You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparition In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition In The Hallway

 

I have been reading stories on here for awhile, but this is my first post. I have many stories but I will start with the one that happened today.

Today I was at home with my two daughters and didn't feel like cooking so I ordered a pizza. The pizza guy came and the bill was $25. I gave him a $40, and as he's counting out the change he looked behind me, got a horrified look on his face, handed me $20 back and ran to his car. I turned around to see what he was looking at and I seen a figure of a man in my hallway for about 3 seconds before it disappeared. My husband wasn't home and nothing could have cast a shadow, and nothing in my hallway can be mistaken as a man. I might have gotten $5 off my pizza but that poor delivery man sure had a fright.

I'm sure I know who the "man" was. A dear friend of mine I was in the Army with who died two years ago, that's just what I feel, because I wasn't scared (I actually had a happy and familiar feeling), and he was the first person who popped in my head when I seen "him". But that's a whole other story.

I really do feel bad for the pizza delivery guy for being scared off from my house, and I hope he comes back... I really like their pizza lol. When I submit my many other stories y'all will understand why these kind of things really don't scare my anymore. I just need to find the time because they are quite long.

Thank for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Any and all comments are welcome, just nothing mean or nasty please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ngute81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-18)
Hello:

My condolences on the loss of your brother in arms. He was a great soldier and I'm sure his loss is felt in a big way. As former military, I know firsthand how devastating this type of loss is. I also know firsthand that there are way too many serious accidents in the military. I also lost someone I considered my brother, and have also had confirmation that I'm being watched over. I am deeply honored that even after death, they still feel strongly about protecting and defending those they loved. I personally do not believe that this means that they have not crossed over. My belief is that a God of love would hopefully not cut me off from those I love after my death. You're quite lucky that you've actually seen him. Mine has never appeared, but has communicated in many different ways including vivid dreams giving me information needed in the near future; i.e., things I would have never known. I am comforted by knowing that my loved ones on the other side are always close. Love does NOT die.
Warm Regards,
Lynev
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
hi there! I have googled your friend,
Master Sgt. Bradley S. Keys, 33 of Inman, S.C. Died December 13, 2012 of injuries sustained during a military free fall training accident in Eloy, Arizona.

Condolences to you and his family, such an honorable way to die in battle for your country though.
Well let's just hope and pray your friend is with you to protect you and your family esp you have two daughters:)
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
If you feel comfortable, it's ok for now. Can not say this is good or bad thing. After the things I saw, I don't want any spirit in my house. But not all spirits are bad. I remember a lady dressed in European clothes belong to colonial era. She always watching me every time I was alone in my parents house. I was a kid back then and wondered why she always come to see me when I am alone. I always felt comforted when she was there watching me.

So some can be good. There are also others you can feel clam, but that for a small time. After watching few exorcisms, I don't want any spirit in my place. Specially someone I know.
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
Just a little back story how I met Brad. I joined the Army in 99 (I'm out now) and was stationed at Ft.Bragg,NC. His barracks were next to mine and we became fast friends. He married my best friend. I also got married and he was close to my husband also. She left him because she wasn't ready to get married and he went Special Forces. He later got remarried, but we always kept in touch. His death was really hard on me but knowing he's around gives me comfort.
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
[at] DandelionQueen. That is a very valid point I never even thought of. Brad has like a brother to me and very protective. It makes me wonder...
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Thank you everyone for commenting! I have another story I want to submit that is very bizarre and surreal that I would love to have help with. It happened in 2005 and I'm still confused about it.

Notjustme-haha that's funny because it sounds like my friend, scaring the pizza guy just for laughs.

Sandcow-no I didn't know that, but that sounds funny!

I'm going to include a link to my friends obituary so y'all can put a face and name to the story. Brad was a wonder human and I love him very much!
Shoot...my phone won't copy it. If you want Google Bradley Keys obituary.
Thank you again everyone ❤
sandcow (1 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Just wanted you to know that there's is a joke running on Reddit with pizza delivery guys looking behind the person they are delivering pizza to, in order to freak the person out.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Hi nice to hear from you. I am a great one first impressions. Instinct. Anything is poss but if you felt calm and your thoughts were of your friend then that's enough to say that's how it was. If you are comfortable make a coffee and talk to yourr friend. Nobody need to know.
Pizza guy. Well you know he won't be disrespecting your home. If you wish go into the shop see the manager and give him the five back saying there was a mistake in change nothing more. I am sure the guy calmed his jangled nerves the with a stiffner.
Its good to think of old friends. Was he a pizza loving type of guy?.
Cheers J
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
In all fairness though, had I been delivering pizza and saw a spirit or something black manifest I would be completely terrified. Especially when it's not an environment you're used to. Being a stranger's house and not expecting something like that>
Dandelion could be right but either way I think it's very normal for anyone to be startled, even if they were paranormal investigators.
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Maybe he knew something about that delivery guy that you didn't, and wanted to protect you! I find it really interesting that the delivery guy was clearly very frightened, but you were not at all. I believe that ghosts or spirits are often very good at "projecting" feelings on to people; making us feel what they want us to feel. So, perhaps he wanted to scare they guy off, but reassure you...?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Hey maybe your friend wanted to help you save some money!...how nice
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
awwww to pizza guyand what luck for him. Also, awwwwees to you too Ngute81. I look forward to the next stories as I love me some family/friend visits!
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I'm with elnora on this. That poor, poor guy! I wonder if he saw the materialization.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Oh, that poor delivery man. If he is the one that comes back, tip him well:P
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
ngute81- Welcome to YGS, I'm glad you shared this with us. It must have been a relief to know that it was someone you know.

I bet it did scare the poop out of the poor pizza man. One never knows how they will react to the paranormal. I have reacted all over the spectrum of possibilities.

Looking forward to your next ones.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I guess we will have to wait and see what other stories you have. Interesting tale.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: