sense of pure evil come from it I was startled because I was IN my car.
I took off as fast as I legally could. 😆 Take it from someone who
Grew up in a haunted house. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT HOUSE AS YOU CAN.
Regards
RedWolf
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I take it this house is vacant? I would stay away from it. There's no need to borrow trouble. And yes, at least a part of this probably has to do with you "psyching" yourself out, as you put it. Not necessarily all, but a part of it and quite possibly the vision of the figure. It may well be the house has an unpleasant aura and has seen some troubles in its time, and your imagination is happily supplying the rest.
Ghost_Girl1993 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I've since left the house alone, but the other two girls said they have been visiting it periodically, trying to figure out from people if anything weird happened there.

I know it is possible to psych myself out, which is what I figured the dream was, but it was still a weird experience. To be clear the dream occurred at my friend's house.

I don't have irritable bowel syndrome. I have a long list of medical complaints, but when I get scared I get sweaty and either have problems breathing or I shake uncontrollably-I have been in moments of pure terror before (not paranormal related) and I'm pretty comfortable with self awareness.

The only reason we had first checked out the house was that my friend was interesting in buying it. It's for sale and she and her husband are tired of apartment living. Because it was for sale and we weren't going inside or changing anything on the property, I saw no harm in being in the front yard.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Hi Ghost_Girl1993, I go with Zack and elfstone on this. Why are you so fascinated with the house? Well, if you want to investigate, first you must make some foundations like asking the neighbours, finding out the history of the house, if anybody had any experiences or encounters etc. Secondly, please do ask your friend that how she got the bruise in her hand. Was it anything to do with some rational explanation or otherwise. I don't say that there is nothing in that house. There might be something.

The dream part of it, you said that the apparition you saw was in "her" room. Whose room? I mean when you were sleeping in somebody's room? But dream might be due to your experience and I think, it has got nothing to do with you getting into danger and all. I do not think there is any danger to you. Still I would advise you to be careful.

If you have any further inputs, please post it by way of reply. But before venturing into ghost hunting, please take precautions, investigate and then do it with persons with some expertise.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Ghost_Girl1993:
I must agree with the individual commenters that suggest just leave that house along. If what you say it true, then that thing is an intelligent being and you don't want to deal with it. As the old saying go's, let sleeping dogs lie, its not your house and not your issue...
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
I agree with elfstone's comments. You could be psyching yourself out, and your friends could be doing the same. Feelings of dread and nausea have been associated with exposure to high energy electrical fields. You say the feeling doesn't start until you cross on to the property, you may be crossing over a high-voltage underground electrical line. Lastly, the feelings may indeed be coming from the house. Speaking from experience, the dead can be just as unforgiving of trespassers as the living... Leave the house alone.
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Sorry for being too specific, but I want to get this out of the way. Do you per chance have an irritable bowel syndrome that is triggered by stress? I am asking because I have one and the amounts of pain I can experience because of just being nervous are incredible.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
I'm sorry but I don't understand why you're going to this house to begin with? If you don't live there and you aren't visiting someone who does, then you're most likely trespassing. Even if there is something there -- and you could very well be psyching yourselves out -- it's not your problem. Leave it alone.
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Outside of dreams and images in your head, have you physically felt threatened? I know you said your friend got scratched standing out front of the house. Did she have any comment on how she got scratched? Has anything else happened to her? Just based on what you've told us, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm not saying that what you all experienced at the house was paranormal, or wasn't. But if you are worried about it, first and foremost, I would stop going back to it. If you are not prepared to deal with what it could bring upon you, the safe thing to do is stay away. Just my advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: