You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: College Unease

Real Ghost Stories

College Unease

 

This story is fairly brief, as the incident was rather brief in itself. I am currently a 'mature' student at a college in Bedfordshire, studying Fine Art in a specialist art block. To make sure I get the best use of the studio, I often stay after normal hours to do extra work. Now the 'Art block' consists of two floors (not including the ground floor) and the studio I work in is on the top floor. Usually there is staff or a few students wandering about, but on this occasion it happened to be an open day and everyone was in the sports hall in the adjoining building. Seeing as I am classed as a mature student, the last member of staff handed me the keys to the studio, asking me to lock up the floor when I was finished.

Everything was normal for the first hour or so, I sat in the small studio with the partition wall to the large studio ajar. Concentrating on my work I put on the radio and began to sing along. Halfway through singing I heard the door to the large studio open, then footsteps walking up the side of the partition. Thinking it must be a member of staff or someone that was lost I paused my music and said 'hello'. The footsteps sounded as if they had come up to just behind the opening to the partition and stopped. So thinking I may have startled someone I popped my head round to look into the larger studio, but no one was there. Shrugging it off I put my music back on and continued with my work, but the same thing kept happening. The door would open, the footsteps would walk in my direction, then I would pop my head round and no one would be there.

It was early December at about 6pm so outside was almost pitch black and these noises were beginning to make me feel uneasy. So I decided to lock up the studio and go do some work on the large printer/photocopier at the end of the hallway. I was a little unnerved still from my experience in the studio and the floor I was on felt eerily quiet without my radio playing. So I made up my mind to photocopy just a couple more bits then go home and finish my work on Monday. But as I was photocopying my last page I heard the door at the other end of the corridor fly open and someone running up the corridor towards the double doors behind me. Nearly jumping out of my skin I spun round to see who it was, but just like in the studio no one was there.

My Grandmother always use to tell me that if a spirit is trying to scare you, you need to stand your ground, then they should stop. So fighting my urge to run I looked down the corridor and said out loud 'Can you please leave me alone, your not scaring me'. Then feeling a tad shaky I turned back to the printer, unfortunately my speaking out did not work. I suddenly heard running on the stairs, banging and the double doors behind me began to open and close a little too violently for my liking. So needless to say I grabbed my things and ran!

I have not been on that floor alone since, although my curiosity and urge to help others makes me want to return there alone to see if whatever is there needs help. I would like to know what your views are on this matter and if anyone has any advice as to whether it would be safe for me to go back there after dark and alone?

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CherieMidnight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
Hello CherieMidnight, welcome to YGS. I don't think it is residual. But I want to ask you one question. Have you discussed these experiences with any of your friends and did you ask them if they had any such encounters? If you did, please share their experiences with us. That could give us more clues. Please do make some investigation. Try to maintain a journal.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Cherie, I haven't decided whether this is residual or an intelligent haunting, but it does sound harmless. You might do a little investigating about the building and if anyone else has experienced anything.
If you see the apparition, don't try to approach him. Instead just say 'hello' from where-ever you are, and pay attention to his reaction. This will be an indication on if it's intelligent or residual. IF it is intelligent, it could be that he just doesn't have enough energy to stay materialized for any length of time.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
CherieMidnight,
Well, I don't have much to comment about your story, besides the fact that it was real spooky. Though I do have a suggestion! Dont stay in that building Alone after dark. I certainly know I wouldn't. But I would definatly see if I could put a camera or two up to get footage of whether after dark.
A lot of colleges seem to have a Haunted building or two.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Hi Cherie,

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything too.
With everything you described I'd say whoever they are (maybe more than one) is out to have a bit of fun at your expense. It doesn't sound like there's much order to it, sounds more chaotic.
I've been through similar things to this (but not this intense). In my experience ignoring them seems to make them stop. But that only applies in the onset. Once they get a reaction it tends to go on and can escalate. This is obviously what's happening now.
They sound bored to me and they're getting kicks from scaring people. You're probably not the first person they've done this to.

You can always protect yourself and the room with some cleansing rituals.

Respect to you for spending more time there. Guts like yours are rare!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
dark-n-demented - mature tudent means 'older' that typical student age.

Hi CherieMidnight, welcome to YGS.

I wonder, have you mentioned your experiences to anyone else, perhaps a staff member? I feel I would be inclined to look for the caretaker and speak with them, as I would wager they would have experienced similar working in the building after hours.

I may be wrong, but it does sound residual, as it kind of sounds like its playing away to himself. But as I said, I could be wrong.

Please keep us updated, and thanks for sharing
😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
hi, CherieMidnight freaky experience you had did any one from the other college students has experienced the same? And yes have same question as dark-n-demented...
dark-n-demented (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
may I ask what the emphasis on the word "mature" means? You said it a couple times.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
don't fear my friend. I think that's the best way. He doesn't sound harmful, maybe gather all your courage next time and politely let him know "yes I know you're here too, but please let me do my work in peace."...try that and see what happens. He sounds just as curious about you as you are of him.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
That's an interesting encounter you got there. Have they physically touched you in any way? I ask because I want to get the severity of the situation. Sometimes when you yell at entities you provoke it and I think that is what you did seeing as how they made more noise and are now curious about you.
ellsthetank (2 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
i believe that where you work may be the source of a worm hole to a paralell universe, you could be experiencing sounds from there, or from the past, try telling it, you won't hurt them, if they won't hurt you

😕
CherieMidnight (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Just an update I stayed there alone until late last night. I heard the sounds again and this time a saw a man pop his head around the door. I tried to go to him but he just vanished. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: