You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Thought It Was My Mom

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought It Was My Mom

 

This is my first time ever posting on YGS ever. So I'm trying to write the story up just as I remember it happening to the best of my abilities. Thank you for reading my story!

This took place a while ago before my baby nephew, who will be turning 2 in November, was born.

To give you a short description of the layout of my room, my bed at the time was positioned up against the wall where the door is and I sleep with my head on the opposite side. My TV is on my dresser and is about eyesight level when you stand up, it's an old thing too. The button is wonky and if you use it to turn it on or off most of the times it'll do the opposite a few seconds afterwards, scaring the crap out of you. Not paranormal just annoying. So I have a control to turn it off and on. On the wall opposite my bed is the door to the attic.

Yes, I have the attic door in my room. My grandma lives up there though and it's not scary to me as it used to be when I was younger. I've grown used to it being there over the years.

Anyways I sleep with the TV on for back light or background noise and my mom has made it a habit of turning it off at night when she uses the bathroom. I always wake up on time to tell her to turn it back on though.

This night I woke up and it was either 3 or 4 in the morning and my TV gets turned off. I start to get ready to say to my mom to turn it back on when the figure that I thought was my mom, rushes out of my room. It was there one second and then gone.

It was as dark as the rest of the room was when the TV was off and its silhouette was similar to that of my mom with a messy hair do, and the same height. However, no features at all from what I could tell with the few seconds I got to look at it. When it sped out it did not even turn around and it never looked at me. All I saw was a dark, very solid profile of a woman that stood out against the darkness in my room.

I just turned on my TV again as fast as possible, I got out my phone and texted a friend of mine that I knew would be awake that late. I was freaking out and he told me to basically relax, it was just my mom and to go back to bed. Like that was going to happen.

I got enough courage to jump out of bed and turn on the light, but as I stood in front of the door I felt fear. This kind of fear I have never felt before in my life, nor do I ever want to feel it again. It was paralyzing, and a chill swept through my entire body. I could not move at all or speak. I probably would have started crying too if I did not force myself to yank the door open and go to my parents' room to ask my mom if it was her. Their room is the furthest one from the staircase and to the right of mine. The damn door was closed completely, and that door does not close softly nor do my parents care to do it softly. The whole it's my house I'll make noise if I want to thing. I went inside and had to shake my mom awake because she was out cold. I asked her if she came in my room and turned off my TV. She said she didn't and went right back to sleep. So I went back to my room and stayed up until the sun came up and then passed out from being so tired.

As I tell this story to my friend later on in the week, I remember details that only confused me more. I already said the TV is buggy which is why I use the control. I slept with the control that night and woke up to it right next to my arm. But I've never turned off my TV with it by accident, maybe change the channels yes. At no point did the figure raise its arm to turn off the TV which you have to do so the TV can get the signal from the control properly. It did not even get near the TV it just stood by the corner of my bed, thankfully by my feet. My dog was sleeping in front of my bed by where my torso is and he did not wake up through the whole thing. Not until I got up from my bed. I don't remember whether or not I heard footsteps, I just woke up because I felt a presence in the room, besides myself and my dog. Which is something I feel often, I just feel when someone is near me without looking. It was just there when I woke up. I felt no fear when I saw it because I thought it was my mom, it was only after the fact did I get the overwhelming feeling of fear. My door never opened or closed, all I saw was it moving slightly. However I can debunk that as the drafts from the hallway and such.

I would love any feedback as to what this might have been. I have not seen anything like it since and I am relieved honestly. Like I said this has never happened to me before, I have had a few other experiences that I would like to share. None of them got to the extent of me seeing something clearly solid appear in front of me.

Again, thank you guys for reading and any feedback that you give!

-SKWK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoftKittyWarmKitty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoftKittyWarmKitty (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Thank you for reading first off:)
I was paralyzed or at least I felt that way. I had to mentally give myself a pep talk to go and open my door. It seemed like forever while I mentally debated with myself but it was really maybe a minute or two. The only family members that had passed at the time were my uncle and grandmother, at least that I knew when living. It couldve been them I don't really know. As for the fear, I don't know where it came from. It just hit me all of a sudden. When I realized what happened I did freak out a little but I was more confused and shocked than anything. I didn't feel a negative energy from it at all or a positive one to influence me either way. Maybe it was a subconscious thing? I don't and didn't fear it at all. It does give me the willies when I think about it though.
Maybe my grams or uncle is telling me to stop wasting electricity huh? Haha
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Interesting encounter. I am confused about something, you said you were paralyzed with fear and could not move or speak as you stood in front of your door, how did you manage to yank the door open? Apart from that, I have a feeling it could either be a residential haunting or a passed family member just giving you a hand at saving hydro bills hehe.
Also, did you feel fear because it was unexpected or fear out of threat?

Thank you for your time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: