You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Strange Sound At A Strange Time

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Sound At A Strange Time

 

I have been a regular reader of this site for quite some time now and I would like to share my experience which I am not quite certain as to whether I can attribute it to something paranormal. I would also like to apologize for my English as it is my second language.

One night during the first week of January, I'm not quite sure what day it was, I was just having a smoke on the balcony of my apartment which is located on the 32nd floor. My girlfriend was asleep and I was by myself. I was smoking and using my IPhone at the same time and I heard a strange noise which I would say I have never heard before. I'm not quite sure how I can describe the sound. It sort of sounded like a moan or a wailing, but I'm not fully certain it was one. I heard the sound twice to be more specific. When I heard it the first time, I just thought it was from one of the other rooms although this is quite unusual as I have been living in the same apartment for about a year or so, and never have I heard a noise such as this. And there was about 5 seconds interval and I heard the same noise only for it to last a tad longer this time around. As my room is on the 32nd floor, it is quite isolated from noises and such, with the exception of super loud ones I guess.

To give more detail regarding my surroundings at the time the event occurred, the TV was on although I was on the balcony with the door to balcony closed, so in noway can I attribute the cause to the TV.

The thing that creeped me out was not exactly the sound. Right at the moment when I heard this strange noise, I looked down on my phone and what I saw scared the shiat out of me. The moment I checked my phone, it was exactly 12 midnight. I suddenly felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and immediately got inside and locked the door and went to lie down beside my girlfriend.

Thank you for reading everyone and I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this incident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jiggly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gursharan (1 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
I m a ghiust catcher
I keep in contact with ghosts
I think it could have been the person who have been killed in the same place or maybe some person screaming
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I know what's its like to live in an apartment where yoyu never hear your neihbors and then have that suddenly change. For me I actually physically changed addresses and could hear everything at the new place. It can be a little disorientating.

In your case though it seems likely that whatever you heard was carried on the wind. As you mentioned it has to be pretty windy that high up, and the wind can do strange things to sound. In any case though, if it was just a one-time thing I would hardly start worrying about a haunting.

Thanks again for sharing!
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't some of your neighbors having a romantic encounter?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
Hi Jiggly, first of all welcome to YGS. Elnora and others are right. Your English is quite good. Better than mine and mind you, English is not my first language too. I have written an experience like yours but the only difference is if keeps on coming like a girl crying. You can read it in this link http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14382

But if you happen to hear the sound again, try to note the time and if necessary, try to maintain a journal. You can ask your girl friend, if she had any experience like yours or your neighbours in the apartment. Try to do some investigation. It would throw some more light.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
Jiggly, isn't it possible what you heard was actually the sound of someone weeping carried on the wind? Sound can travel quite far when conditions are right.
If this was a one time thing, I really wouldn't worry much over it.
Jiggly (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
Thanks everyone really appreciate your inputs.

I really hope you guys are right for my own sake because I really don't want to be living in an apartment that is haunted.

But to be honest, it sounded nothing like a normal human or even two adults having intimate moments could ever sound like. It was a wailing, like someone in pain or someone who is crying with deep sorrow. The reason I am leaning towards not attributing the sound to my neighbors is mainly because I have never even heard anyone talking loudly from the other rooms during my time in this apartment. Normally, we all leave the balcony doors and windows closed because living at a high floor, it gets pretty windy the whole time. And It sounded like it was coming from the wind rather than the other rooms. But then again, I could be wrong.

And again, thanks everybody!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
I also thought for the adult time option for this. In my old apartment, all sounds could be heard through the very thin doors (the oddly thick walls just channeled sound straight into the hallway). One of my neighbor's used to shout bless you when I sneezed.:/

On a balcony, if someone else had their door open, the sound would carry quite far. It could be someone the next apartment over, under or above- even a few floors away.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
Jig- I'm with the rest on the timing. The chills and standing hair was caused by you seeing the time. One can not put an "enchanting" time with the paranormal. Mine have happened all hours of the day and night.

Thanks for sharing
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
Echoing Elnoremily; you're English is brilliant.

I just got to throw it out there, do you suppose the noise could have been a couple of adults having some adult time together?

It was probably your mood at the time and maybe you were tired. That could have made you feel it was something paranormal.

Don't worry about the midnight detail, it could just as likely have been 11:59 😉
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
I have to laugh a bit. Your English is better than most native English speakers. It's really extremely good.

I think it being midnight is just a coincidence, honestly.

Did the noise sound like a voice or electronic? Could you tell the direction it was coming from?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: