You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted College Dorm?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted College Dorm?

 

Recently, the college I attend has announced it will be demolishing the dorm I live in within the next year. The dorm building was first built in the 1960's. I live in a suite style set up where 6 total girls share a living area but have separate rooms.

A couple days after the announcement was made, we started experiencing weird activities within our rooms and the suite. The first event was when my roommate woke up with unexplained scratches on her body. She woke up with scratches on her hands - but she is certain they are not self inflicted due to her nail condition. She had acrylic nails and is positive she could not scratch herself in her sleep with them.

The next event happened the next day at around 1 pm. There were about 4 girls sitting in the suite area - we have a futon and chairs. We have a shelf in this living room area that has a welcome sign along with other "knick knacks". The window was not open and we were all sitting down chatting. One of our friends began to speak and the Welcome sign along with a few other items were thrown onto the floor. The main welcome sign was surrounded in a wooden frame but when we went to pick it up, the frame was broken into pieces. We rearranged the shelf with the items again and went about our business.

One of our suite-mates complained of waking up in the middle of the night to the feeling of someone in bed with her. However, she lives in a single. When she would roll over, she would find no one was there.

The third incident happened was when I was back from one of my classes - alone. It was about noon and I was sitting at my desk working on some homework. I heard a loud "clap" come from the suite and when I walked out, those same items had been knocked on the ground again. I put them back up and here is where we all started to get suspicious.

Later that evening, we were out in the suite again messing around at about 10:30 pm. One of our friends began posing for snapchat pictures and she went to post one of them and noticed an orb like figure next to her leg.

The most recent event happened this morning (March 2, 2018) at about 12:10 am. I had gotten into bed and began falling asleep. At this point, I was just barely awake but I began to hear shuffling around and thought it was just my roommate or someone else. The shuffling was enough to wake me completely, it sounded as though something was in my closet messing with my clothing. It then turned to a scraping noise on the closet door. I was so scared - I couldn't move.

We all think this is extremely weird but don't know what to think of it. We had told some friends of ours about what was going on but people mostly laughed it off. Any suggestions on how to handle the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellyg1198, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kellyg1198 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
Hello all, thank you again for taking time to comment on this post and help us out. She did not bring the ouija board into our suite but we have talked to her and suspect that she has something to do with the activity here. She said she did experience stuff when playing ouija boards. We have cleansed the area with salt and are waiting to see if this has worked. Thank you guys so much 😊
Maelstrom (23 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
Kelly

The simplest start would be to tell it to stop. That works a good part of the time. And it might stop long enough until the end of the semester, as most have to vacate the dorms right after finals.

Did your dorm mate, by chance, bring the Ouija board into the dorm?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
I would be infuriated if the college refused to move you to another dorm. Then again, I'm a mother of a daughter about to start college so that would explain the anger and "Mom Mode" Lol Try to be as safe as you can in regards to your health.

As for your friend and the Ouija board; You could just ask her about her experience. As in, "What happened when you used it? Was there any contact made? Did you notice anything strange after using it?". I'm sure she wouldn't mind answering your questions because I'm sure you all are trying to get to the bottom of what's going on. It can't hurt to get more information anyway.

😊
kellyg1198 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
We cannot really move out of the dorm due to the campus being a small campus and not having many places to house people. So, in regards to the health concerns it is rather irritating. I spoke with my roommate and she said the last time she played with the Ouija board was with her friends in June of 2017. I am not well educated on the Ouija board, so I do not know if that would have something to do with it.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
Kellyg - I'm surprised the school would let you stay if health issues are involved? That's scary enough in my opinion. Perhaps, you and your roommates should request a move to a different dorm? With the strange activity and health concerns, I would think the school would have no problem accommodating you.

As for the Ouija Board, it's never a good idea to play around with them. Did the girl who used it do so in your dorm room? Do you know what she experienced? It may be that she unwittingly invited something in the room or around her. That's just my opinion, it's difficult to know without more information.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to request a move. Regardless of strange activity, health is nothing to play with. Hopefully, you and the girls are out soon and the incidents stop.
kellyg1198 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
Hello all and thank you for your comments. The dorm is being demolished for health concerns. One of my suite mates has played with a Ouija board before - but the rest have not. Recently, we have experienced knocking on our door. Upon standing up to answer it, the knocking continued until we opened the door and no one was there. Thank you again for your responses, I really appreciate it!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
Wow, that's a lot happening and quickly. Why is the dorm being demolished? I would be done the first time things were being thrown Lol I do wonder if some of the activity is caused by stress, fatigue, etc amongst your roommates. Are you sure no one is setting you up? I mean someone causing the events to scare you?

I'm sorry you're going through this, it's tough when scary, unexplained things are occurring and you don't know who to go to or what to do.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
"There were about 4 girls sitting in the suite area - we have a futon and chairs... The Welcome sign along with a few other items were thrown onto the floor. The main welcome sign was surrounded in a wooden frame but when we went to pick it up, the frame was broken into pieces. We rearranged the shelf with the items again and went about our business."

And no one left the room screaming and running?😱

It's odd that the activity would go that far starting from nothing at all in such a short time, like a Hennessey Venom F5.
Is any of your roommates overstressed about her housing situation once the building is demolished?
Do you know if any of the girls has been playing with the Ouija board in the suite?

In my opinion, it's hard to say what triggered the activity in your apartment, but it would be a good idea to perform a cleansing and/or blessing of the place, fortunately it seems like yours is the only unit in the building where this is happening... Lucky you! 😜

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
Pinka (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-16)
Hi Kelly,

Sounds like there's a ghost. Did you check the history of the dorm? It might help you to figure out what is messing with you. Also for your safety get the dorm blessed. Try to end it now it self, more time you take more strong it gets. I am sorry for what you and your friends are going through. People shrug it off because they've never experienced it. Be safe!

Pinka ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: