You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Violet Orb - Amazing Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Violet Orb - Amazing Experience

 

The following experience happened to me early morning, December 22, 2014. I have only told one person about it because I am afraid that I will not be taken seriously or people will think I am losing my mind. I am not losing my mind and I will cherish the experience I had for the rest of my life.

I believe it was around 3:00 a.m. I awoke to an extreme pressure on my entire torso. I found it very hard to breath but I did manage to "push" it off of my chest and sit up in bed. Upon sitting up, I saw a very bright violetish purple orb, somewhat opaque, floating approximately three feet off the ground and five feet away from me, near my bedroom door. The light from the orb lit up my entire room in purple. Seeing this was neither frightening nor enlightening in the moment; it actually just seemed normal in the moment. I didn't feel like I was asleep at all, but the waking state was different.

Now for the backstory:

My brother committed suicide in June of 2008. My entire family (and some friends) began experiencing a number of paranormal occurrences, though everyone had different things happening. Three times, my daughter and I simultaneously saw items take flight, sunglasses flew out of the open centre console in her car, a bag fell off of a table, and a plastic glass spilled. A friend of mine randomly contacted me via Facebook and said that she had been in "contact" with my brother and he was having trouble crossing over because he was worried about me. Yet another psychic friend (that didn't know the other one) told me the exact same thing. The original friend that contacted me just passed away last week. Yesterday was her memorial so I cannot help but think that it was her.

I knew nothing about orbs before looking it up this morning so any information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I have certainly had my share of experiences but nothing like this. What a light show! Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarciaClaire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-18)
I am not sure but by reading this story kind of shows that there are different forms of orbs and most probably they are from the dead ones.

I will be so sad if this happened to me...

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-28)
MarciaClaire,
It's said that an orb's color carries meaning, and is the color of the person's aura. Since you said it was violetish-purple, I'll give you the meanings of both colors:
Purple: Orb of information Violet: Guide for spiritual matters.
Since you knew your brother and your friend, does that mean anything to you? You mentioned your friend being psychic, so that causes me to lean towards her.
It's always difficult to loose someone we love. More so, when that person chooses to end their own life. Having dealt with the suicide of my own son, I'm going to use that experience to try and help you with your brother. It may or may not fit for you, but often in cases like this, those of us left behind feel a bit guilt, and a bit of anger. We blame ourselves to some degree, and play nasty little games of 'what if' and 'why' with ourselves. This could be why your brother is worried about you. Or perhaps he feels you haven't forgiven him for choosing to leave. You need to forgive twice; him for taking the path he chose, and yourself. Hard core truth; sometimes our love is just not enough to fill the void they feel. The next time you feel he's around, tell him you still love him and that you'll be ok. It could help. But, remember this too, even if someone has moved on, many of us believe that every now and then they come back to 'visit'. If you truly believe that this is him, then acknowledge you know he's there. I hope this was of some help.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
Well, yes you should try to find all possible physical reasons for a happening. But, having seen a number of orbs, in different colors even, I think it could have been any of either your brother or your friend. You might try just sitting quietly until you feel that presence again and tell him or her that everything is good and they should finish their appointed journy, whatever that might be. It sounds like a wonderfull expierienc, though. So sorry for your loss, and so glad you have this as a peacefull farewell.
pumpchick15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
First of I would like to say that I'm sorry for your loss.

Now to the story:
This was a really good story. I wouldn't deny the fact that it could have been ether of them, but did you have any colored lights in your room? Where you really tired? Once aging, not doubting your experience, but just think about those two questions and answer me back. I myself have never seen an orb but I think it would be wicked cool! I have seen mists and shadows never orbs.

Hopefully you can understand this more and find out who was the messenger.

-Pumpchick15

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: