You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Black Cowboy

Real Ghost Stories

My Black Cowboy

 

My story is similar to the other one but it is pretty different than that one. When I first noticed The black cowboy I was laying bed at age 7 and my blanket kept moving, so I screamed for my mom and she told next time that happens to tell it to leave me alone, so I did. That night after I screamed "LEAVE ME ALONE!" my mom decided to cedar the house to try and get rid of it. It worked for about 3 months,

Then it came back.

When it came back I was playing with my 4 year old brother and it walked out of my room and into my moms room, then it came down the hall and stopped in front of the fireplace. It looked at the chimney for about 2 minutes then it disappeared. This still continues to happen it has been going on for 7 years now and my mom thinks it is a protector.

Exactly 4 years after we started seeing this ghost my grandpa dies and 4 years after that my grandma died. My mom and I can sometimes hear my grandpa's voice saying her name, it is really freaky. And the black cowboy doesn't do anything but walk up and down the hall to the stove then disappear. Sometimes at night my room gets really cold and it feels like I am being watched, this ghost follows me to school and hides in the attic at school. I know this because when me and my friends were in the bathroom talking we heard something in the attic so they lifted me onto my tallest friends shoulder to see if I could open the attic and when I touched the attic door it was VERY cold and I got thrown into the wall. We all screamed and ran out of the bathroom and we no longer hang out in there. Comments on what it might be will help lots.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kota, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chaos13 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
Id check and see if there is a skeleton hid in the chimney maybe it's telling you something
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
yeah this story is a bit confusing because you say one thing the. Say something else that totally throws it off, I agree with Valkricy his comment on the bottom is what I think also. Maybe you could explain a bit more?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Same here and I agree that it is odd but maybe this person won't come back, who knows.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I don't know, it just seems a bit odd to me. A bit disjointed and too similar to a previous thing...

That usually sets me off a bit on stories.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I don't know why it would be a copy cat though because it's not like the first one Elnora linked to was too too popular though it was when this story was published and nothing pertaining to this story is related to the black cowboy. I even inquired about it since it's only mentioned one time and for a brief second to the whole story and the poster had yet to say anything...

😕
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I also have to wonder if this is a copy-cat. The first story, from a different poster, was much easier to read and the writing style seemed much different than this.

It's this story: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21023

The background and everything is completely different, as are the "first" times seeing the black cowboy.

Am I missing something here?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
Ok you said your mom did what to get rid of it? I would like to know exactly what she did if you can find that out.

As far as that being a protector, it probably is a residual image repeating itself from stored up energy. Things tend to happen to make it seem like it is haunted but energy is a fascinating subject, especially if all it does is gown downy he hallway and stare at the chimney for two minutes then disappear. Any medals or specific wood used in the chimney or around that area you know of?

The 4 years death of your grandparents sound just as coincidence and I am sorry for your loss, losing grandparents, or anyone really, sucks.
The fact you mention you can hear him calling her name means you should try to see if his soul is not at rest and if it is not, help him find rest. Family always sticks together.

What gave you the impression that it is a black cowboy? Is that what you named it? Or is that what it looks like? Can you explain?

And lastly, the attic probably would be cold due to the fact the attic is mostly not regulated with the same heating/ac system as the rest of the house, much the same as the basement or garage. What time of year did you try and debunk the attic? And how exactly did you get pushed into the wall if you were on your friends shoulders? Did she simply not just lose her balance and feel embarrassed?

Sorry for being nit picky but that's my take on it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
Nah swims, it ain't allowed, but we can only publish what's submitted. And sad to say, this contradictory tale was one of the least offensive I came across the day I published it.
So, glorious denizens of YGS, feel free to rain logic and reason down upon this and any other illogical thing you read. Maybe if people see no one is buying what they're selling, they'll stop trying to sell it here. I hope. 😆
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
Hello:
I must admit I was NOT confused by your story and have no criticisms. All I can add is what was suggested by Val; that perhaps the presence at the school is not the same as the cowboy since you have never felt threatened at home. Is there any particular reason that you are linking the two, aside from the fact that they are both unseen entities in your life?
Kind Regards,
Lynev
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
how can you say this entity is a protector after you were attacked? What is this "cedar the house" mean? I like to know more about that. What concerns me is the voice of your dead grandpas. It is possible his spirit still in the house or something else. Be sure about that because when you are in fear your mind loves to play tricks on you. If this voice is not a trick of your mind, please contact someone expert in paranormal. Because some times when members of your family passed away, their spirits follows their loved ones. Hope to hear more from you
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
Oops, I mean copy-cat story. It just reads like three different stories I've read on here.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
Is this copy-cat posting? Is that allowed? Just trying to keep it light. Maybe my view of this story is off, but this site is one of the few places where people seriously consider paranormal phenomina and learn from each other. Please keep it real. Just saying.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
I agree with the previous posters, your story is very confusing and it's hard to understand or give advice about it. 😐
The noise in the attic could had many possible NATURAL explanations, from an animal finding a way into it, the wind, birds walking on the ruff, etc.
How can be you sure you didn't loss your balance while standing on your friend's shoulders (a not very wise thing to do, BTW)? -Though I have to admit you were lucky not getting hurt after falling.

What does it mean to "cedar" a house? Is it a way of cleansing? 😕
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Thanks for sharing.
MezurashiReito15 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
There's lots of sentences that contradict each other in this story I don't like saying someone is lying about this stuff because its all serious but can you elaborate further on this?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
Why do you think the thing in the attic at school, is the same as your 'black cowboy'? Think about it - why would you feel it's your 'protector' one place, but then it throws you into a wall in the other?
You state he walked out of your room, into your mom's and then down the hallway. But then you say, "...the black cowboy doesn't do anything but walk up and down the hall to the stove then disappear", after telling us "... Stopped in front of the fireplace. It looked at the chimney for about 2 minutes then it disappeared." I'm soooo confused!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: