You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Was It My Uncle's Deceased Collie, Prince?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Uncle's Deceased Collie, Prince?

 

In my last story I spoke of myself being followed by my Uncle Doug. When he was alive he had a Collie called Prince. He died a few years before my Uncle, who he used to follow everywhere he went.

Now it didn't cross my mind that Prince could also be following my Uncle in the afterlife as he did when they were both alive. Until a few years ago in 2009 when something neither my Mum nor I can explain.

It was in the summer of '09 and I lived in the house I again mentioned in my last story. That same year my mum decided to pull up the carpet on the stairs and in her room as it was becoming quite dangerous to walk on, especially the stairs, as it was starting to come up on the floor and causing her to trip every time she walked up or down the stairs. After this the floor was really noisy as there was wooden flooring underneath the carpet.

You could always hear our Labrador's claws on the floor as she walked about upstairs and also my Mum's footsteps. Might I add we only had one dog at that point.

One day when I was getting ready to take our dog for a walk I couldn't find her anywhere. So I stood at the bottom of our stairs and shouted 'walkies' as she always comes running, and both me and my mum heard the distinct noise of claws on the wooden floor upstairs. (I should also mention that the stairs and landing was all open plan so it was loud throughout the whole house.) When she failed to come downstairs I thought she had just walked back to her bed in my Mum's bedroom, so I went to check up on her to see why she didn't want to go for a walk.

As it was in the middle of the day I didn't bother turning any lights on, but didn't realize my mum hadn't put her blackout blind up on her bedroom window so her room was dark but my eyes adjusted straight away. In the corner on our dog's bed I could see a black shape exactly like a dog lying on the bed. I could see the shape of the legs, head, back and tail clearly, so I called her name (Bella) but there was no movement. So I left her to it as I thought she just wasn't in the mood for a walk which was unusual for her.

As I went downstairs I could hear tapping on the backdoor. So I went over to the door, opened it and in ran Bella our dog.

Safe to say I quickly grabbed her leash and ran out of the house not looking back until I calmed down and returned.

Neither I nor my Mum can explain what the noise was, until my Grandmother came round with her sister (My Aunt Barb who was married to my Uncle Doug) and she told us that it could have been their old Collie Prince.

It still puzzles me though. What are your thoughts?

Other hauntings by charpam893

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charpam893, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
I believe animals will check in on us from the afterlife. It clearly wasn't Bella upstairs, so it seems plausible that Prince may have been visiting.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
charpam893 - as I am the one who edited/published your story, I have to admit I was a little confused when I checked your profile and the only story was the one about the wardrobe. I started to edit the part out about your uncle and then I realized what might have happened, that it is caught somewhere in our queue of stories yet to be edited 😆, so I left it in here hoping you'd do exactly what you did. Thank you 😊

BTW, I don't think it changes the context of the story, so it's okay. Obviously you saw what you believed to have been Bella, yet it wasn't. So who was it? Maybe it was Prince 😊
charpam893 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Have to apologise for the beginning as my story where I explained about my uncle hasn't been published. I thought I had a couple of days before this one. So I apologise and I will re-write the story up ASAP!

Enjoy the read though!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: