You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Last Visit Before Moving On

Real Ghost Stories

A Last Visit Before Moving On

 

The mother of my mom took care of me when I was young. Back then, where she go, I go. I'm her tail.

We went to my aunt's place in Sangandaan, Quezon City that afternoon. One will pass a huge acacia (or was that a balete?) tree on the left side of the road before the way in of a dead-end road, also on the left side. Toward the inside of the blind alley, there were just three houses, one on each side. My aunt's was the one at the right, and a three-storey house with a veranda on the third floor at the end of the road. (Honestly, I'm trying to recall where the veranda was, on the third or second, or maybe both floors have balcony.) I can no longer see the big tree after we entered the road leading to the house of my aunty because the house on my left side was blocking the view. And I don't have, in any way, interest with that tree so it never bothered me.

I was looking straight ahead, my eyes were fixed at the boy standing with his elbows resting on the railings of the balcony, and looking at the direction of the tree, or so I thought. He's just looking intently at that path while I vaguely looking at him. I only focused my intention to my aunt when she greeted me with, "Don't play at the back of the house without wearing your slippers. Al died this morning because he stepped on a rusted nail a week or so ago while playing at the back (of the house) and tetanus got him." (What a welcoming remark!) I asked, "Who's Al?" "Al," she replied, as if I really knew Al, "was your playmate next door", pointing at the three-storey house outside. "Al?", I was starting to feel a little confuse, "the black boy with curly hair, like this, like that, blah blah blah, and about the age of Jeffgard?" (Jeffgard is her son and a year younger than me.) "Yes!" she answered. "No, aunty, he's there at the balcony. I saw him just before we entered here. And he's still there!" I was jerking her to come along with me and to have a look but she paid no heed to my plea.

Well, who would believe a child for telling the truth? Of what he saw?

"Al" was there. He's there, like, really, flesh and blood. I didn't saw a "floating Al" or something. He's just like an ordinary child, human, I mean, just staring blankly at the direction of that tree over there. I didn't see any irregularity whatsoever. I only realized the lapse in ordinary when my aunt made that hospitable statement. Al? Dead? That morning? Tetanus? I saw Al at the balcony that afternoon. Period.

I read stories of Near Death Experience (NDE) and in some cases, when a child is involved, an angel will accompany the child, let\'s the child to see the loved ones, and visit a particular house or place before moving on to the "light".

I made that incident clear to my aunty just the other month, long after they move from one place to another and decades after she didn't believed me when I was a child telling her what I just saw. And now, she believes.

Other hauntings by ad_victoriam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ad_victoriam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ad_victoriam (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
[at] Griff84, I certainly agree with you! Hahahah! 😆 But I was too young to disapprove with my aunt back then. 😊

Thanks for reading my story, Griff84 and Swimsinfire. 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Hi ad_victoriam, this is a sad story for Al, sounds like he was just visiting the place he loved to play before being moved on. I have read many accounts of someone being spotted by loved ones at a certain point, sometimes thousands of miles away, from where there physical body was, then the confirmation of their unfortunate death followed.

Can I just say, a pair of slippers would not have protected much against a rusty nail. I would put my daughter is steel capped working boots to play if there was a chance of injury... 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
So sad, but beautiful that Al took time to warn you by looking out toward the possible of danger. Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: