You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mother's Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Friend

 

I have submitted another story called I Lived In A Haunted House. The story I am writing now also takes place in the same home yet I firmly believe it is a separate and distinct event and not associated with the existing haunting.

My mother and father had an eclectic group of friends when they were younger. Many of these friendships last until this day. In the late 1970's my Mother had a Bible study that met at the house every week. The bible study consisted of friends from different denominations.

One of the members who I will call Trish was in her early 30's and had just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She had good spirits and had a hopeful outlook. Well being the kind of friends they all were they would all joke around with each other about certain things. Toward the end of Trish's battle with cancer she still had a good attitude being a woman of strong faith. Sometimes she would even joke about her own impending mortality.

During one Bible study they friends all kidded Trish and said Trish when you get to Heaven please come and let us all know you are safe in some way. It was a lighthearted conversation.

Now I have to tell you that Trish was obsessed with the curtains that my mother had hanging on the kitchen door that led to the back yard. They were a yellow lace curtain. Nothing too special but for some reason Trish loved them and would comment on them often.

Trish died in 1979 at the age of 33 after a long battle with cancer. One day the group was sitting around the kitchen table conducting their Bible study and by chance my mother remembered them asking Trish for a sign that she was either in Heaven or still with them in Spirit. My mother then said out loud, "Trish I don't know if you remembered us asking you for a sign but we love and miss you and hope you are in a better place." At that moment, they all noticed the curtain on the kitchen door moved to the side as if someone was looking out the window on the door and then the curtain slowly moved down back to its original position.

They knew their friend had come back to let them know she was ok. No one was frightened but a sense of calm came over them.

Other hauntings by smithnb42

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smithnb42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Graceunfolding (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
I feel you captured the sweet essence of your mom's friendships. There are a lot of scary stories told here but this story is simply lovely.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Yes thankyou I felt so calm reading your account. I believe there is more than this mortal world. Your mum was blessed to have such good friends in her home.J
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Hi smithnb42 Really a beautiful story you've shared with us.

Regards,
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-13)
I love how she was able to confirm to her friends that she was at peace. Beautiful experience, thank you for sharing.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-13)
Very nice and touching story Smithnb42:-)
I loved to read it. The way Trish made her friends known her presence through the curtain she liked is really amazing.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
Hi smithnb42! Yes, I would also echo the same what notjustme had said. It is truly a good and heart warming story.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
Thank you for this heart warming story. For some reason I felt it suits the season pretty well. Glad Trish is in a good place and was able to let her friends know. God bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: