You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Red-Handed

Real Ghost Stories

Red-Handed

 

I just ran into this site two days ago looking for real-life ghost stories. I read a few stories, Tiki Face Phantom, The Piano Plays On, and a few others. I didn't want to leave my story at first, but I feel that it's my responsibility to share. It was about 4 years ago, and I will never forget.

I used to stay with my mother in a two bedroom, two bath apartment in a popular neighborhood in Houston, Texas (Acres Homes). My twin cousins, me, and my oldest niece were all in my room having one of those late night girl chats. I remember myself falling asleep early, as I always did. I fell asleep with them talking in the background. I remember the dream/nightmare I had so vividly.

In this dream, I was being chased by a man that I did not know, but he was convinced that I was familiar with him. Trying to escape his taunts, my fast walk became a steady sprint. While in a full out run, the guy was trailing behind until, I thought, I had lost him. I stopped at a street corner, huddled over trying to catch my breath. After a few gaping gasp I looked over my shoulder and a strong force pushed me into on-coming traffic.

I woke up in a sweat with an intense feeling of pressure and heat on my back. I told my cousins and niece about the dream frantically, ran to bathroom mirror and lifted up my shirt. There, on my shoulder blades, were two full grown hand prints. A few minutes later the prints turned from red to blue as if it was bruising, but I still felt the heat.

When reminiscing about that night, my cousins and niece joke around saying that I yelled "Someone pushed me!" as soon as I woke up. I can laugh at it now, but then, I was terrified.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shameless, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Thats really creepy. My friends friend had that happened to her a couple of times so she moved...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I have never heard of a dream person leaving such marks. Thank you.
davidparker (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
That scared me... I've had dreams somewhat like that. I would post it but posting is down right now. I will probably post it tomorrow, if you want to take a look at it and compare experiences. I'm calling it "The Man With the Chain"
Thanks for sharing with us Shameless!
😉
shone (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
my sister had almost the same experience but it was not a dream... Here goes... My dad used to sell properties in singapore, I was not born that time so I didn't know know anything of course, there was one house, my family had to help to clean, my sister was around 13 at that time, She did not like one part of the house which was the corridor, as always then as she was walking... There was something that touched her on her shoulder and then it pushed her... But ther was nobody there... My sister had and has a lot of encounters with peranormal thing she only has felt but not seen... She felt many things that many other people cannot feel...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Dear Shameless,

I do not recall having a dream where one or more of the cast of characters in my dream left 3D physical marks. I am sorry, I do not have a shared or similar experience to relate nor do I have an answer. I am aware that there are those who have experienced this, and you may wish to research this paranormal phenomena further.

Although, I have had some harrowing and scary dreams which I have learned for myself were like tests. The more I trusted myself and the less fear I had the less these type of dreams occurred. Many times I learned from trial and error, and many times the solution was to confront whatever or who ever it was that was chasing me, causing me fear and trying to frighten or hurt me. There were times my fears were unfounded or without reason or cause, as they were just people or beings wanting to deliver me a message, answers or some kind of information to help advance my learning and awareness.

I do know that I have awakened with bruises and marks, but some of these things may have been caused by rolling around in my bed and causing them myself. I am not saying this was what happened in your case, but it is best to cover all logical avenues as well.

Since it is not happening now, and if you maintain your own inner strength and confront your fears within your dreams and in 3D physical life, you will do well and be well in all encounters you face on your life's journey.

Blessings, --Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Thank you for sharing your story. In our dreams, I believe we are 'visited' sometimes because this is one of the times we are most vulnerable. I am glad you awoke fairly unharmed and are able to laugh about the experience now.

Keep a cross over your bed and a Bible near at hand.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Thank you Shameless, (great song by Garth by the way) for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
That was a bit strange these dreams mean something loads of people have chase dreams and that. Some of us our dreams can be strange like mine the bad ones come true. I can also get in contacted in the spirit world in my dreams. You could do some research on the internet about this what happened to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: