You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demon Giving Me Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Giving Me Nightmares

 

I'm in my 20s now and this happened when I was around 14. I just found this website maybe a week ago and didn't think much of it. I was aware I could of posted this before but I never did due to the fact I felt that I would be accused of having a fake story. But after reading some of the stories already on here and some of the comments I feel maybe you guys can help me. So for spring break during my Freshman year in High School I stayed over my Uncle's house in Boston. After about a day of staying over he told me about this really cool colonial home he stayed in for a weekend and he wanted to show me it. After about a 30 minute drive we reached this huge brick house that just had that feeling to it. Kind of like the beginning of a Horror movie or something. I was suppose to stay there for about 3 days and go back to his place and I was ok with it. We weren't trespassing or anything he said that he knew the owner and he has stayed there plenty of times.

The first day wasn't anything bad we got there late and mainly just toured around the area. But the first night was a lot worse than the day. I woke up in the middle of the night to voices I could hear in another room. It wasn't my uncle due to the fact that they were sleeping. I could hear him and his husband snoring in the floor below me. The voices were very faint. I kept trying to make out what they were saying but I couldn't. I feel like I heard them say things like "who's that person" or "what are they doing here" but as much as I think I heard that I also think I was just hearing what I "want to" hear. It's hard to explain what I am implying. The talking never stopped and I ended up falling asleep while it was happening. In the morning of the 2nd day everything was fine. I didn't want to talk to my uncle about the night because they are very skeptical about a lot of that stuff and they would probably just laugh at me. All 3 of the days were perfectly fine. We spent a lot of time outside talking and hanging out.

The 2nd night was interesting. I went to bed just fine but I had a very scary nightmare. I was back at my actual house in my bedroom. I shared a bedroom with my brothers at the time so the way it was designed was a twin bed on one side and a bunk bed on the other. I was sitting on the twin bed and across from me was this priest looking guy holding a bible. He seemed like he was reading some passage from it. I am not that religious so I don't know specifics. When he looked up from reading he didn't look at me. He looked at the bed I was on but at the head of it instead of the foot where I was sitting. Then I turned to what he was looking at and there was this pitch black figure sitting there. It felt so dark. I have never experienced such energy I can't describe it. This feeling of fear instilled me in such a way that to this day I have never felt it since. I looked at the figure and it turned its head back at me. The sound of the priest reading started to get muffled as I looked deep into this things face. I felt my chest constricting, and my throat tightening. I was paralyzed in fear and I could hear the priest screaming at the top of his lungs to leave me alone. I woke up after a few moments of this experience to silence. I looked around the room recovering from this dream short of breath. I felt like I kept seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye but I feel like that was my mind playing tricks on me. After about 10 minutes of laying there I accepted it was just a nightmare and fell back asleep no problem. The day went on and the beginning of the last night was about to begin which was the last straw for me. I told my uncle that I simply had a nightmare and he just accepted it no jokes as it wasn't a big focus for conversation.

The 3rd night was terrifying. I had the scariest nightmare I have ever had and I can't express it enough. To this day and right now as I type this it gives me chills. I had a nightmare where I was in my kitchen at my actual home and the figure was there again right next to me. It didn't say anything to me directly but I knew what it was saying.

"Let me show you something" was all it said. But said isn't a good word. Like telepathically tell me? I don't know how to say it. But before my eyes I was in darkness. And the location I was brought to was the most frightening thing I have ever seen. I don't want to describe it into to much detail as it makes me extremely uncomfortable. But I will say that this place it showed me was so dark and so evil no one not even the most hated man alive should ever have to experience such a punishment. I could feel myself in danger. And not the type of danger you thinking of. Like I was in trouble I hate to use the word but I felt like my actual soul was in trouble. I woke up from this nightmare covered in sweat. My heart was racing and I felt like I just fell out of a plane or something.

I was sleeping in a queen bed at the home and I slept on the side against the wall. I was facing the wall on my side and I could feel the side of the bed behind me sink down as if someone had just sat there. I could hear heavy breathing and I was paralyzed in fear. My face was pale and I couldn't scream. Nothing was working. After about 30 seconds the bed went back to normal and the side went back to normal. I didn't tell anyone about my experience the following day or the following week. I told my friends briefly about it at school and they didn't think much of it and blew it off. It's not that they didn't believe me it's just that I don't think they cared.

I decided to post it on here because after reading a couple of the stories I believe you guys can help explain what this was. I have not experienced anything similar since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kwalker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-06-10)
Yes, Kwalker, I believe you had either a demon or an evil spirit. You need to stay away from this place! DO NOT use a Ouija board! If you came this close to this 'thing', that is all it would take for it to come to you and Stay with you. (And by the way, NEVER burn a Ouija board! You destroy the door for it to leave.) I agree with Pratekya about joining a church (Christian Church) and talking to the preacher. Also shadow people can Cause you to hurt/kill yourself.
I hope to hear you Never return to this place.
Kwalker (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Just reading through some of the comments and answering some questions.

No I'm not open to the paranormal. And I still am not due to the possibility of it Being just a dream.

The evil place id rather not go into detail. It is extremely uncomfortable. It was just dark, evil is the best way to describe it. If I had to compare the feeling to something we can experience normally. Walking into a party full of serial killers and they are all just looking at you. Not doing anything... Staring at you with cold eyes. The feeling is extremely hard to describe but that's as good as I can do sorry.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
I agree with bad ju ju...man, that is a heaps freaky haunt. I think there's something in dreams though. Like, once when I experienced night paralysis it began while I was dreaming. And my whole body was humming with this intense vibration that began when an entity in my dream took my hand. Another time, I dreamed of an entity, similar to what you describe, my whole dream was its presence, and when I woke I could feel and see it in the room... Coincidentally a friend had tod me about the desecration of a sacred Aboriginal site earlier that day. I always wondered if that was connected. My point is, I sense that in our dream state perhaps we are more vulnerable... I wonder whether our astral body is more visible or more open to attack when we sleep...like, as opposed to nightmares being triggered by anxiety. Chicken and egg sitch.
bizzle90 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
Im sorry too that you had these experiences. It does sound like a residual and intelligent haunt of the old building. However this entity must have had a reason to choose you as a target. Are you quite open to the paranormal? If so this could be a reason as myself I'm quite open to paranormal senses and in haunted places I get feelings I can describe like happiness, anger, sadness etc. However the good news is it hasnt followed you home. Anyway all the best and I hope you don't have anything like this happen again:)
tmannnaeem (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
Ghost exists?
Therefore God exists
Study Islam not about muslims because I think most non-muslims are better examples of muslims!
pratekya (29 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
I'm sorry this has happened to you. It sounds terrifying.
I'm not suggesting you join a church or anything, but what I would suggest is that you might want to check out what Jesus in the New Testament of the bible has to say about demons and all of that. Again, I'm not terribly religious myself, but it's worth checking out what Jesus has to say about it.
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
Shadow people aren't always classed as demons. Shadow people can be spirits too. Taking the form of silhouette or a dark being. I agree with both BJJ and H1olily, it could be either, there is no sure way in finding out what it is, the chance of it being a spirit or a demon are both equal.

And as BJJ said, I wish there was someone you could talk to and help you seek help.

- Jake
Zozazoth (5 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
So what was the evil place like? What it just a really evil bad vibe or were there also things you could recognise and describe? I agree with H2olily, it was a demon or they have been called shadow people lately. They really try to scare you on purpose. They shine 'darkness'on you and feed you nasty dreams so that you will be scared - then they seriously feed on your fear. Its cliched but cliches come from somewhere. I have had similar dreams caused by a shadow person. They basically distract you with a freaky scary dream - often with some nasty characters in it -or itself- while the actual shadow person is standing beside your bed sucking energy out of you. They are nasty but they don't kill people (but ok, dead men don't tell tales) they use us more like farm animals. I don't know if they are like religions say or if they are more like a kind of interdimensional alien. I'm sure they were never humans before though. They are not and never were human. If you can control your fear they get bored and leave or don't come as often. They are interesting too! I kind of miss seeing it - but at the same time dont. You can strongly sense their gender they feel strongly male but look of non-descript gender.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
Yup, it was a demon all right... Saying a prayer for you. In my opinion, these kind of events are a wake-up call to begin a spiritual journey... The place you went was a stronghold of spiritual evil, probably...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
Ok, my opinion is that you didn't encounter a demon of any sort, but an intelligent haunt. An intelligent haunt is when a human ghost is aware of and able to interact with its environment. It sounds like there were at least two ghosts there, and it wouldn't seem odd for them to wonder who is this stranger in our home?
I think maybe encountering the paranormal scared the bejeezus out of you (perfectly normal) and that fear is what triggered the nightmares. Also perfectly normal. It sucks that you didn't have anyone at the time you felt you could talk to about it, maybe talking with someone while you were staying at the house would have helped alleviate the fear. But, I'm glad for you that it hasn't happened since.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: