You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: First Ever Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First Ever Paranormal Experience

 

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that this site is the best site ever and that it has given me the courage to publicize my experiences. I would have never been brave enough to tell someone about my paranormal experiences if it wasn't for so many people posting on here. I just want to put this out there: Whatever I'm about to tell you guys is 100% real. Please do not take this as a joke because it is not.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Bjorge. I live in the USA but my home land is Ireland. My parents and I moved to California right after my birth in 1995. For years we lived in horrible conditions as we had not much money to support ourselves. We lived in an old, creaky and broken cottage by a lake. Sounds like a haunted movie scenario huh? But that was our home. I was happy. That was until one night when I was playing on the swing that my dad made for me using a truck tire with a rope, attached to the tree, I heard a loud sound from my house. It was like the sound of utensils falling off the table. I jumped right out of the swing and ran inside. My mom was supposed to be cooking while my dad was out working. It was summer vacation for me. I was about seven at this time.

So as I ran into the kitchen to see what happened, I got the shock of my life. I don't know what it was, I really can't describe it. But it was way over 6 feet tall, thin and a black shadowy figure. I was too much in shock and honestly I don't remember half of it now after thirteen years. But the one thing I clearly remember is my mom on the kitchen floor screaming at me to run away. The shadow seemed to not like my presence so it went away through the kitchen window. After that all the doors, windows and utensils were shaking vigorously. When I told this to my granddad he said maybe the ghost or spirit or whatever it was, was trying to express its frustration or anger that I intruded on its business.

We continued to live in that house for the next two years cause we couldn't afford anything else until we decided that we had had enough. The ghost/spirit would constantly close and open the doors and windows at night. It would rip off my blankets from my body while sleeping, it would break mirrors occasionally, it would break bulbs making us stay up all night with fear in the dark. It would start fires, it would leave the taps running and we would return back to find our entire house flooded. It would tear our clothes, it would make really big holes in our walls and all kinds of nonsense. It did all these things but never once attempted to kill/possess anyone. I don't know what to make of this. But this is 100% real. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I will post more of my paranormal experiences after this one. I have plenty to tell.

If anybody has experienced something like this please let me know!

Thank you for reading this!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Psstitsheragain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Psstitsheragain (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Thank you all for your responses. I looked into the site and found out that a family from Ireland used to live there and that the oldest daughter hung herself because her parents did not approve of her relationship with a muslim man. I also found out that after she hung herself, one by one all her family members began to die. And apparently she hung herself on the tree which my dad tied the tyre-swing to. That is so creepy, isn't it?
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
I have enjoyed reading the heartfelt responses to this experience.

Is your mother still alive, 'Psstitsheragain'? Would she come onto this site and elaborate on this event? I would love to know more. It appeared that she may have attracted the spirit with the initial phase of this event and your presence may have repelled it. Did it focus on a particular family member? Or was it disturbing all of your family?

It is important to discount all rational possibilities when we are confronted by something which may lead us to conclude an event as paranormal, in this situation however I think rational explanations must have been ditched instantly upon seeing this. You'll find a few of your readers have suggested that it was a spirit of some kind attached to the site and that is distinctly plausible given its habitual returning.

Was it most active at night or in the day?

Sounds to me like whatever it was, was very much attached to the building and / or the grounds it was on and was making you all feel unwelcome, or else it wanted to draw attention to the living about its own condition.

Some research into the site would have been a useful way to learn more about the history - of both the building and the surrounds. Check if the previous owner may know something about it, or whoever owns the property.

Could be a connection (a fatality - accident or murder) to do with the lake, you said that this spirit went through the window - what was the direction in which it headed? Where did it come in?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but this may help present a clue or some clues to this fascinating account.

Thanks for sharing.

U.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Wow how scary... Makes me wonder if it was attached to the lake. Perhaps a malevolent water elemental. Maybe the house was built on sacred ground or something. I wonder that because ghosts seem to have a special kind of strength where there's water. And it doesn't sound like a human or residual haunting. Sounds like it had an intelligence and a will of its own. Once, an ex boyfriend of mine lived about a half hour walk from some giant waterfalls. They are a local suicide spot and terrifying after dark. That's another story, but I mention it because we always felt that whatever lived in the falls couldn't cross the last stream. Intuitively. We agreed. In winter the mist grew so dense it was dangerous to drive. One night I woke and I felt it close, outside, in the yard. My theory is that if the mist was thick enough, it could move further than the vicinity of the waterfalls. Water. There's something in it. Just a thought.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
Maybe it doesn't like you guys living there as it might have been its house previously or it was attached to the place. When you moved in you guys sure did some arrangements or organising your stuff according to your preference right? It might get disturbed with all that and then the new guests, ect. My aunt is having the same story to tell (even until this day). My aunt is a baker and she owns a small bakery store in town. My aunt used to bring the leftover cake or pie to her house. She would actually placed them in a tight container and just put it on the kitchen table when she got home. After she was done refreshing herself and went to the kitchen she will find the container on the other side of the kitchen, the lid was opened and the cake or pie was being smashed? She doesn't have any pet and all the windows and doors were closed. Her plates were broken as well but she never heard any loud noise as to explain it. It only happenes if my aunt brings pineapple cake, pie or tart. Happened several times until my aunt stop bringing any pineapple related flavour to her home-kitchen particularly.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
hii, scary 😨 buddy. How you was lived there after happening so much of things? I know your answer but still I want to ask you. 😕
ghostdancer (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
[at] femaelstrom, You make a very good point, We may be intruding the after life as we think they are to us.

This could may well of been Poltergeist with them ripping your clothes and all, But at the time you could have asked a priest to bless your house. Hope this helped 😁
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
I'm trying to I imagine that if I were dead, and I couldn't communicate effectively, how would I react? Would I get so entirely frustrated that I would exhibit the same reactions as your ghost?

Or --in a twist of irony-- do WE appear as a 'ghost' to dead people? As though we're existing in shadow to THEM, as they do to us...?

Food for thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: