You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Can't Explain Why

Real Ghost Stories

I Can't Explain Why

 

I presently am 80 years old. This all started approximately 15 yeas ago. I was a massage therapist working for my daughter at her salon in Cathedral City, CA. Her salon was located on Indian property (if the following had any thing to do with this). All the following occurrences that took place did not register with me until the final one.

For several weeks some of the girls at the salon were telling me I was not blowing my candle out before I left work. Several mornings when I showed up for work the candles were used up (did not give this a second thought). One day during one of my massages a large container fell off the shelf for no apparent reason. I did think this was very odd at the time. Several days later during one of my massages I thought a "hummingbird" was right next to my right ear. I was very startled by this and stopped and looked around. It went away so I went back to my massage thinking it was my ear acting up. Then it started on my left ear and stopped. Could not explain what happened. I figured it was my ears.

Several weeks later the wife and I took our motor home to Pebble Beach, CA. On the way up there she accused me of leaving some of the cabinet doors open. I told her, "It was not me." Did not give that much thought.

The next morning around 7:30am I got into my truck (which we towed up there) and drove into the town Beano to the ATM machine. It was a very chilly morning so I wore my jacket. I had all my windows rolled up because it was cold. When I got done with the ATM I got back into my truck and started to pull away and felt a cold draft. I looked at my passenger window and it was rolled all the way down. They are not electrical windows. I was very startled by this and pulled over and stopped. I gave this a lot of thought.

All the previous occurrences started to pop into my head. I rolled up my window and yelled, "Get out of my truck and go back to wherever you came from." I was never bothered again. I have no answer for what happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dino123456, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Hello dino123456, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I also had the same thought as others if the window was down before went to ATM. If not, then definitely I feel that something was trying to catch your attention. I don't know for what. But since you dealt with it, it just didn't pursue further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RaggedClaws (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Did you happen to notice whether the window was down before you started to pull away from the ATM? My only concern would be that someone might have tried breaking into your car while your back was turned. It certainly does seem like you have had some strange occurrences, but like Argette said there is a chance they might have more commonplace explanations.

Either way thank you for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Dino1...6: this is a very interesting story.
It seems to me that someone was just trying to get your attention. Do you remember if a member of your family or a friend passed away around that time? Perhaps saying to "go wherever you came from" was a way to tell him/her goodbye.
Since this happened 15 years ago, my guess is that whatever it was is not going to bother you again.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Curious incidents. Could be happenstance - or not.

Usually when those things happen to me, I assume I hit the button on my car by mistake, or forgot something. Maybe I should not be so quick to dismiss these occurrences...

At any rate, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: