You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences In My Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences In My Childhood Home

 

This is my first post here! So I decided I would just go through all my personal experiences that I can remember. These are in no particular order, I'm just going to write them as they come to me. (Some names have been changed to protect people's identities)

My parents divorced when I was pretty young, maybe 8 or 9. He moved out of the house my mother still lives in. Things didn't start happening that I noticed until after that point in my life. After my dad moved out, my mom rented the basement to a few various people/families to help make up the money she lost when my parents divorced.

First Bianca moved in, she was my mom's long time friend. She woke my mom up multiple times because she was afraid. She would often wake up cold, see the curtains blowing and go to close the window only to find it wasn't open. Another night, my mom woke up from a dead sleep to see a figure standing in her door way. She assumed it was Bianca and called her name. The door leading to the basement is directly next to my mom's door, and it was slightly open. When she said "Bianca!" the figure "ran away" going around the open downstairs door toward the kitchen. My mom got up and followed the figure, but found nothing. She says it made no sound, no footsteps. She asked Bianca about it the next day, but Bianca said she hadn't been upstairs that night.

Another family was renting the basement after Bianca. It was a man, his wife and their young son, who was 5 or 6. My computer was down there, so I was often down there on the computer. When they weren't there, I would think I saw the boy walking from the back bedroom into the laundry room that was right next to it. This only happened when they weren't home. The man also told my mom that he was awakened in the middle of the night to the same blowing curtains and closed window that Bianca experienced. He also said on a few occasions he would wake up unable to move, and felt like something was holding him down. I thought this could be some kind of sleep paralysis, and didn't believe it had to do with the paranormal but you can judge that for yourself.

The last people to move in were two brothers in their late 20s. They never spoke about anything happening to them, but some other strange things happened to my family while they were living there. My dad had come to visit us, we were all sitting in the living room at the front of the house, facing eachother on the two couches. My mom was in her room. We heard a glass shatter in the kitchen, which is directly behind the living room separated by a wall. We ran in there to find a small glass, broken in the very center of the floor. It had been lifted out from the open dishwasher, and dropped in the middle of the floor. (The top shelf/basket was left pulled out from someone putting something into the dishwasher. If you have one you know what I mean.) There is no possible way this glass could have just fallen from the dishwasher to the middle of the floor. It had to have been lifted out of the dishwasher, moved over about 4 feet, and dropped. No one had been in the kitchen for at least 30 minutes.

When I was slightly older, my brother and I took the 2 bedrooms in the basement. My mom was remarried by this time. Once we were sleeping in the basement I noticed way more going on down there. The hallway and bathroom lights would flicker on and off. Erratically. I'd hear someone calling my name, and once I was laying on my bed drawing or something, I can't remember. And I heard the jingly sound of a dog's chain collar enter my room and just stop. I assumed it was my dog who also wore a chain collar, until I noticed my dog looking into my room through the window to the back yard. I looked around me but saw nothing. I also continued seeing the little boy walking from my brother's bedroom to the laundry room, and heard what sounded like someone sitting on the washing machine and kicking their feet into it.

The last story I can remember right now, is an afternoon when I brought my friend home with me after school. My mom wasn't home from work yet, and we were sitting in the basement living room, which is just outside of my bedroom. A hallway is also directly outside of my room, and leads to the back bedroom (my brother's) the laundry room which, if you walk straight down the hallway you'd walk straight into it) and the bathroom which is directly next to my bedroom, on the same side of the hall. (This doesn't matter much, just trying to give you a visual.) Anyway, we were sitting in this livingroom, and we were in a place where we could look straight down the hallway into the laundry room. I was telling her all the stories I just typed out for you. Out of nowhere the light in the laundry room came on, and a series of bangs rang out INSIDE the ceiling, very rapidly one after another (Which was a tiled ceiling, there is about a foot high space between the ceiling and the floor above) starting from the end of the hall, where the laundry room door was, and ending directly above our heads. We freaked out and ran out of the house.

So that's some of my stories, I no longer live in that house, but my mom and siblings do, and tell me things still happen all the time. I've had a couple teeny experiences there since, but I'll save those for another post.

I really hope all this made sense, but please do let me know if you need me to clarify anything, I'll do my best!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brittani1123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Hello:

Something is definitely going on in that house!
Let's just hope that the events are few and far between enough not to disrupt anyone's lives.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Omg that last experience you wrote about gave me chills! I would of done the same thing and zoomed out of there; I'd be out of that house in two seconds! Great story! I can't wait to hear more. 😊
lol-awesome-kid (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
😁 the bangs sound really weird and defiently unexplainable hope it stops

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: