You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Why Is Money Dissapearing?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is Money Dissapearing?

 

So in the past year my mom has been telling me that money that she guards is missing, it first started with a sum of $100 and since my uncle was visiting we blamed him because he slept in the room that had the money (which is my parents). A few months later $300 went missing, and my mom always let's us know. Well me and my other siblings. She tells me to ask them because maybe if they did take it they would be more sincere with their other sibling than a parent.

Okay so the money for both those situations was never found. My mom has started to get worries, constantly thinks, who could it be? She mostly blames it on my older sister who comes to visit, but my sister does not know where the money is. We have asked her and since shes in a university we thought she could have possibly taken some because she needed it but she always says she didn't. So after that incident in September $100 dollars went missing again. My mom looked at me so worried and she told me. Then later that day she told me that she had it and that she counted wrong. A day later she told me she lied to me because she was already worried, so someone did actually take those $100, and now a month later in October my mom has checked and she was almost crying the other day said that $1900 was missing. She asked me if I took them and I said no. We are a family of 7. But my three younger brothers do not know where the money is at. And even if they did it would be impossible to be able to get it because you have to pick up something a lot heavier than they can handle. Even when my mom wants to move money she asks for help because she can't do it alone.

I must add that the money that was missing is not in the same area. She has certain areas but they are all areas, someone would never think and you would not be able to do it alone.

Only me, my mom my dad and older sister know where the money is located and even so I do know all the locations. I think their is 4 and I only know 3, My older sister is never home she comes every 2 weeks and she gets blamed the most because usually when she comes the money is found missing, but I know for a fact she does not do it because shes not always there when it goes missing. Its really odd and nerve wrecking because my mom would say she would check it on Monday and the next time on Friday its missing. It breaks my heart to see her sad, trying to figure out how to replace it, because that money is my dad's, she just helps manage it. My dad works everyday and he has saved quite a bit over the years. He is quick tempered and stingy. He has all his money calcuated and knows in which ways he will dispose of it. So we know he did not take it because he makes a huge deal when you ask for money, even something as small as 5 dollars. He has a very strong character and anger issues, and my mom fears his anger issues. She does not fear him because he isn't a physical violence person. He just gets mad and screams. So my mom sometime questions me alot, asks me if I took it and if I did, just to tell her and she won't be mad. But I did not take it and neither did my sister

I contemplated putting cameras in the locations but we do not ever know when it dissapears, we would record endless and never know when it would happen. Other people have money dissapear mysteriously if they leave it in a certain area, or have the amount of time pinpointed but we do not it happens monthly or even every 2 or 3 months, but this time we are really worried. We try to think neighbors took it but the neighbors do not know where it could be at and if it were them they would take all of it, Not just $100,or $200.

Another thing is that in the amount of $1900 did not go missing in the same area. My mom told me $400 went missing from area #1 and $1200 from area #3 and $300 from area number #4 and she said that when she checked she found it odd that one of the dollar bills was ripped on the side and that the string of one of the little bag of money was hanging undone.

Right now she's really upset, hoping my dad does not find out and that she can replace it in time but she does not know how. My dad is not a person to listen. He won't believe the money goes mysteriously missing. So we do not know what to do? But at the moment my mom blames me and my older sister, but me and my sister have honest conversations and have sworn to not have touched that money, because my sister and I have no need from it. She already works and has no big debts to pay off or anything. We do not see each other ever making my mom worry so much by stealing. The situation is kind of sad, she now has anxiety attacks. And I do not know what to do because I know for a fact none of us have taken that money. And I do not know if their is ghosts in the place. We rent apartments and have lived here 5 years and this only happened last year

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rawrimpsykhotik, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-22)
Dang, just saw this was a year old. Lol, that's what I get. Never mind.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-22)
There may be a culture issue here, where the bank is not trusted, or it may be a situation where the op's family does not want the bank or government to know of income coming in. If that is the case, then mom will just have to figure out a way to secure her cash. Must be frustrating though. Maybe she can just say its going in the bank to whomever and then hide it and see if it goes up missing. Maybe hide only 100 and put the rest on a prepaid card and keep that on her person. If it dosnt go missing then she will know it was an inside job, where no one went looking for the money cause they were told it was in the bank. This is happening to frequent for it to be paranormal.
Vik24 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-13)
well my friend you are not alone this is happening to me right. I alway place my money in a book its usually the bigger amount, and I keep a smaller amount in my wallet. But a while a go my money keeps disappearing out of my wallet, and its from one day to the other and that's what freaks me out the most, I already asked everyone if they took it, they always denied it and I believe them because we are all grown ups, we all have jobs and have our own money, I don't see why they would take it if any of us need money, we loan each other money. Another thing the money keeps disappearing almost at the same date of each month from the 10th to the 20th.
Rawrimpsykhotik (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
thanks for taking your time to message me, even if some of the messages may seem unlikely... I do appreciate it... I know its even hard for me to believe it could be aa spirit or anything so I respect your opinions... The cituation is still the same but we are taking other precautions now hopefully the culprit comes around or we shall find out how to catch who ever it is.
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
I see that there have been Some comments regarding the keeping of large amounts of money in the home, and how it's a little strange to them. I used to feel the same way until I moved to where I am currently. I didn't used to believe it but there are tons of individuals that not only keep all there money in cash, but look at banks and financial institutions to be "untrustworthy" so they keep all cash in the home! I hear of it all the time. I think it's unsafe, but these are people who are extremely old school. I think it's wise to have a emergency find hidden around though... Lol.
I agree that I also think this is a individual doing this. Good luck! 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
This story reminded me, very much, of another I had read on here called Missing Money. There's quite a few similarities, but what struck me most is both are from California. I can't help but wonder if perhaps the OPs are close in locality. Not because I think of plagiarism or anything like that, but it would be an interesting tie-in.
I don't understand keeping large amounts of cash laying about. Sure, most of us have an 'emergency fund' - but not what sounds to be thousands stashed around. I tend to agree with Miracles, and the others. Either a thief, or some kind of 'test'.
Now, I don't know your parents, but it seems to me that this kind of secret could be very damaging.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Rawrimpskykhotik - even though I've had money disappear from my home, once right before my eyes, I have to agree with the others. If it's not you or your sister, two other possibilities occurred to me while reading this.

1. Someone other than your family knew about the money. People have a tendency to tell secrets to someone they trust. This, in my opinion, is a huge secret. The possibility exists that someone in your family mentioned this to a trusted friend/family member. And either this friend/family member wasn't as trustworthy as thought or they mentioned it to someone else. This scenario actually happened to a friend of mine whose house was robbed. Joe (not real names here) is a friend of my friend (Bob). Joe told one of his friends who robbed Bob.

2. The other possibility that occurred to me is your dad could be doing this. Couples do strange things sometimes to see how honest their spouse is and if they are keeping secrets. Maybe your dad is taking the money to see if your mom would tell him. Instead she's keeping it from him.

In most cases I would tell someone they should tell their spouse because keeping secrets never works out well for anyone. But considering I do not know your dad, I won't give advice about whether or not she should.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
I also agree with BJJ. I think someone very much alive is taking it.

Also, if this keeps happening, why are they not using a safe or a bank?
Most people know to not keep large sums of cash around.
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
I agree with badjuujuu.

Someone must be lying about it. Check if anyone has anything new that they shouldn't be able to afford to buy?

Maybe it has just been misplaced. I don't think this is paranormal, I think it's a lying issue.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
Not to be snarky, but why on earth would your parents keep cash around like that if they know it goes missing? The simplest and most obvious solution to this is to put the money in a bank account instead of leaving it lying around. Having large sums of cash just sitting around is not responsible money management.
Just my opinion, but good grief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: