You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Skeleton Face

Real Ghost Stories

Skeleton Face

 

The year was 1982 and I was staying the night with my paternal grandmother and grandfather. They lived in a very quaint Bonneville home in Washington Terrace, Utah. I would stay with them frequently, as my mom was a student at Weber State University and had to work after school at standard optical, so I spent a lot of time with my grandparents.

It was a Saturday night and me and my grandmother just turned the TV on and one of my favorite, but very scary, shows was coming on. Hopefully some of you remember this show "Saturday Night Nightmares". It came on every Saturday night and I talked my grandma into watching it.

It was 10:00 pm and my grandma went and grabbed my sleeping bag and a pillow so I could lay on her front room floor. She went to go grab me and her a drink and I thought I would get in my sleeping bag and lay down to watch the show.

As I was getting into my sleeping bag to watch the show. I had a strange feeling in my stomach to look out the front room windows. These windows were rather large, like bay windows and there were 4 of them along the front of the house (the TV was next to one of them up against the wall). I looked out the furthest one from where I was laying down and I could see a white, misty, skeleton-like face looking through the window at me. There was no body, just a very scary face that seemed to be pressed up against the glass, just hovering there.

I screamed for my grandma and she came in the room and asked what was the matter. I told her to look at the last window that I seen the face in, to see if she could see it, and of course, she couldn't.

I told her what it looked like and she thought maybe I was watching too many scary shows and that Saturday Night Nightmares was getting in my head to cause me to see things (also, at this point I was watching a lot of scary shows), but I know what I saw.

Another note, at this point I was living with my mom and my maternal grandparents on 27th street in Ogden and I went through a two week psychic period.

After I seen the face, all I could do was move my sleeping bag and pillow far enough away from the windows so that I couldn't see that face anymore. Grandma told me to calm down and to stop looking at the window, but I was transfixed on that evil face, and I tried to let it go, but it's like I was stuck there, watching it even after I moved out of its view.

It was there for a very long time and grandma told me that maybe we should just go to bed and turn the TV off. So I slept with her that night, and of course, I couldn't sleep. I thought that the face would eventually make its way into the house. But I guess I was so exhausted from worrying about it that I finally fell asleep.

When I got up in the morning, I had to go make sure that the face was gone, and boy was I relieved that it was!

Other hauntings by twisterwatcher7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twisterwatcher7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
replytoall
Way to go on telling GoldPhoenix off. Trolls like this need to get off this site. You were right to tell him/her what gives them the right to deem someone's experience an illusion. High Five to you. 😁
replytoall (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Goodphoenix: really? That's a very disappointing comment to receive from someone on this site. How dare you. The whole point of this site it to share our true ghost stories with other people who believe in ghosts and to discuss these encounters. What gives you the right to deem someone's experience an illusion? Nobody asked you.

This comment from GoldPhoenix is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

melanies411 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
This reminds me of the slave story, where his face is imprinted in the glass... Henry wells...

Http://americanghoststories.com/southern-ghost-stories/pickens-county-courthouse-the-face-of-henry-wells-carrollton-alabama

😭
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Thank you guys for commenting, it was a normal skeleton looking face, but just very evil looking, and boy, it did scare the heck out of me... I did only see it once, luckily... I think if I would've seen it again, I felt that I probably would've had a heart attack, lol... My grandmas house already had a vibe (presence) to it, I will try to post more on her house as well.:)) thank you vintageglam and nichole87 for your comments, you guys are appreciated!:))
nichole87 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
That must have been scary for a child. Was that the one and only time you saw it?
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
This story was creepy. Was it a typical skeleton face or a "skinny old" man face? Did you seen it again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: