You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Haunted College Apartments

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted College Apartments

 

This is about a year and a half ago now, but I felt I should share my experience.

I was living in an apartment complex in a college town with 3 roomates, though there was really just two of us (my best friend and I). The other two guys always were gone back at their parents homes or work. After a few months of living at these apartments, nothing had really happened to us, we were just normal college students partying and doing school work. But after 3 months we started hearing scratching noises in the wall, we thought it was just rodents or neighbors or something along those lines. But then it got weird.

One day when it was just my best friend and me, we were playing xbox in the living room. We paused and left the controller on the table in front of the couch, we also had a counter by the kitchen and a tall circular table in the corner on the other side of the room. We both go to the kitchen at the same time and we hear the xbox controller icon moving on the screen, and the sound that the television makes when you are scrolling was going off. We thought that was incredibly weird, but probably just the controller sticking, but when we go back in the living room, we find that the controller was now on the high top circular table. We checked the house to see if anyone was there and didn't find anyone, we would have seen anyone walk in because the only way in and out of the apartment is through the kitchen. That was really the first thing that happened.

Next, I came home from class and I unlocked and walked into my room, turned on my television, and walked back out to talk to my best friend who was watching golf in the living room. I put in some food for lunch and walked back into my room and saw something incredibly weird. There was an imprint on my bed like someone was sitting there but there was no one there. I reached out to try to touch it and it was incredibly cold but as soon as I reached out whatever was there disappeared and the imprint started to fade. I freaked out for a few days after this. I accused my friend of trying to scare me but he was just as terrified as I was, he was having experiences of his own.

In his experiences, the paranormal were a little more forceful. He always came in from hanging out with people around 2 AM and he was going into his room when the door leading to his side of the apartment slammed shut in his face. This happened 3-4 times and then stopped. He also experienced things moving on their own in his room, like pictures falling over and posters being ripped off the walls.

The scariest thing that happened was when we were watching an NBA game and we heard a loud crash coming from his room on his side of the apartment. We both were too terrified to go back there but I took my phone out and quickly took pictures to try to catch something on film... Nothing showed up. We both finally manned up and went to his room. Everything, and I mean everything had been lifted up off the ground flipped/turned around and dropped. His bed was all over the floor and his golf clubs were everywhere. We had no idea what to do but we stuck it out for the last month and then moved the heck out.

I never did any research, mostly because the apartment complexes wouldn't tell us anything anyways. I set up cameras multiple times but nothing showed up on the video, the activities were very random so it was hard to choose a right night. The complexes weren't built on any cemeteries, but we were really just 400-500 meters away from one. Since I've moved out, I haven't had any ghostly experiences and neither has my ex roommate who moved into new apartments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GForce09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
I think the previous tennants played the ouija board
And that's why those spirits are there, playing tricks
To let you know their there. Thats spooky story you
Tell us, you did the right thing to move out.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hello GForce09! It was really spooky. One of my cousin had a cemetery near by his rented apartment when he was pursuing his B-Tech and he had some nasty experiences there. His miseries ended when he leaved that apartment.
Good to read that you both are unharmed.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
derekcampbell16 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hi l have had simular experiences. With things being thrown accross the room, including furniture., it was frightning, as I have never experienced anything before. So pleased you moved out as you just don't know what your dealing with. I Moved out also and am very happy now.

Best wishes derek
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hello:
Sounds to me like someone who didn't cross over, maybe thinks they're still alive and didn't like young people in their space. Your buddy's room may have been that person's room. It may not have necessarily been a traumatic death. Lots of people pass after a prolonged illness while being medicated, barely or not conscious. Perhaps it's just a grumpy old person that needs help crossing over.
Congratulations on being ghost-free! It didn't sound like a particularly pleasant experience.
Kind Regards,
Lynev

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: