You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Need Help, I'm Getting Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Need Help, I'm Getting Scared

 

A few years ago me and my family moved into an old house. Everything was fine until we redid the back section. I started noticing, especially when I was alone, footsteps and quiet knocking. I am 13 and live with my parents and two sisters.

My room is the coldest in the house ever since I moved in to the room. When my parents slept in there it was warm. I am fairly certain the original owners are dead.

When I listen to music in my room the music starts and stops and my things move around my room. My room used to be the master bedroom, if that helps.

Every Wednesday I am left alone for around half a hour and that is when I hear the most footsteps. Water from the shower just goes off when no one is in there and my shower water changes temperature when I am in there. Also my littlest sister's toys go off randomly a lot (she is 2).

I hear my name being called in my house and outside of my house as well, most days. I have felt as if someone was sitting beside me, but I felt calm. I sort of feel like I am being looked after? At first I thought it might be my grandfather or something, but it feels more like a person my age.

I think I have seen figures in my mirrors or the TV but I am not 100% sure. They change shapes, mostly it is like a fuzzy rectangle with a oval on top, it disappears after around five seconds. I have woken up in the night to my door opening and I am a really deep sleeper.

Once or twice I have felt like some one was holding me when I am falling asleep. Again I feel safe or protected, but I don't like it, it scares me.

I would love to know what is going on, I am a little scared. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SummerinCali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Overloadkay101 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-12)
SummerinCali,
Tell someone. Your parents, your sisters, your/a priest. You need help. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone. Exspecialy if this thing is touching you. The good thing about this situation is that you don't feel threatend. The feeling scared part is that "not knowing" paranoia taking affect. But since you do feel scared you need to notify your loved ones. They could help. I hope the best for you.
Kay
Deanwinchester (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-12)
If you ever feel like something is in you're house and it wants to hurt you then get salt and place a circle of salt around you and make sure there are no breaks in the circle. I know it sounds silly. If anything serious happens I think you should get you're house blessed by a priest. If there is something in you're house then take salt and put it in all the doorways and windowsills, any entrances. Please do, it sounds silly but this could get serious.
foxstrod (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hey. As I read your case and the advise given both by badjuju and nick. I go with both of them. Why? I'll explain. Many of the paranormal incidents that we think happen, doesn't happen at all. They are just our minds playing games with us. So, as nick said, sound matrixing and audio hallucinations happen most of the time. Try thinking and reasoning in a scientific way. BUT, I'm not also denying the possibility ofyour experience being totally wrong. And there's where I support badjuju. Many times places that are not attended for a long period of time becomes a residing place for unharmful entities or ghosts. These when gets renovated or something awakens these entities resulting in some low level paranormal activities to take place. These stop as the time passes by but as you said and others suggested try telling it that it is bothering you. How will you do that? Just when you get scared from that entity try saying out loud whatever you feel telling it. I'm most probably hoping that this will stop then. Please update as you can
vasway4210 (16 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I wanted to comment on something Nickideums brought up about sound matrixing: Yes, this can happen, especially if there is any white noise involved, such as a fan or air conditioning. For the longest time I kept swearing I was hearing music at night in my bedroom, as well as whispering sometimes. It turns out that this was occurring because of the fan in my room. When we hear white noise our brain tries to interpret it/ make sense of it and therefore we sometimes hear sounds, such as voices or music that are not really there.
And audio hallucinations can also occur when drifting off to sleep or while waking up. In fact it happened to me last night. I had just woken up from a dream and heard 2 men talking while turning a door knob. Of course I went to go check it out but there was no one in my house. It's weird that I hallucinated that though because it didn't tie into my dream at all.
SummerinCali, maybe this isn't what is going on in your case, but it is something to consider, to rule out the mundane before considering the paranormal. I think BadJuJu and everyone else has given you good advice: If there is an entity, he or she seems harmless; but since this is scaring you, you should do what was suggested and simply ask the entity to please leave you alone as it is frightening you.
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
A good rule of thumb is to try and disprove hauntings by looking for non-paranormal explanations, especially if you are scared. We tend to blow things up in our minds when we are afraid and if you believe you are being haunted you may attrubute things to the haunting that are much more mundane. Looking for normal explanations may help calm you down.

That said, I believe that hauntings DO happen. In your case though, I'm not sure why you are afraid if you feel like the presence is looking after you?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi SummerinCali, as elnoraemily said, the pipes issue might be because they might be bad. But as far as the other things that you discussed are concerned, I am with BJJ. Generally, if an old house is remodelled, there is a chance of dormant spirits to become active. But as BJJ advised, why don't you just try to speak to it and say that you acknowledge its presence and that you don't want to be startled or surprised because it is making its presence known to you. You can also ask it to respect your privacy. It will work because I don't think that whatever you stated in your narrative points to a malevolent or harmful spirit.

Keep us informed of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Since its an old house a lot of things can be explained the shower pipes could be bad, and what Nickideums said the radio could have bad reception.

-ERizzy
Nickideums (8 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I am also really curious why you seem to be "fairly sure" that the other owners are dead. That's a pretty bold statement to make without any sort of valid evidence.

The radio is another issue altogether. It could be a bad reception or faulty electronics or even a loose plug outlet.
Nickideums (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
A lot of these things can be easily explained. You already said the house was fairly old. Older houses may suffer from structural problems, or even settling of the house, which can lead to creaking and groaning, it can sound like just about anything.

Older houses can also suffer from plumbing and heating issues. Low water pressure or even inconsistent water heating isn't something uncommon when it comes to old plumbing or water heaters.

All of this stuff also applies to the rest of the house, such as heating. Although, honestly, in my experience older houses tend to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Seeing stuff out of the corner of your eyes or in reflective surfaces such as mirrors can be incredibly misleading as these kinds of surfaces can be prone to corrosion, leaving blotches, which can result in something called "image matrixing" in which your mind associates a known image with a pattern.

More importantly it's important to remember you don't see with your eyes, they only relay information that is sent to your brain for processing. That is why so many optical illusions work, your brain processes data and then can compensate or alter information based on what or how it processes it.

Long story short, your vision can be unreliable.

As for hearing things, I think that depends on the situation. If you were sleeping or falling asleep, you may have been dreaming. It's not unheard of to have audio halluations. It could happen while your are awake too, I also believe there is something like sound matrixing as well.

It also doesn't help that from how you wrote, it appears you do believe you are being haunted and as a direct result everything could be blown out of proportion or assumed to be paranormal.

The first thing you need to do is calm down and start disproving things that happen. If you are in doubt it's paranormal, it's very likely it is in fact not paranormal.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Elnoraemily brings up a good point concerning the shower, there could easily be a mundane explanation.
It's interesting that you say the activity started after a remodel. Remodeling can wake up ghosts that were there, but dormant. They sometimes make themselves known after a remodel but will usually quiet back down in time. Whoever is sharing the house with you doesn't seem malicious, so I would recommend just talking to it and letting it know it's making you uncomfortable. State what's bothering you, ask for it to stop. Alot of times the neutral or benevolent entities will stop being a pest once they realize they are bothering the living.
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
The shower issue could be bad pipes that can't handle their pressure (also if it's not thermostatic, the shower will be able to randomly change temps).

What sort of things move in your room? Is the music cutting out or is the radio being turned off?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: