You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sign Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign Of Death

 

Now, I know some people will think that this is a fake story, but trust me this is real experience. My story begins when I was 9 years old. My grandma was in the hospital. She was dying and was placed in icu unit. This take place in mere hours before she passed away.

I was in my old house. There was me, my grandpa and my maid in the house. Grandpa was in his bedroom, my maid was in the kitchen, and I was in the living room, watching tv. In 8 or 9 pm, I smell something weird. It smells like a flower, the like rose or something. Then, a sratching noise was heard from the attic. Not footsteps, but scratching, like something scratch the attic. There nothing in the attic, it was sealed, and nothing lives there. I quickly run to my grandpa room and call my mother. She said to me to just stay in my grandpa room until she home. My maid denied that she was using any kind of perfumes.

A few hours later, my grandma pased away. My uncle, who is a very tough man, break down to tears. In the morning, a lot of people come. From neighbors, family member, and even my my school teachers and headmaster. My grandma was very well known in my neighbourhood, so they all come, including my friends. I manage to hold my tears and finally cry when I was alone. I initially refuse to see my grandma's body, but my mother finally convince me to look at her. She was buried in her hometown at Sumedang, in the family graveyard, right next to her best friends. After the burial, I asked my mother about my experience. She said that was a tiger, that come to tell me about her impending death. She tell me that my grandma was a very very distant descendant of the king of Sumedanglarang. I doubt it, but that really make me curious. When I asked my other grandma (I have a total of 9,6 still alive and well), they all say the same thing. That was really weird. And my grandma come to my dreams 4 times. Two of them is just a fleeting sight. One is nonsensical, and the other one is very touching.

Other hauntings by fauzi17

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fauzi17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
FAUZI - that's a very touching story, and thank you for sharing it with us. I am sorry about your loss. I can't wait to hear about the very touching dream you had of her, if you wish to share with us once again 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Hi fauzi. I believe that loved ones can and do visit from time to time after their passing, and think it's sweet that your grandmother has chosen to communicate with you through dreams. She must love you very much.
I don't know anything about the history or culture of Indonesia, so I have to ask. Is the tiger associated with the king your grandmother was descended from? I'm sorry if that's a silly question, but I wondered if Tiger is a guardian of sorts to members of the bloodline.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences here. Both of your stories are fascinating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: