You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Experiences On The Same Day

Real Ghost Stories

Two Experiences On The Same Day

 

I absolutely had to share this ASAP as I had probably the most paranormal day of my life, all today in broad daylight within a matter of two hours.

As I said in earlier posts, I work for an insurance company doing inspections/investigations at buildings / houses where people have submitted claims for damages. Today, I was headed to a claim east of New Castle, PA... Where the famous Hill View Manor is located. I drove past Hill View Manor on my way to an appointment.

It was absolutely pouring, and as I passed Hill View, I caught a glimpse of a man leaning up against the building smoking a cigarette (or so he appeared). He caught my attention because at first glance I thought he was in a Civil War uniform... Dark blue jacket, light blue pants, and was wearing a dark blue hat. This is why I bothered to look (he was not actually dressed as a Civil War soldier, just was wearing similarly colored clothes when I paid more attention). I also thought it was strange that he's out in the pouring rain leisurely leaning up against the building. I saw this at a distance of about 100 yards, which is from the road to the building. I looked ahead to the road again since I was driving, and glanced back... He was gone. Nowhere in site. I drove past again later and drove slowly by to scope out the site. There was no door to go into at that part of the building he was standing by. It is easily 30 feet in either direction to a corner of the part of the building he was standing by... No bushes to hide in around... Gone. Broad daylight too. I wasn't thinking about ghosts or anything, just driving by going about my way, and only noticed this guy because how he was dressed. He totally disappeared in a matter of 2 seconds, and I watched him for about 3-5 seconds - enough time to get the above description of how he was dressed, his body language, etc.

So, after I saw this guy at Hill View, I get to my inspection. I meet a property manager at a bank-owned (foreclosed) house. This has been abandoned for about 2 years, and was a complete and total mess inside. I was there because on a monthly inspection the property manager found someone stole the copper out of the house. We're going through the house, and I enter a room when a voice says, loudly "Let's play!" I'm already on edge, as I've come across all sorts of dangerous things in abandoned houses, and jump back, nearly knocking over the guy I'm inspecting with.

I notice the floor is covered in dolls and child's toys, so obviously this voice came from one of them... But the floor is also covered in water from snow melting into the house through roof damage, and as I said, its been 2 years since anybody has lived there. It is pretty impressive that the toy didn't short out from the water, or the batteries didn't go dead. So we have a laugh about it, and go about our business. I go back into the room about 10 minutes later, and the same voice says, "I want to be your best friend!" Ok... The thing didn't say a thing for the first half hour we were there... It only spoke those two times, both times when I entered the room. I don't know if there are motion-activated talking dolls or not out there, but this seriously creeped us both out.

Now here's where it gets even crazier. I'm in the attic of the house getting pictures, and the property manager comes up the steps. He about jumps out of his skin when he sees me. He tells me I scared him... That he thought I was in the basement. He swears he was in the kitchen taking pictures and caught a glimpse of me walking down the basement steps. He said he even heard me walking down the steps. He immediately went upstairs, and there I was. The house was secure when we got there and there were no signs of squatters or anyone else there. That about did us in and we finished up and left.

Crazy day.

Other hauntings by NorthCoastie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NorthCoastie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
It is crazy what people leave in houses when they foreclose on them. More often than not the foreclosures I've been in have been packed with stuff... Like the former owners just got up and left one day. Creepiest thing I ever saw was a table completely set for dinner with rotten food still on the plates. Maybe this house is haunted and the people who lived there couldn't take it anymore and left... I'll never know!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Man, no one wants to be an insurance inspector now. Why would there be a bunch of dolls in the house? Chucky or Sharlene.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
I don't know why, but odd events have a way of happening the same day. Good events, too, for that matter. I have often wondered if our state of mind has anything to do with it. Perhaps on some days we are more open to the paranormal, or the good.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
For what it's worth, motion activated dolls were around in 2011... So it is possible, I guess. Generally their voices sound... Recorded or kind of 'off'. However from your description of the conditions, it would be amazing for it to still be working that well. (Moisture really does a number on them.) Now, why the heck am I thinking of Chucky? 😨 lol
Very interesting account!
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
As far as the "Civil War Guy" at Hill View Manor... He did appear to be wearing a janitorial or maintenance / mechanic's uniform. He had that type of workers style blue jacket, over like a Dickie's style uniform, with lighter blue or grey pants and a blue hat, possibly a ball cap or fatigue style cap. There was nothing out of the ordinary about him other than he was smoking a cigarette out in the pouring rain. It wasn't even a glimpse I got of him either... It was a full on stare as I drove past, and then he was gone.

As far as the other house - I did inspect every room in the house. I did not go back down to the basement after the property manager thought he saw me going down the steps, simply because I did not know if there was an actual person down there or not, which would be much scarier than a ghost. I had a ton of "orbs" in my pictures, but as an insurance adjuster who is in moldy, fire damaged houses all the time, I know that is just particles in the air lighting up in the flash. I'll look a little closer and see if I find anything else in the pics.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
granny - we keep saying that, yet they still aren't up LOL. This is as good a time as any, I think πŸ˜† And I still think we should make a trip back there sometime.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
NorthCoastie: Yes, this story is close to our hearts 😊. In your opinion, did the man appear to be dressed as a janitor or handyman? Sounds like a janitorial uniform and if that's the case it may have been Eli, the "gentleman" in the boiler room. He's kind'a creepy, but harmless, I think.

Loonies: We need to get our stories up LOL! πŸ˜†
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
NorthCoastie, Hmmm It makes me wonder why the person or people let the home go. And why they left child toys there rather than packing them up. As far as the house I probably would have wanted to go down to the basement and take a look around. Is their any possible way you could go back to the house, and try a voice session? This had me creeped out. Great experiences!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
That's enough to make you need a drink or 2 after work...

I wonder, did anything show up in the pictures you were taking? Also, there are movement activated dolls available, but I think there are fairly new to the market, and I agree that they probably wouldn't have worked so well after being left to the elements for 2 years.

Very interesting experiences, thanks😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
NorthCoastie - ah, a story close to my own heart 😊 I love reading the stories about Haunted Hill View, even if you were just passing by and saw an apparition.

Now I'm intrigued and want to go back even more than I did before. Who was he? Did we encounter him when we were there? The Loonies, I mean LOL So many questions and no answers πŸ˜† Gonna have to check out Hill View's website and see if Rochelle has any info on this guy. Maybe someone else has reported seeing him.

As for your second experience, just guessing that what you heard may have been a motion-activated toy. But that definitely doesn't explain the who the property manager saw that he thought was you 😨 So exciting LOL

Love the story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: