You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Ghostly Paulding Light

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghostly Paulding Light

 

Last month, with my family, we went to MI to see the Paulding Light. It's real! When my mum parked our car to see to the view of the light, that big, bright light seemed to zip right down on the power lines! It was so cool. I took a camera photo of it and and recorded it on our video cam. When the light started to race on the power line towards us, literally, it chased us! Man, it scared the heck out of us.

Now, when it comes to scare a 17 year old, that's pretty hard. But this spooked the devil out of me! When I first saw it, I thought it was an Orb. But people say its the ghost of a little boy searching the tracks high and low for his sister's head that was beheaded from the train running over her, killing both of them.

As the light started chasing us, you could hear its vibration and feel them! We ran to the car and drove home. Not looking back.

But what is it? What is it that makes that light truly stay their? Sometimes when I see things like ghosts or orbs, they stay here with unfinished business. I wish somehow that we could make that thing go away. But, why did it chase us? Why is it a light and not a ghost of the boy instead? I need help! Why, why?

Seriously, though, it spooked me. It reminded me of Casper the Friendly ghost. Except it wasn't friendly.

Other hauntings by 4u_allie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4u_allie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pablo (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
The Paulding lights are an easy one to figure out if you have a map... There was a section of highway re-routed, and the clearing you are looking at the lights through is the old route the highway took... What you are seeing is car headlights traveling on the portion of highway that was not rerouted. The reason they change color is atmospheric refraction. The reason they happen every night around dark is because, well... They are car headlights. If you don't believe me, go there with a map and a pair of high power binoculars.
nicka (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Hi 4u_allie!
Bellisima said: There is actually a sign showing the area and it says the light is the ghost of a brakeman who was killed there and now waves his lantern as a warning.

That is what I read too, but who knows...
Hope you find out what it really was.:)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Hi 4u_allie. I just did a little look for the Paulding Light and I found a sight that claimed to have proven the light to be reflections of head and tail lights on a highway behind the area. But it goes on to say that the 'Lights' people are seeing today are not the original 'Lights', which haven't been seen for 3 years. It then says 'The Investigation Continues' What I gather from that is that something odd and worth investigation happened there. There is actually a sign showing the area and it says the light is the ghost of a brakeman who was killed there and now waves his lantern as a warning. I got this from 'unexplained research' unexplainedresearch.com/files_anomalies/paulding_light.html
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Hi I thought it might be a tangle of systemic atmosphoric refraction and a few secondary contributors (maybe energy and seismic intensity)
What do you think it is?
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Does anybody have any idea of what the Paulding Light could be? Perhaps it's a Phantom Light?
PEACE,
Alex. ❤
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Thanks commenting! Athena, I don't know about Alaska 😊 KimSouthO, I would like to know what you found out. 😉

PEACE,
Alex
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Thanks for sharing a little of your family outing, I don't think I will ever tire of mysteries... I guess conjecture rules the lights huh! Have you considered conjecture/explanations that seem to make sense to what you saw? If so, I hope you respond with it and why you think the light is over and above the normal. Here's my rambling- wild conjecture, the northern lights are seen from the same area right? Why couldn't this light, in large part, be due to atmospheric refraction? Now, here's why the mystery remains fresh for me. Even if it is atmospheric refraction why isn't it happening in multitude in the area? Why wouldn't there be dozens of these lights in that one area if it was as straightforward as At Ref and seismic activity? And why doesn't it happen with more frequency in areas with similar conditions... Alaska also has seismic activity and atmospheric refraction. The northern lights are over both Alaska and Paulding...
Okay, I've paid my dues, now I get to do far-fetched conjecture 😆. Ghosts/beings/souls often choose the path of least resistance when making contact. For example, they might choose to contact you in a dream because it's easier and requires less energy than making a full-blown apparition to you in the afternoon. I don't know anything about the Paulding lights of course, and it may just be natural phenomena. 😳
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Thank you for sharing your stroy with us.

I had never heard of the Paulding Light until reading your story. I became very curious and looked it up on the net.

Apparently there are several stories on this light(s) and what could be causing them.
This is very interesting.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
With out doing an actual full investigation into this Paulding light I don't think anyone can give you a direct answer to your questions. That is unless someone here lives in the area and already has performed one. I would love to hear the results. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: