You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Figures In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Figures In The Dark

 

Hey there, this is the first time I've really come out with my paranormal experiences, I rarely speak about it. I am a very strong believer regarding spirits, demonic possessions and the like. I have photographic evidence, and most of my experiences have been witnessed by others. I assure you that this is all very true, and I would appreciate some light to be shed.

I've had a few encounters with the unknown, but none have frightened me as much as this. It's been at least 5 years since my last sighting, so the details are rather hazy. I apologize in advance.

I remember being very into this sort of thing. I would do a lot of reading about ghosts and demons. And together, my friends and I would enjoy discussing it. We would hang out a lot together, right up until midnight on a lot of nights. They lived right across the road, so we had lots of time together. I don't quite remember how, or when this started, but what I do remember, is this.

One night, it was cold, late and I was with my friends as per usual, and at the end of our street there's a small park, surrounded by few trees, and something had grabbed my attention in the dark. I saw a very tall figure, darker than the darkness, but I could see it clearly. It was VERY tall. And it moved quickly. I may have seen just the one, or multiple, but the gargantuan figure would dart through the park, appearing behind, on top of and around the playground. Even typing this now and remembering back to it makes my heart race.

I saw it, or them, and turned to my friends, "Did you see that, did you see that?" and so on. I think the younger sister saw something too, but I can't quite remember that far into the memory. But it was very creepy.

Another night, with the same friends and the person I was dating at the time, it was 2 or 3 in the morning, and we snuck out to go to the bigger park, a 20 minute walk from where I lived back then. When we got there, it was all fun and games for a while. We were out frolicking in amongst the trees, and it appeared again. It watched from the trees behind us, and would follow us, more specifically me, but wouldn't get too close. I would look back and see it peeking from behind a tree, or disappearing behind another one. But even when I didn't look, I felt it watching me.

Since I moved, I haven't seen it or them much since the few encounters I had back then. But these days I feel uneasy and anxious sleeping in my bedroom, I physically can't. My room is absolutely freezing and the chance of me having a nightmare is increased greatly if I sleep in there.

For the first year or so living here, I only saw the figure in the living room doorway for a few seconds, and it would disappear. For this past year I haven't seen anything. But I have strange feelings, and I'm in my room only briefly.

But once again, I assure you that this is very real, and I would like some serious responses regarding this. Even though I haven't seen the odd figure for a long time now, I get strange feelings. I feel as if I'm being watched, and it isn't very nice. I don't know if this thing is evil or what, but it does scare me.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and in future I may post some more of my encounters.

Cheers,

Jessie.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jessiedamnation, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Is it accurate to say in MOST of these cases, people

1) Become aware of a shadow figure / white ghostly figure.
2) IF they make a loud noise or turn on lights, the figures appear scared / terrified.
3) Following lights / loud noises, the figures may appear to experience being "pulled away" or harmed.
4) Some people feel like they are restrained and can't speak. This MAY be an attempt to stop them turning on lights / making loud noises for the reasons above.
5) In many cases the figures behave in an odd manner, attempting to "walk normally" and failing. Attempting to appear as images from dreams / nightmares. Attempting to communicate, but not appearing entirely certain how to do so. Attempting to interact with us in some manner but seeming not to understand what is acceptable?

IF this is the case, there may be NO hostile intent from any of them, regardless of the impressions they give. They may quite literally be responding to emotional state, attempting to preserve themselves etc but trying to reach out. Either way, in many cases, they appear as scared as the subject.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
Hi jessiedamnation, I have the same doubt as BJJ. When did you last see it? Five years ago or a year ago. Secondly, you said many people have witnessed your experiences and that you have photographic evidence. I want to ask if the photographs relate to this entity you have been seeing since long.

What about the other people's response to your experiences. How do they feel about it? Secondly, I just want to ask you something. You said that you have been seeing this large figure since a long time. When you said "did you see that" what was the reaction of your friends? Have they seen it?

Further, please don't mind me asking you. Do you have any medical conditions? Are you under some medications for quite a long time for some treatment. Why I ask you is that some medicines will have the effect of hallucination on the person.

Please respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Hey, as they say, sensation is sensation, if it feels evil and "scary" it probably is. If you feel "watched" in your room and it is freezing, it is probably something supernatural?
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
You mentioned that you have photos, would it be possible for you to upload them so myself and others can have a look and see if we see anything?

When I was reading this, one word popped into my head = Junjuddies. This Australian creature are sometimes seen following people around. This creature are also known to be guardians.

Just a thought,

Would love to see the photos,

BattleScars
misssaxobeat03 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
i read your story and it's really interesting. I know what you are talking about. My aunts have had a similar experience in their childhood and I would actually suggest you not to be afraid of this shadow. My aunts told me that they are ''guardians'' and do not cause any harm whatsoever. Who knows... Maybe he's watching over you:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
I have a quick question about the time frame. You say that you haven't had a paranormal sighting in five years, then later say one year. Am I just completely reading this wrong? A little clarification would be appreciated. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: