You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Attacked My Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Something Attacked My Baby

 

Back in 1992 when my daughter was only about 7 months old I had a very scary experience that to this day has left me with many questions. I mentioned in my previous story that I have am very sensitive to spirits; I can sense when they are in a home and also if they are evil or good. From the moment that we moved into the old home that we were living in, I knew that there was something not right about it. It felt very negative and depressing. I did not like anything about that house but my boyfriend told me that I felt that way because it was an old house. He never believed in any of my paranormal experiences because he had never in his life seen or heard anything so I just left it at that.

One night I was having a very strange dream (As I was having this dream, I knew that I was dreaming and that it was suppose to have some kind of meaning as I have had this happen since I was a child) In this dream there was nothing but darkness. There was no floor, no ceiling-nothing just black. All of a sudden, I begin to see a figure of a man dressed in a white robe who seems to be extending his arms downward as if though he is looking down at something or someone in front of him. I could only see him from his neck down and he is facing to his left. At that moment I think to myself that I am seeing Jesus and when I turn to see what or who he is looking at I see the devil on his knees looking up at him. I was very confused and ask myself in my dream "why would the devil be kneeling in front of Jesus as if though he were asking for forgiveness?" As soon as this thought runs through my head in my dream, the devil, or whatever it was turns quickly to look at me and smiles-it was a very evil smile. Then at that moment, I wake up to the most horrifying scream that I had never heard my baby make.

I was laying on my right side and as soon as I woke up to her scream I felt a very cold gush of air run by my left ear so hard and so fast that I knew that there was something in the room. The window was closed as it was winter so it could not have been the wind. My daughter was screaming and crying like someone was physically hurting her so I jumped out of bed, turned on the light and ran to her crib. She looked almost purple from how hard she was crying. I picked her up and as soon as she calmed down I put her down to check her diaper.

When I took her pajamas off, I noticed that her socks were soak and wet. I thought that maybe she wet her diaper too much that it was leaking but when I checked it, it was completely dry. I was confused about it so I check her crib to see if maybe I had left a bottle that could have been dripping or something but there were not bottles and everything was dry. Her pajamas were also completely dry. It was only her socks that were so wet that when I wrung them, a lot of water dripped out of them. Her feet were so wrinkly that it seemed like they had been wet for a while.

I don't know if my dream had any connection to what happened to my baby but to this day I wonder what was in that room that night and what it wanted with my child. I had always thought that evil things stayed away from babies. My daughter is 23 years old now and she is much more sensitive than I am so I don't know if maybe that had anything to do with what happened?

I have read many stories in this website hoping to find something similar to this experience that I had with my daughter and maybe get an idea as to what happened but I have not found one yet. I would really like to know what happened that night. Please feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by leticialopez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leticialopez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Violet-Tartan (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-08-05)
Wow. This one was really terrifying. Thank you so much for sharing. I am also here in Oregon
peggy_tom (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
well due to your daughter having wet feet she can sometimes either wake up from a dream or either sometimes sense the presence of a ghost because sometimes babies can sense the presence of either good or evil ghost but for this one it seems bad please my advice to you is to ask a neighbour who has lived in the neighbourhood for a long time and has know what has happened in that house or maybe the ghost likes to soak babies feet in water or maybe the ghost had hot water in its hand and the baby must have felt it.
mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
I agree with Fergie, that event was not necessarily meant to be traumatic. It really might have been some sort of sign about her future as a sensitive or a spirit trying to communicate, and for some reason choosing to interact with your baby. That gush of wind is, so I have heard, common when spirits are around and probably signaled it was leaving.

PS: I am not a native english speaker, so I may not be able to convey my meanings precisely. Wish good to you all.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
No worries Rook, 😊 I didn't notice any train smash. Thank you for the vote of confidence though, even if it miss-fired. No need to apologize.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Fergie,

That was supposed to be a +1. This mini IPad can do many things but a positive vote has yet to be achieved...lol

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
If she is really interested there are any number of books that can start her on the path of understanding... Many are produced by Llewelyn Worldwide. They publish books concerningTarot, New Age, Pagan, Health, Astral Travel, Candle Burning Rituals...ect...

The point is many of these books are for the beginner. I learned the basics of Tarot, Astral Travel and to this day still use some of the Candle Burning Rituals from books they published. There are others to be sure but in my experience Llewelyn has produced some of the best... Just my opinion though. She can also check for classes being given at a local metaphysical store...It's really all up to her.

Thanks for sharing, hope our advise helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Hi Leticia,

Even though this was a traumatic event for both your baby and you, I somehow feel that it was not meant to be. I get the impression that it was meant to be more of a 'christening'. Please don't 'shoot' me for my opinion 😉 My gut tells me it wasn't an 'attack'!

Having had three children myself, I know that babies can let out the most horrific yells when they encounter anything abnormal, or get a fright. I think this may have been the case, and you, naturally, got your back up.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
leticialopez (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Thank you for your comments everyone! The devil in my dream looked like the typical stereotype. That was the only time that something like this happened to her. I know for sure that my daughter has some kind of ability; however she has never learned how to use it. When she touches a personal belonging of someone she will feel their energies, whether they are positive or negative, she will also see numbers and letters but she doesn't know what all this means. She also sees everyone's aura colors and in many cases she has predicted when something major will happen in the family. She doesn't know what it is, she will only know if it will be bad or good. Sometimes I wish she could learn how to use this ability so that she could help people
WildStallionDHSGahanna (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Very frightening... Seems legitimate and I believe you. It is interesting to see a story out there that nearly has a relationship with Christianity and the Christian devil. What has your daughter experienced in regards to this experience?
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Nice story but very creepy, thank god your daughter didn't get hurt.

-ERizzy
KaitlynAW (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Maybe entities know that you are able to sense them and want to make themselves known. An entity could be attached to your family.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Hi, Nice story, Its really amazing that how can only particular part is wet. I never heard something like that. Thanks for sharing with us. 😁
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Interesting story. Could you describe the devil/demon thing or was it just the stereotypical description? Also could the socks have been covered in sweat? Or possibly saliva because I do know babies like to put there feet in their mouths and also drool excessively while teething. Thanks for sharing your experience.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
alternateaman, click on the link at the top of the page that says "submit your story." That's it.
alternateaman (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
please guys tell me how I can put up my own story on this site because I'm not able to find the option?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
I am totally puzzled by this one, but I recall reading other incidents on this site about unexplained water spots and puddles in rooms.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can explain it. I think Letum might be on to something.

Anyway, thanks for posting.
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
Hello Leticia... Wow enjoyed your story! I can relate to dreams and feelings of places and things. I cannot say for sure on the dream and the scary experiences you had that one night with your baby girl, but there could be a relation to You being psychic and and your bond with your child. In dreams, so I've read and been told, shows us what we need to see. I'm glad your daughter and yourself were able to recover from that experience!, having posted she too is a sensitive that dream could've been a message from your guardian angel, the one in white, to warm you and *evil* the one kneeling in your dream, is realm hence be aware?...I'm just posting my interpretation here. As for *what* might've been in the room that rushed past your ear could've been another warning to wake you up and check on your baby...? I think that's very possible. Are you still living in that same house? And have you taken any kind of steps to protect yourself and your daughter since that incident? I'm curious to know since I too have adult children and taken steps when they were born to protect them from things I prefer them Not to experience, if at all possible, that I have. Anxious to hear more, smiles...TC...Peace...Letum*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: