You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Lady With The Red Lips

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady With The Red Lips

 

When I was 14 years old, I always had a recurring dream at night. The dream lasted over a time frame of about a year. In my dream, I would see the picture of a young woman (whom I did not know). She was pale, with long black hair, dark brown eyes, and bright red lips. In my dream, I saw her as a picture frame, while everything around the picture was surrounded with bluish light.

Every time I dreamt of her, my dream would be accompanied by eerie organ music (the best way I can describe it). I remember being terrified of sleeping. I did not want to see the lady in my dreams. Since I dreamt of her every night, she terrified me. I did not tell my parents because I knew they would just dismiss my dream as something unworthy to worry about.

After about a year, I stopped dreaming about her. The dreams ended suddenly. Just as suddenly as they had started.

Several weeks after my dreams of the woman had ended, I remember being home with my parents, while I watched the news in Spanish. My family and I were watching Univision, and a report came on about a young woman being murdered.

I do not recall the exact details of the story, but I do recall the image that was brought on screen. It was the woman I had been dreaming about for the past year! At the time that I saw the picture on the TV, I remember my eyes widening, and my body clamming up. I was horrified. I immediately wondered if my dreams were warning me about the upcoming death of this young woman. I felt confused. Should I have done something about it?

I am now 24, and I wonder at times if I should have acted on my dream? I know that I have no connection to her whatsover, and to this day, I do not know why the dream came to me. I have more questions than answers. Any insight would help.

Other hauntings by cfelix1422

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cfelix1422, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Clark491 (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
cfelix1422 If you're reading this I need to speak with you immediately. Please email me when you see this at jakobclark [at] sbcglobal.net
cfelix1422 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the input. I really appreciate it. And just to clear up a few things:

Yes, I normally forget my dreams. However, it was strange how I used to dream about the same thing everyday. After it happens everyday, it is hard to forget it after waking up. Especially because it was very detailed. VERY detailed. After I saw it on tv, the dreams stopped. It was very weird. I just cannot understand how my mind came up with the image, and how all of a sudden, it stopped. Especially after seeing it on tv. Whether it is paranormal or not, I am unsure. But like I said, thank you all for providing different perspectives. Gives me some peace of mind.
foxstrod (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hey Felix, as per how you are stating this dream of yours. I'm not gettingany kind of paranormal involvement here. Many people do get these visions of the future, or of the incidents that are goin to happen through dreams. But whether or not you can act on them totally depends on what are you seeing or experiencing each day in your dreams. As you said you just saw the picture, there was little or nothing that you could've done to save her. I also adore the idea given by the fellow commentators who advised you to maintain a journal if you are experiencing it frequently. That can also help you. Anyways thank you for posting. Cheers.
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I remember reading a similar story on this site about a woman using a wigi board (I know that spelling is wrong but I don't know how to spell it) and receiving a message from a girl who was drowning. I don't remember the name of the poster or the of the post itself, but maybe some of the other useres will?

I don't think you can blame yourself for the womans death, you said you did not know her and therefore had no way of contacting or warnig her, and even if you did, you dream doesn't sound like it gave any indication of what was going to happen.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi cfelix1422, Miracles, Val and Revajane have given some good advise to you. Try to maintain a journal. But as Val and Miracles said, you just can't do anything about it and I don't think you can assume the responsibility of what had happened to that woman. But, there are certain questions we could never answer. Why such a person, who is not related to you at all, should come in your dream for over a year and why her photo should be shown on television of having been murdered. And there was no clue to you in your dreams that she was going to be murdered.

Thanks for sharing this experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi cfelix1422, if I am totally honest, I am kind of in agreement with Nickideums here. My first thoughts are that you dreamt of this girl with the red lips, clearly it freaked you out. I think your mind would only have had a blurry recollection of it, and the blanks could have been filled in when you saw the news, almost like it made it fit.

Please don't misunderstand me, I have no experience in dream premonitions, so I am in no way able to comment of their validity, and I don't see why they can't be real, people believe in stranger things. This is just my initial thoughts.

Thanks for posting 😊
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
That's pretty weird. But I have sort of the same experiences. Sometimes I would dream about random people then later on, maybe a year after, I get to know that/those people. This happened thrice already and I must say, I believe that whoever we meet, they're all part of a bigger plan for us. 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi, Very strange story... I have read the similar experience of one of our member on this site. But I am not able to recollect the title. By the way... I want to ask the same question of ERizzy...
One more... Did you ever seen that lady in your dreams again after watching on the TV?
Looking forward your reply...
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
cfelix,
If you're interested in keeping a dream journal, I'd suggest keeping it by your bed, so that you can jot your dream down as soon as you wake up. The ones you don't recall probably are of no consequence, but I can't guarantee that. For myself, my prophetic dreams are quite a different flavor, shall we say, then my ordinary ones. They also remain crystal clear after I wake.
I don't think you were meant to actually do anything with the dream you had. If you think about it logically, it really didn't give you any information to act upon. I'm going to go way out in left field with this: perhaps the reason for it was simply to awaken you to paying attention to dreams, and not just shrug them off as a coincidence of some sort. That's not saying that every dream will mean something forth coming, but be aware.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Nickideums - I believe you misunderstood me. It doesn't matter whether or not you take me seriously. I was just stating facts 😆
Nickideums (8 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Oh, I see the logic here. Yours are real and so you know the writers are real too? Get a grip.

Yes, people will remember different dreams in different ways. But I don't believe anyone has photo perfect memory of any of their dreams. Just what they think is real.

You dream every single night? Good job, so do most animals and humans, they just don't recall a vast majority of them. If you wanted me to take you seriously, suggesting you recall every dream you ever had was a poor start.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Nickideums - having spent too much time trying to convince people in my life that I do see and hear ghosts, as well as dream things that come true, I don't feel the need or have the desire to try and convince you of anything. And no one else should feel like they should try and explain themselves to you, or convince you that their experience is/was real.

If you don't believe cfelix's dream was prophetic, that's your opinion. But, based solely on my dreams, I can tell when they are prophetic. I dream every night and I remember my dreams. They're not hazy at all. And not all of them are prophetic either. Most of them aren't.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
cfelix1422,

The story is unique to me. But a few question. Was she murdered near your location? Do you recognize her at all? And do you kbow if your sensitive to the paranormal?

-ERizzy
Nickideums (8 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Strictly a coincidence, weird dreams are no strong indicator of paranormal activity. Further, most people don't recall a majority of their dreams or details become hazy. I think you just associated that woman's picture with your dreams.
cfelix1422 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful feedback. I actually have never had a dream like that of the lady with the red lips since then. At least nothing that has occurred every night. I would rather keep it that way since it is very frightening. Especially when one dreams the same thing over and over again. Now that I am older, I actually do not remember most of my dreams.

When I was younger, I used to be very tuned in with everything around me. Not only would I have strange dreams, but I would also see strange things that I could not explain.

Revajane, writing stuff down seems like a good idea. I never thought to do that. Like I said, I mostly do not remember anything I dream of anymore. Sometimes I do for the first few minutes I wake up, but then my mind goes blank.

I mostly go off gut feelings know. Although recently, my father also mentioned to me a dream that he had that also ended up occurring. Because he listened to his dream, he actually ended up saving his own life!

Again, thank you everyone for all your feedback.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
This is not something you can blame yourself for, at all.

If you believe it's the same woman, the chances of you actually finding her when she was alive are incredibly slim- especially if all you saw was her and light.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Revajane - thanks for telling cfelix that. It's something I almost always tell our members in situations like this, but this time forgot. And it's also something I've been doing since 2002. I have a novel now 😆 And yes, it truly does help.

Sometimes my premonitions don't happen for a day, a couple of weeks, or a month. A couple have taken a year. But they always do. There is no timeline where mine are concerned. They happen when they are supposed to, how they are supposed to. Ah, but this isn't about me 😆
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
When you have dreams like this you should write them down along with the date. There may be clues in those dreams that can solve a mystery. This would be one way to help you develop what is apparently an emerging talent. Not all dreams are meant for action but to inform.

[at] Miracles51031 Writing the dreams down may help you make sense of all you have been going through as well.

FYI: having them in writing can also be a way of letting them go without actually letting the message go even if the message is hidden. If meant to be found it will be.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
cfelix1422 - I've been battling with that same question myself. Why am I having prophetic dreams if there is nothing I can do about them? I've not reached a satisfying conclusion. I don't know that there is an answer, at least not one that we may know yet. And maybe it's different for each of us.

Is this the only dream you've had like this? I don't have a particular reason for asking, just curiosity mainly.

You said maybe you should have acted on your dreams. I know you've probably spent the past 10 years thinking of different scenarios, but honestly, I don't think there is anything you could have done, or anyway you could have known she was going to die. I don't think the dreams were given to you, especially at 14, to save her life. If they were, her story would have ended differently.

This is something you can't assume responsibility for ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: