You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Domestic Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Domestic Apparition

 

In September,2010,I went to visit my son and daughter-in-law in Stroudsgurg, PA for an overnight stay. They had just rented a house and were excited for me to see it. The house was a Cape Cod style house built in 1932 on four acres of, mostly wooded, land. There was a small brook running in front of the house and you had to cross a little red bridge to the driveway. It was very charming. So we spent a wonderful day together. My son cooked us a delicious meal, we talked for a while then watched a movie and by 1 am we went to bed.

The guest room was on the second floor across from the master bedroom. The room was very cozy and nicely decorated with a full-sized, antique looking bed with a white headboard and a pretty quilt on the bed. It was very inviting so I put the TV on and got comfortable and must have fallen asleep very quickly.

Sometime during the night I became aware of a presence in the room. I was lying on my right side and felt as if someone was behind me. At this point I wanted to turn my head to see who was there, but realized I was unable to move. Now I figured I must still be asleep and I have to wake myself up, then all of a sudden the quilt billows up off my body. Then just as the quilt falls back down on me I'm able to move. I quickly turn my head to see who is doing this and see this heavy set black woman wearing a blue head wrap on her head and what looked like a blue skirt and shirt. She was sort of leaning over me with the edges of the quilt still in her hands, and she looked really angry, sort of gritting her teeth at me. The only thing I could think of doing was blow in her face, which I did. This appeared to startle her so badly her expression completely changed to total surprise and she faded out. I jumped out of bed, completely freaked out. I didn't know what to do, I peeked out the bedroom door, all was quiet, so I turned up the volume on the TV and just laid there until I fell asleep again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, huldufolk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

huldufolk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
Thank you all for your comments, they are much appreciated. It was a "ridiculous strange event "and so random, I simply reacted and as silly as sounds it was effective. 😊
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
Scary and funny at the same time - I enjoyed it. Well done, huldofolk. I might not have had the presence of mind to blow in her face.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
Hahahahaha you blew in her face. Because that made sense at the time. Of course! No, I think that actually makes sense when you're in a sleepy daze. And yes, I bet it surprise her. Thank you for sharing this story. It made me giggle.
Maus (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
Huldufolk-There are far too many accounts on this site that smack of extreme flights of fancy. Your experience comes across as utterly genuine. It is always refreshing to read a personal account that is unafraid to describe what is basically a rediculously strange event followed by a rediculous reaction (I'm a firm believer that we are all rediculous by nature). Not every supernatural event must be profound, poetic, or melodramatic. Thank you for "keeping it real" and nurturing my hope that as the 90s were right in positing that the "truth is out there".
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
huldufolk - thank you for the story, I really enjoyed it. I was not expecting the hilarious ending where you thought the best thing to do was blow in her face! Haha she probably thought she was going to succeed in scaring you off, little did she know. Well done! - notjustme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: