You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Stepdad's Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

My Stepdad's Grandmother

 

This event happen when I was 12 years old. My stepdad's grandmother had passed away. It had been about month when she came to me one night. I was asleep one night when I felt a cold chill. When I woke up she was floating by my bedroom door in the same dress she was buried in. I was so scared I just put the covers over my head until I could not feel her presence and when I looked again she was gone.

Then the next night she came to me again but this time she came to the side of my bed. She was standing right beside me when I woke up, then she touched me on my arm. When she touched me it felt like an out of body experience. I could not breath or talk. I imagine that is how death feels.

The only way I could communicate with her was through my thoughts. In my mind I was saying "please leave me alone" and as soon as I started thinking that she left me alone. It was like she just wanted to make sure I was ok, she did not want harm or scare me. As soon as she left me I could breathe and talk again. When I told my parents about it they said she was just checking on me and that I should not be scared. She never came back after that night.

This is separate event but I think it was her. I was at home after school. I always got home before everybody so I was watching TV in the living room when I heard my parents' bedroom door opening slowly. So I turned the TV down and the door was creeping open. We stayed in an apartment so when you walk in the door to the bedroom is to left and the living room is to the right. When the door started opening, I did not even go down the hall to see what or who it was, I just ran out the door to my neighbor's apartment. That was the last encounter I had with her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ranota89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
ranota89 - that's very sweet of her to come see you, you two must have been close, or at least she must have felt that way. Reminds me of my mom. When she first passed I was terrified I would see her and I did. Even though I saw her a few times, I was very young so I dismissed them as dreams. I was always afraid she would pop out of nowhere so I would ask her not to. I regret it as it's very hard for me to keep in contact with her now. I try hard to dream of her but it's been years. Thanks for your story. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: