You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Moving Baby?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Moving Baby?

 

So this isn't a story of mine personally. I've never really had my own encounter with the supernatural, and honestly, I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or not. No, this story actually includes my Girlfriend.

When she was about 10 or 11 years old, she and her family (Dad, Step mom, Step Sister) moved into an old Town House. After living there for about a year, weird things started happening. Tamara's (my girlfriend) step mom had just given birth to her new sister about 2 months prior.

Her step mom would put Tamara's sister in her crib for naps. The first time this ever happened, everyone heard noises coming from her room, so thinking that the baby was awake, and my girlfriend's step mom went to grab her. She wasn't in her crib.

Instead, the baby had somehow found her way onto her Mother's bed, sound asleep. Now remember, she was 2 months old, not even able to stand yet. This happened multiple times, for a month straight, before finally stopping. This isn't the only thing they experienced in the house.

Tamara claims to have been pushed down the stairs three times while living there, and claims to have seen someone walk past her bedroom, and when she would ask if anyone had walked past her room that night, she was always told no.

Just a little curious to what could have been in that townhouse? I've never heard of a spirit able to lift a baby before. It never hurt the children, only my girlfriend, and only by pushing her down the stairs. Very curious, very interested. Any input would be awesome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HeartlessAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
I just wondered if there were cameras set up at the time that this happened to all the members here, I wonder if it still would happen. Would you actually see the baby floating or the screen would go blurring out and then find the baby somewhere else. Fascinating... And scary
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hi HeartlessAngel. It happened to me as well. Lol. My daughter was 5 or 6 months that time. She was also moved from crib to our bed. It freaked me out! But in my experience I know/believe it was my mother in law who had passed away 2 months prior to that experience.
😁

Keep safe. ❤
mary123 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
i just want to give my opinion on this story. Well it sounds like to me that maybe many years ago a family lived there and their baby died. Maybe its the spirt of the babys mom that was actuly looking after the baby thinking it was her own. Just my opinio
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hi, Heartlessangel... Informative story... I am agree with the other posters here. Sometimes entity saves the little child from any harm... 😁
L_22 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
This happened to my brother when he was young around 4months old we found him under My father and mother bedroom. He saves my brother because in the morning we find out that there's a burgler in side our house after watching our CCTV
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
HeartlessAngel - thanks for responding 😊 Your girlfriend's stepmom had a twin brother who died... So terribly sad 😢 If I had to take a guess (nothing scientific or spiritually related, just a guess) I would be inclined to think the twin was doing it. Just my opinion, though.

Again, thank you for taking time to answer my question. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Fascinating!

I agree with Miracles, completely on this one.

Thank you very much for sharing and best wishes to you!
HeartlessAngel (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
-Miracle51031 and ParanormalGuide123 thank you for the responses! According to my Girlfriend, the sounds they heard were almost as if the crib was moving, nothing coming from the baby itself.

As for a death in the family, my girlfriends step mom apparently was supposed to have a twin brother who died before being born. Not sure if that could be connected, but I thought I'd put it in anyway.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
ParanormalGuide - I was with you up until your last statement. Just because most of us don't claim to be paranormal investigators doesn't mean we don't have good advice. It also doesn't mean, because you are a paranormal investigator, that your advice is better than anyone/everyone else's.

There are a lot of members of this site who offer valuable insight. Don't belittle them and/or their advice. And no, I didn't take this personally. I'm speaking for everyone.

This comment from ParanormalGuide123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
HeartlessAngel - I can't tell you what may have been in your girlfriend's family's townhouse, but I can tell you I personally have experienced the baby being moved out of the crib. I won't lie, it kind of freaked me out LOL. This has happened to me two different times; two different homes and two different babies.

I don't know that the spirits who move the babies intend to scare the crap out of us when they do it, but it does. I also think, in some cases at least, they might think they are being helpful when they do it.

With your girlfriend's experience being shared by you, and you not having experienced it firsthand, there are questions I have that maybe you can't answer. But if you can check with your girlfriend and ask her if she remembers if the sounds they heard may have been the baby stirring or crying. I'm not suggesting this didn't happen. I believe it did. I'm just curious, based on my experiences.

And, to me, it sounds as if the spirit may have been jealous, or resentful maybe, of your girlfriend considering it only acted out with her. Do you know if anyone, young (ish), died in your girlfriend's stepmom's family?

Thanks for sharing this with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: