You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unknown Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown Spirit

 

Events I am about to relate happened over years and some were experienced first hand by me while others were experienced by my family members. I apologise for length of my story.

It starts with my sister's marriage. She was married in Mumbai and lives there. After a few days of marriage we went to visit her and were given a place to stay upstairs. Upstairs is a kitchen, hallway, bedroom. Downstairs there is another apartment on rent and opposite to it is where my sister, her husband and family lived and in between this two apartments was a well downstairs. All this property belonged to them.

When we were there, the downstairs neighbours told us that the place upstairs was haunted and, hence, is always empty. They also told us that many years before someone was murdered and dumped in a sack in that well. We forgot about it with time.

Later my sister and her family went upstairs to live. They aren't believers in ghosts. Many unexplained things happened there. I will quote a few.

Once my sister was cleaning fan on a stool with a broom in her hand. She was home alone and it was afternoon time when she felt someone pull the stool from below her feet. She fell and had a hand fracture and said she didn't slip but someone pulled the stool. Door was closed and she was alone.

In another incident my mom and I were visiting sister and were sleeping in hallway. I was awake still but in blanket when I felt something heavy moving besides me. I didn't see it as I was in blanket so I removed blanket and glanced around to see there was nothing except my mom who also was sleeping but now wide awake and looking exactly where I felt that thing moving. I asked her what it was and she said nothing, you sleep. I slept but next morning I heard her talking to my sister in kitchen saying last night she saw a black shadow moving slowly around me and that she didn't tell me because she didn't want to scare me. She also said that the shadow slowly passed by me like it was observing me.

Next incident was when I was sitting in hallway playing games on my cellphone. It was around 11pm when I felt footsteps beyond me and than felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and there was nothing.

Last incident I want to tell is recent. My sister's husband, let's call him 'M', came to visit us and asked me if I felt something strange at his house. I told him. After that he told me that once he was alone at home and was trying to sleep when he heard footsteps and he got up and put on the lights. He brought a hockey stick and kept it by his side as an expression of threatening whatever was present there. Than he switched off the light and went to sleep when he heard hard and fast footsteps approaching him and than felt a pressure on his chest like someone heavy sitting there and than the thing started choking him. He was unable to move but just recited a few religious verses slowly just moving his lips and the pressure disappeared.

Apparently this spirit understood the expression which was meant to threaten him and showed he isn't going to let anyone threaten him. M slept that night with lights on and said the spirit didn't bother him again that night. M also requested me to not to say this to my sister as he didn't want to scare her, which I promised not too, but M later brought a religious priest and got the house blessed which surprised my sister as M isn't one to be superstitious. She even mentioned to me but I kept my mouth shut as I promised to.

Thanks for bearing with me. These were few of many incidents we experienced there. And somehow I don't think the spirit left because of that blessing because there were blessings of that place before my sister moved in, indicating other people knew of this unknown entity too.

Other hauntings by snowflakes211

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflakes211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
hello snowflakes221... Reading the story of yours, I find it actually spooky... As per as my concern, the spirit must have been wandering around the house since a long time back however after your sister and her family moved in, it might not have been very comfortable for 'it' with the whole thing... And that might be the main reason for which it went troubling them... Anyway well yes!_just like [at] Sheetal said even I'd too definitely suggest your sister or infact anyone else to stay away from such a place...
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Hello sheetal. Thanks for your comment. I will definitely convey your advice to my sister.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Hi, Snowflakes211... Nice story... I know sometimes spirit doesn't go out even after cleansing. (My family has experienced this). You said that there was a murder occurred in that place. As per knowledge people who got unnatural death their spirit become more violent. So your sis family should take it seriously. Say them to do a Holy 'Puja' or you can call some 'siddhvyakti' for cleansing.

I would suggest your newly wed sis to stay away from that particular place.

Regards,
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate them. I agree that repeated blessings, cleansings may be required. Also more positivity and less fear may affect the situation in a good way. I will suggest my sister about all this.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Blessings and Cleansings both should be maintained... They are energy based and energy disipates over time. They can last longer if positive energy is maintained within the household but they still need to be renewed every so often.

At least that is what my experience has taught me.

Respectfully,

Rook
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Hello:
I have heard that home blessings can be effective for certain periods of time, and become necessary again. It might be necessary to redo them periodically. You could try asking a clergyman of your faith if there is a way to expel the presence. They might know methods that you would not be aware of, or they might be able to guide you in the right direction.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Those do sound creepy. I would only saw there have been times when I was on a stool and I was reaching farther than I should and the stool feels like it moves from under me when I am home alone, and it does hurt! Your poor sister, that must have been very scary, especially with the fracture, I hope she's ok.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
I disagree...besides, how many people would STAY in a place for long which was occupied by the 'unseen & uninvited guests'? If you could find a large group of folks whom you KNEW would not become agitated by malevolent unseen forces, & who could focus enough POSITIVE energy into an area, that might drive out the negativity.

But to bring in just anyone would provide 'energy' (food) for the entitie (s), & simply exacerbate the situation. (Remember...they 'feed' off our fear, panic, anger, strong emotion)

Blessings & Light for you.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Hello snowflakes211! Some times it has been noticed that blessing or cleansing dose not provide salvation from bad spirits. My suggestion would be to populate that area with peoples. If they continuously live there, their positiveness would automatically heal that place.

Thanks & Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: