You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Excited Call

Real Ghost Stories

The Excited Call

 

My father died on the 23rd of July, 2007, a few minutes before 2 am, a day after my niece's 14th birthday celebration. He had too much, too many alcohol in his system considering the event that came to pass and maybe his kidney failed. I really don't know. Our mother found him inside the comfort room, laying as if sleeping. The doctor (they took him to the hospital though they knew it's already too late) said my father had a massive stroke (stoppage of blood flow to brain). It's so hard for us losing him. We were talking on the phone, he's very jolly especially when he's talking with the kids, just hours ago. The next time the phone rang, it's the devastating news!

Then, a week or two after his funeral, my wife's washing the dirty clothes with our youngest son beside her. I'm just watching them from the inside of our house when my wife said to our son, "Hey, there's a call for you." My son sprung up and run to the house (and here's what he told me he did when he went to the house), went upstairs, went to my parents' room, saw my mother reading a book and then went down back to his mother. Although I'm watching them, I really don't know what's going on. When he came back, he asked my wife, "Mom, did you heard that, too?" They looked at each other, amazed. Then my wife came to me and told me what just had happened.

First, they heard my father's calling "Jajan! Jajan!" (My son's name is Jojon but my father used to call him Jajan, particularly when they're playing.) The second time they heard the call, just seconds after the first, that's when I saw and heard her saying to my son that he should go and have a look.

So, I looked at my son, he doesn't seem to be afraid nor my wife, they seem to be alright. They even looked more relieved or something. They said the voice was my father's, sounded excited like he's playing or when he's about to give something to his grandson.

I, too, felt pleased when they told me that. They were both excited, as I said, looked happy and were not afraid. I told my siblings and other sons the incident and they, too, relaxed. Maybe it's really my father, trying to tell us that everything is okay and he's fine. Maybe a sign from above (mimicking my father) so that we may not feel too bad about him passing away without saying goodbye. I don't know.

I believe in spirits but my faith prohibits me to believe that dead people can come back and interact with the living. (What about my other experience seeing an acquaintance who died in the morning without my knowledge? That's another story.) But, maybe, God sometimes give an exemption because, as we all know, He's merciful. Maybe He felt pity on us and gave us a sign that my father is with Him.

Other hauntings by ad_victoriam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ad_victoriam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
Hello:

Despite being raised around similar beliefs, I personally do not believe a God of love would not allow souls to comfort grieving loved ones. But this is what I have come to believe through my own personal experience. Each of us has our own path in life, and come to our own conclusions through a combination of beliefs and experience.
I think it is nice that your father made the effort to comfort your family through that difficult time.
Blessings,
Lynev
ad_victoriam (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
CuriousGuy, Triskaideka and bluemer04, thanks. No, bluemer04, that never happened again. This is my wife and son's experience, they were the ones who actually heard the voice. I had the same experience (with my brother and an uncle-Tito Jeng) decades ago but the voice was, like, so scared, so horrifying. "Jeng! Jeng!" Like, someone was being chase around and if caught will be torture or something. We hold our uncle so tight and asked him who was that. He was puzzled, "He's dead! He died yesterday! How could that be? He's already dead due to overdose yesterday! He's still in the morgue when I left his parents!" So, that's why I asked my wife and son if the voice they heard sounds scared, worry, happy or what. When they said it sounds happy, playful, like excited, I felt good.:) Many thanks for reading my story.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
It didn't happen again since you said it was 2007? Because they said here in the Philippines, souls still wander the earth up to 40 days before they finally see the light (old belief- but I might be wrong). There will be times that they will have their presence felt. I admire your courage and bravery as you all didn't get scared. But since it's family maybe that's the reason why you didn't get scared. Maybe it just shows your dad still care for his grandson and for the whole family and a way of saying he is okay and don't worry and he will always be there to watch out for all of you. 😁
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
I also don't typically believe that spirits are those who are deceased (I was raised in a Christian home), but after reading a lot of these stories, I'm starting to change my mind.

To answer your question, yes, I do think it's possible that someone "up above" just wanted to give you a sign that everything is okay, and that your father loves and misses you all. 😊
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Ah ok. I was just wonderin if maybe he may have saw something in the room with your mom or something.

Thats definatly an interesting experience though. I have had my name called a few times but never knew where or who called it and no one in the area knew me at the time. May post a story about that later.

But it was written out real well. Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.

Peace
CuriousGuy
ad_victoriam (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
CuriousGuy, my son, who, at that time, was only seven years old, saw nothing except my mom (she's still alive and kicking to this day). My mom confirmed (to me) that she saw the excitement in my son's face when he entered her room. Up to this very minute, my wife and son (he said the memory's still fresh and he's treasuring it) remain to their story.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Well correction to my last comment, did your son have anything happen other then seeing your mom in the house?

Peace
JustCurious
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Just a quick question.

Did your son go and look and if so what happened?

Peace
CuriousGuy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: