You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board Surprise

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board Surprise

 

My name is Naveen Pradeep and this is my 2nd experience I am sharing in this site. The experience that I am sharing now happened during the days after my graduation. My mom had the hobby of contacting spirits (only that of our close relatives) to seek answers during our hard days. She used a Ouija Board for this purposes.

Ouija board is a board that contains alphabets A to Z, numbers 0 to 9, Yes / No and a smooth surfaced coin. Two persons (one person who ask questions and the other as a supporting medium) have to keep their index finger on the smooth-surfaced coin and the medium will offer his prayers and call the spirit that he wishes to contact. Once the spirit has come, the coin would move to "Yes" with the fingers still placed on it. It's a dangerous act as it would harm the people involved in it if not handled properly.

Similarly, my mom and sister used to contact the spirit, wherein I and my dad would sit nearby to take the notes. Though I believed in the existence of spirits or paranormal presences, it was always very hard for me to have a complete faith. My mom contacts only my grandfather and he answers her questions by moving the coin over the alphabets and numbers.

On one particular day, I had gone to my friend's place to spend my weekend. It was on the same night my family sat for a Ouija session. After offering prayers, my mom called the spirit of my grandfather to come and answer her questions and the coin started moving. Just to reconfirm, my mom asked again if it was my grandfather that had come to answer her. The coin slowly moved to "No" and then to different alphabets to show that the spirit was that of one of her uncles. Saying that she wanted to contact only my grandfather, my mom closed the session. As she tried contacting the spirit of my grandfather for three more times, she was really surprised to see that all the three times only her uncle came to answer.

My mom finally asked the reason for my grandfather not turning up and the coin started moving again... My father noted down all the alphabets and it read, "HE HAS GONE WITH NAVEEN TO AMBATTUR". Yes, Ambattur was the place where I was spending my weekend.

Other hauntings by naveennasa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, naveennasa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

naveennasa (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
[at] spiritwaiting & [at] bluemer04 - now I am working in Dubai, UAE and you know what, it was again my grandfather who told that I will be working abroad... In fact he even told the month as well.

[at] swimsinfire - even now that incident send chills down spine...

[at] hoppingcorpse - No offence at all. Actually I liked your comparison 😁 😜

[at] redwolf - that was the last time my parents used O.B Many of our relatives and friends kept telling us about the dangers involved in it and subsequently we stopped.

THANK YOU GUYS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Keep in mind that even if you are speaking to relatives or spirits you THINK are relatives something else may come out. I never had that happen because of the precautions I took but stopped using the O.B. For personal reasons. I was in Toys are Us looking for something for a friends grandkids. I was shocked to see that they now sell another type of O.B. It's called the Oracle and you put batteries into the planchette and it moves on it's own. On it's face it looks harmless but if you want you could use a shotglass as a planchette. I hate that parents think the O.B. Is a game and buy it for their kids.
I would much rather have my relatives come to me in a dreams or in my waking state. I know it's not always possible but hey my grandfather loved the horses and gave me some tips on races that paid off 😆
Regards
RedWolf
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Sorry, no offence but when I read the name of your story it reminded me of a name of a sweet from Monty Python sketch "Spring surprise".
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
Yes, this is the first time I've heared someone write about using it properly. I've seen directions about this. That is just amazing confirmation that our relatives continue to watch over us. ❤
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
This is amazing, that your mother can actually get in touch with your relatives using ouija board. Though they said ouija is a very dangerous thing. Nice to know that your Grandfather accompanied you...
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
naveennasa, I like this story. Because your grandfather decided to travel with you, just to watch over you. I'm thankful, though your mother is experienced in using the quija. Because from my experience I've never heard or recieved anything good from them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: