You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend Saw My Ghost But I'm Still Alive?

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Saw My Ghost But I'm Still Alive?

 

I am a little scared as my friend announced to me, today, that she'd seen my ghost. I asked her to elaborate and this is what she explained.

She awoke in the middle of the night, needing the toilet, so she got up to go and she passed a mirror in the hallway next to the bathroom. She thought she saw something but ignored it as you would in a normal circumstance. However, once she was finished she began to walk back to her room she saw something in the mirror again, this time she gave it attention. It was me, standing behind her, looking at her through the mirror, I wasn't smiling or looking upset/scared, just expressionless. She thought nothing of it as she knew that I am alive.

However, a week ago I mentioned to her that I was scared of dying and that I could feel it coming to me. But she brushed it off and told me that I was being stupid, but this week she seems a little more uncertain. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it has freaked me out a little bit as she could describe my clothing and how I was wearing my hair. She described a top I have but I haven't worn it within the past year?

I want to talk to her more about it but she seems quite reluctant. Part of me wishes that she could tell me that she's made it all up but that's really not in her nature to do so.

I don't know what to make of this whole thing but I'd love to know anyone/everyone's thoughts? I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this experience as I feel quite on edge about the whole thing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pixiedust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Its creepy. How anyone can see the ghost of a living person. Strange!
Jessicaan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
As a lot of people have said, you could have been astral projecting and went to see her! A lot of people do it in their sleep and don't realize... A friend of mine claimed he got out of bed, went to leave the room and saw his body still lying there. So not a crackpot theory:p ❤
musclemd (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
When I was 5 years old and visiting family who lived in a very old house dating back to the 1800's, where it was rumored to have housed escaped slaves as part of the "Underground Railroad", I experienced various paranormal happenings including seeing my own ghost double. Similar context; expressionless, clothing of the era but not what I was wearing, motionless. This and other ghost doubles were witnessed by various members of my family. No such thing as group hallucinations. All very real.
That was back in the early 70's in Leicester, NY.
That was Over 40 years ago and the three people- ghost doubles, including myself, that I witnessed, are all very alive today.
I am a Christian and do not fully understand the things I saw outside of knowing there is a supernatural realm. I am at peace with understanding I do not have to figure out what powers haunted that house and why they were doing what they were. It does not effect my life here on earth or my future in heaven.
satanas666 (6 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
My young friend. I warn you. Soul could be possessed by a demon. And is probably using it to contact your friend look for unusual signs in her behavior and activities, maybe even a change in hairstyle or clothes... Careful. And remember. The satanic bible will set you free.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
PixieDust, I once saw my ex-room-mate in our apartment, when I knew he was at work. That was a long time ago, and he is still alive and doing well. So, don't let it worry you.
ILiveInAHauntedHouse (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
Don't worry about it, she could have been dreaming and it seemed real. Don't put youself down because of this! Live and love life until the end. And I'm not saying your friend is a liar, but maybe she was lying? Don't hate me that I have said this ❤
Madelyn 😳
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Don't be alarmed by your account, I saw my wife walk around our home out of body years ago and she had no recollection of it neither and she's fine today... I on the other hand, do remember my observations consciously on most accounts when I astral project with in the home I live... And drawing on my own conclusions about the nature of the experiences or how it works comes down to your ability to connect realities between your classical state of consciousness which belongs to mind and confined with in the principles of it's nature and your higher self or what I refer to as spiritual consciousness which never sleeps and usually dreams when your taking a rest, but in your case, it decided to take a walk around your home of which your friend was able to observe...it's not that uncommon, I would think your friend perhaps has had a few other experiences of paranormal nature? That I would be curious to know?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Great advise all of the above. We tend to make friends because people need to be connected. Wow that would be creepy to see behind you though.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
I suggest you read this story. It's by an Australian woman who saw herself as well, and the doppelgänger told the woman that the former was an angel. Here is the story for proof:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18882
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
😊 I was thinking the same as Badjuujuu on this like an outer body experiance? Then it came to me that maybe your friend also may have had a nightmare where you had died waking her up slightly then seeing you in the mirror? I know at one time me and my best friend would dream of each other and what we were doing and then the weekends would come and we would be wearing the same clothes and doing the stuff in our dreams (shopping,eating,sneaking a cigeratte) it really kind of scared us as I am of the baptist faith and her a devote seventh day adventist but after some time it was just normal and when we would speak on the phone we finished each others sentances she is still my best friend we just speak on facebook because of where we live now. I am on the farthest east coast and her on the west coast (North Carolina and California) best of wishes and if you keep dwelling on the bad stuff it will catch you so stay up-beat and enjoy your youth while its yours ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Mmkay, crackpot theory time. Are you familiar with the concept of astral projection? Basically, a person can temporarily step out of their body (the body is fine, in no danger during these episodes) and move around. This can happen by accident when a person is asleep and they may or may not remember it.
I think it may be possible that you went to visit your friend, perhaps just looking for some companship and comfort since you're afraid. I do not think this is something that should frighten you. Or her, for that matter.
I don't know if this will bring you any comfort, but I was terrified of death starting around 13. I was convinced every day was my last day on earth, for no good reason whatsoever. I just believed I was going to die at any time. I have a past life memory of dying very young, and after I passed the age I died in my past life memory, poof, no more fear of death. I'm in my 30s now, have a good life, and love every minute of it.
Maybe, and this is another crackpot theory, your subconscious remembers a previous life that was short. Try to live and love every day, I believe that this fear is a temporary thing that will go away soon enough. Don't let it drag you down or get a hold on you, this too shall pass. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: