You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Paranormal Experiences

 

My family and I have been experiencing possible paranormal activity for as long as I can remember. Let me start by giving you some background information. We currently live in a small town in Oklahoma. We moved here from Tampa, Florida. My family and I have had strange occurrences at both locations. I will start off with our house in Florida.

I would've been around two or three at the time. I do not remember any of the activity. My family has informed me about all of the experiences. So, one morning everyone was coming downstairs for breakfast when my dad noticed some strange smudges on the back door's window pane. When he looked closer he could make out a face, like someone was peering through the door into the house. After trying his hardest to wipe the glass clean, my dad concluded that the smudges would not come off. His theory was correct because when we went downstairs the next morning the face was still there. That is one of the stranger experiences. The next experience occurred when my aunt was with me playing a game in my room. She says she caught a glimpse of what looked to be my mom in a wedding dress walking past the door. My aunt was extremely confused and went downstairs to find my mom in shorts and a t-shirt.

Now on to my current home. We have lived in Oklahoma for about seven years. Most of the activity is minor but I have occurred, in my opinion, major activity. Sometimes I will catch a glimpse of shadows and I have heard footsteps on many occasions. I have also seen my dad's computer turn on by itself and when I have turned it off it will turn back on. The next few experiences are what I consider major activity. On a few restless nights I have heard my little sister mumbling in her sleep, which is normal. But when a child's voice answered her mumbles one night, I became afraid of my sister's room. Every time I walk past her room I feel like something is watching me and I feel like it doesn't want me there. I feel scared for my sister as well. My sister has also told me that she has woken up and seen a tall black figure enter my room. She has woken up on several occasions screaming and crying from horrible nightmares. (That may or may not be linked to the possible activity).

Thank you guys so much for reading over my experiences! I hope you can give me some insight into what I may or may not be dealing with.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dgl7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
PeytonArissa, what do you mean WHEN Oklahoma was lawless? It still is! 😆 I live in Oklahoma.
I agree with you about the spirits may have followed this family or it could be attached to something. It always seem that Oklahoma can have the worst hauntings.
PaigeTheGymast, I think telling it to go back where it came from might not work. It may have came from there. Tell it to leave your house and property, it may not bother you or Any member of your family or friends.
Dgl7, no I have never heard of ignoring a spirit/ghost/demon away. Please don't try to communicate with it using a Ouija board. That backfires! You can even bring more in to you. And if you try to destroy the board then what ever it is, is trapped with You.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
First thing, about your dad's computer. Sometimes because of wirings or EMF it could keep turning itself on.

I don't know what your and your family's believes are but as a Hindu, each time we move into a new place, we have a priest come in and do some prayers and a cleansing.

I was wondering, if you and your family can do a cleansing on the house?

I haven't read the other comments yet but I think someone might have suggested that something followed the family over.
dgl7 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Thank you allesgute154 for keeping me and my family in your prayers, thank you PaigeTheGymnast and PeytonArissa for the advice but I was wondering if just ignoring the entity will help. I've heard this can sometimes anger them but it was just a thought... Thank you guys again. 😊
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Well I am from Tampa Florida and I have had similar experiences even though I am sure that ours aren't linked in anyway. It doesn't seem like these spirits have a wish to hurt you but the one apparently doesn't want you in your sisters room. If you see any spirit that is trying to scare you then pretend as if you are not afraid and tell it firmly that you are not afraid and it can go back to where ever it came from.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
I agree with PeytonArissa. Please try to get some priest/or any member from your religious beliefs to cleanse your house. Also, one of our members, Rookdygin, has a cleansing ritual. It is mentioned on his profile. Hope this helps. Praying for you.
PeytonArissa (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
I am in no way a paranormal expert nor do I consider myself my knowledgable then the average person on the paranormal, but from what I read I would think that possibly if you feel the spirits have followed you they may be attached to a member (s) of the family or maybe even an item that you had at both homes probably something with some history behind it a family heirloom or even a purchased antique. And if you think it's different energy maybe you should research your home and surrounding area some crazy stuff happened in oklahoma when it was lawless. And this has nothing to do with your experience but I'm from Sarasota Florida and moved to enid oklahoma about six years ago. Where do you live in ok and how old are you now? I'm very curious just because we've had a similarity. Lmao;]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: