You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted Since Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Since Childhood

 

I have had many encounters with ghosts since I was a small child. My parents joke that they follow me wherever I go, I can't help but wonder if that may be true? Since there is so many, I will tell the most significant.

The first time I ever saw a ghost I was about 6 or 7 years old. There used to be a man, dressed all in black, wearing a long black coat and a black hat kind of pulled down so I couldn't see his face and he used to stand at the end of my bed or beside my bed. Naturally this terrified me as a child and I was afraid to go to sleep in my bed.

In the same house, I could see the bathroom from my bed in my room. I watched one night, the door to the bathroom was closed and I saw the shadow of a small child slip right in the crack of the door and disappear. I can't help but wonder if this is the same child who used to draw smiley faces on the wall inside the closet in my room.

Fast forward a few years, a new house. I would often wake up at night to find a girl floating above my bed. She looked beaten; she had long dark hair and was wearing a long old fashioned nightgown. The radio would turn on in the basement by itself and strange noises would happen. Now I'm not the only one who saw this girl, my mom watched the shadow of her cross the living room and disappear once she hit the light in the dining room. Also my best friend saw her sitting on the edge of the bath tub in our bathroom. I eventually became so scared to sleep at night that I slept with the lights on and eventually switched rooms. Once I switched rooms, I never saw her in my room again; I could just feel her once in a while around the house.

Fast forward a few more years, I now have a child of my own, approximately 3 years old. We moved into a house where we found out later a man had died of a heart attack. I can always feel something watching me, especially in the master bedroom. Pictures fall off the walls by themselves and doors shut for no reason.

One afternoon, I'm upstairs cleaning and my son is playing in the basement. I hear the door slam in the basement and my son crying. I run downstairs to find him cowered in the corner in the dark crying. He says he was going to the bathroom when the door slammed and the lights went out and a black man came through the wall. He only played down there once after that and I found him hiding under the stairs, afraid to come out.

Same house, we are sitting in the living room at night watching movies, my son turns to me and says, Mom who's that man in the kitchen? I look and see nothing. We moved shortly after that.

Today we live in a house where there is footsteps walking around upstairs and knocking on the closet doors. My husband has woken up to someone clicking their tongue at the side of the bed. I have walked in on my four year old talking to the closet door and saying he\'s talking to his friend. I turned to walk out of the room and someone has very distinctly knocked on the closet door from the inside. So are ghosts attracted to me and this is something I have passed on to my children? Or have I had the same ghosts following me house to house if that's even possible?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, noailuli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Oh my god! I swear to god I would've freaked out crazy by now! Especially at the floating beaten girl... I agree with madgurlee- you are extremely brave... And like BJJ said, please get your place cleansed. You seem to attract too many spirits. Thanks for the story:)
Madgurlee (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
My word I think id go insane if all that happened to me! Lol brave. Goof luck with it all.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Ok, I woke up way too early and the coffee hasn't kicked in, so I hope I make sense.
Ghosts can sometimes follow the living but I don't believe that's what you're experiencing. The activity you've described differs so much from house to house that it just doesn't seem plausible that it's the same entity. My honest opinion is that you've had incredibly bad luck in houses. It's possible that there is some sensitivity to the paranormal as well.
Sensitivity can run in families, but kids tend to be more open to the paranormal than adults to begin with, and usually grow out of it. Basements can be creepy places, and with a kid's vivid imagination even more so. I would take the basement experiences with a grain of salt.
Since you do seem to move into active house after active house, it would probably be a good idea to learn a basic home cleansing and use it regularly. Sage smoke is my go to method, but look to your belief system first and see if there's anything there that resonates with you. If not, there are about a bajillion different ways to cleanse a home, and with a little research something will click for you. Nothing in your current house sounds malevolent, so be calm and take your time in looking into cleansings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: