You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Mom's Reaction To My Experiences And What Happened To Her

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom's Reaction To My Experiences And What Happened To Her

 

My mom never believed me when I would talk about hearing voices call out my name when her and my other family members would go out. She would say it was in my head because I was scared of being alone.

She also didn't believe me when I came running up from my room in the basement one night because I had woken up to my bed shaking and lifting off the ground and falling back down. She told me it was just a train on the tracks that where three blocks away from us.

She never believed anything about the basement. She didn't even believe me, my sister, and our grandma when we told her we heard footsteps in her room up in the attic when her and her second husband had taken my youngest sister and brother out.

It wasn't until after her second husband was deported that she told me a few things.

She told me she could hear people fighting upstairs near her bed. She said it freaked her out o the point that she started leaving her TV on at night.

She told me sometimes she would feel tugging at her hair and touches on her hand (nothing like the inappropriate touches I got in the basement). She mentioned something bit her foot once (we had no pets at the time) and I decided to get her back for not believing me that I said, "maybe its the little monsters that bite your toes off if you don't wear socks or cover your feet when you sleep" (background to that is that my family tells all the kids at some point when they are young, that monsters eat your toes if your feet weren't covered at night. I don't know why, but it is some messed up family tradition). She was not amused.

She also said she got pinned down by a shadow and all she could see was a tail swishing around (no pets at the time).

The biggest thing to freak her out was that quite often my brother would wake from a dead sleep and look at this one corner and ask to go play with the "bug" mom would look to where he was pointing and see nothing and tell him no. He would apologize to the "bug" and go back to sleep.

She started to believe me about the basement after awhile. She would even come down to the main floor where I would sleep, once I stopped sleeping in the basement, if I screamed for any reason.

At some point during all of this, she found an alter and book in the crawl space in her room that wasn't there when we first moved in and during her first marriage.

After finding that, I came to the conclusion that what happened in the attic and main floor was different than the basement.

The basement seemed to only bother me, while the upstairs liked to mess with anyone, but it loved to mess with my mom the most.

My mom passed away in 2011 and we moved out two months later. The house has been vacant since we moved. No one wants to live there.

Sometimes I drive by now and again, but I don't linger. I feel like I'm being watched by something in the house.

Other hauntings by pagankitty321

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pagankitty321, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pagankitty321 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-22)
My 2 younger siblings live with their father's family. I have moved out of my other home now because it still happened there. Before I moved into my newest home, I prayed and had my fellow church members pray that whatever plagued me would leave ne alone. I have been in my new apartment for 6 months without anything happening.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-06)
I forgot to say in my first comment, on your other story, that I'm sorry for your loss 😢 I couldn't imagine losing my mom. But I have a personal question that I understand if you rather not answer to. What has happened to your 2 younger siblings? Since they were both still very young when your mother passed? Are thing's at least getting better in your new home? I know before you said you was still being touched. Is that still happening in your new home?
pagankitty321 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
And yes the touches were of a sexual nature. Read my story 12 years of fear to hear about experience in the house. It will explain more on what happened with me while I was living there.
pagankitty321 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Unfortunately my brother was only a little over a year old when he did that. Sadly my mom passed away before he was two.

As for the alter, my mom left it alone. My step dad had taken my grim reaper candle holder (I had a goth faze) and had a few other candle holders as well. We honestly didn't attempt to touch the book at all. I refused to touch my candle holder after we found it.
mythem (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
That sounds like quite a house! Did you ever ask your brother about the bug? What did you do with the alter and book? (I would've just left it hehe) And when you said you experienced innapropriate touches, did you mean in a sexual way? I know what it's like to experience these things and have no one to talk to.
I hope there are no ghosts in your new house!

Best of luck,
Mythem 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
Pagankitty321,

My condolences to you and your family, for the loss of your mother.

There's nothing like spirit's toying with you, and you have no one to tell, or confide in.

I've been through that, and know how scary it can get.

When your mother found the book and alter, did you get a look at it?
Did she go into detail about how she found it?
If she did, what did she do with the items?

Have you ever asked your brother what type of bug he had been seeing?

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: