You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Never Tempt Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Never Tempt Evil

 

Ever since I could remember I have had a fascination for the supernatural. Seeing a ghost for the first time only strengthened my look towards it, but that's another story for another time. This is my account of why I got exactly what I asked for.

It was a normal Saturday night for me. I ate dinner, got drunk and went to bed. (For insight, I was dealing with a lot of heavy things all at once and alcohol was a good alternative at the time, which is why I don't drink often anymore). But it is what I did right before I went to bed that I know for a fact are the reasons why I am like I am now, a man who is haunted by something unseen and horrifying.

Now before I went to sleep I decided to dabble into some supernatural practices like spirit channeling and summoning. (Very bad idea I know.) I kept coming into contact with a spirit child who wouldn't name himself. But I knew he wasn't there to be friendly. A few minutes of channeling him told me that this spirit thought of me as weak and he wanted to consume me. Now, since I was drunk I just laughed at him and told him to try his best, which just made him angry. Which in turn made me laugh even harder. I passed out not long after.

When I sleep I almost always dream. My dreams are almost always lucid dreams which, depending on the type of dream, can be utterly awesome or frighteningly horrible. Mine was the latter of the two. In my dream I fell in love with a girl and one thing led to another and afterwards, for some reason, we got on a bus. I turned from her only for a second but when I turned back she was cutting her stomach open and she tore out a fetus that was almost ready to be born anyways and gave it to me. She told me that she knew I wanted children so here. My eyes got wide as I started screaming and the baby fetus took the shape of a baby sized demon covered in fire and I kept screaming as I caught fire.

I know it was only a nightmare but the way I woke up was really slow like a déjà vu moment. When I was awake I was still screaming and felt hot to the touch. When I stopped screaming, I noticed the room I was in felt different than it normally did. It felt ice cold as in see your breathe kind of cold. I also felt pure fear and I felt there was a very menacing presence with pure hatred.

I dropped to a sleeping position looking towards the wall right up against my bed and I prayed to god for forgiveness and protection from evil. I prayed the same prayer for almost half an hour. Slowly the menacing presence felt like it was going away and I felt a new protective presence.

Ever since that night my life has changed. I now have a new fear of pitch black darkness, and I always now have the feeling I'm not alone in any room or area. I also always sense two presences everywhere I go. One that is evil and hateful and one that is protective and almost angelic. I now have uncontrollable moods swings and I get easily pissed off.

I'm afraid if I don't get help soon I might lose myself and do something I will deeply regret. If anyone has any insightful comments, please feel free to do so.

Other hauntings by MikeArcAngel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MikeArcAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
Same to you Trischa, same to you. It definitely makes the going easier when you know someone has you back especially when you. Can count on them. I tried to OD in high school using Advil capsules. I downed a whole new bottle of it. I passes out and I miraculously woke up the next morning feeling horrible. I puked for a full hour but was fine otherwise. God was looking out for me that night during one of my worst times which saddens me that I even had a falling out with him to begin with. My problems only progressed after I forsook him but then started to go away again after I redound my love for him.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Sometimes we do things that open doors (like channeling spirits or experimenting in witchcraft- like I did, unfortunately thinking it wouldn't work) and we allow things to become attached to us. I don't know what the case for channeling spirits is, but I do know that once you alter your "aura" you become succeptible to the plane of hell, and that "portal" can be opened at any time and can lead to an attack. I'm like you. I rekindled my relationship with God and Jesus and I always try to stay strong in my faith no matter what- even after losing a child. Hope everything goes well for you. God bless ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
GoldPhoenix, you claim to have read the guidelines, but apparently missed this one.
"We don't mind getting the skeptic's point of view, as long as you are respectful and tolerant."
You're being anything but respectful and tolerant.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Thanks Tweed for your long but insightful comment. Even Though you may be right I still have a gut feeling that tells me it was real. One reason being is that ever since then I've reconnected with god, not religiously but in my own way. That's why every time I pray now is different from when I was in a group. I was coerced into believing god in a way I didn't feel that was right when I was with that group. But now I feel... Well it feels like my life is brighter... Like my life was a dim bulb and I just changed it with an LED lol
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you're on the right track now. You've clearly been through enough and you deserve happiness.
I read your story about a week ago and was reluctant to comment based on a gut reaction I had about your experience. I feared I'd make a bunch of assumptions and it wouldn't be very helpful. Something keeps nagging me about your story, every time I visit YGS, so I hope this will help you in some way.

Over ten years ago I developed 'panic disorder' which is where someone suffers chronic panic attacks. It more or less means you think you're dying for most of your waking hours. When you're actually perfectly healthy. It sucks. I was like this for 2 weeks straight, then semi functioning thereafter.
I was put onto Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). This type of therapy re-wires your thinking. It's all about the way you talk to yourself - self talk, exposure work, breathing techniques. That kind of stuff.
I'd recommend CBT to anyone, even those who don't have anything wrong with them!

During my recovery from this anxiety disorder I learned of a symptom of panic attacks called 'depersonalization'. This is a deep sense of immanent horror accompanied by a perceived loss of control, racing thoughts, extreme fear and a lot of times a sense of 'possession' or being watched.
I'd experienced this many times before while taking drugs. But now I was sober, totally clean and was experiencing it again.
I was never a big drug taker nor was I a big drinker. It was a social thing for me. Even so I believe there are some people who should never touch certain substances because of the negative affects they will have on some individuals. I am one of those people who shouldn't touch mind altering anything.
It's no big loss either. I don't miss it. I'm not one of those 'don't make the same mistakes I made' kind of people. I actually don't have a problem with some recreational substances (within reason). But even so, they ain't for me, and it sounds like you're the same.

My experience with anxiety lead me to a deep belief that we all have within us the ability to feel, unlock, any emotion at will.
I think I can still (if I wanted to) give myself a panic attack and experience depersonalization. But I don't want to. I unlearned how to compulsively feel those horrible emotions. Without denying their existence and relevance.
However terrifying they are all emotion has a place and all emotion exists for a positive reason. All anxiety disorders are intertwined with our fight or flight response. Which all animals have to survive.
Now I apply this knowledge to ALL areas of my life. Not just the bad times.

I believe there is something supernatural about your experience. Knew a woman who channeled an ill willed spirit. From her I got the impression it's surprisingly easy to do. The woman was trying to contact a friend (a living one) via telepathic means and accidentally had something horrible come through! She wasn't going through any tough times when it happened either. But she didn't know about protecting and cleansing and the like.

There is a fine line between anxiety, depression etc and the supernatural. If you're already under stress it's so easy for bad spirits to seep in. You were clearly very vulnerable that night. But don't regret it either. The same part of you which laughed at it is probably the same part of you which chooses to embrace the positive presence your sensing.

Take care, look forward to your other stories!

EDIT: Oh my, I didn't realise how long this response got!
believer12 (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Mike,

Please believe in yourself and don't fear, nothing can harm you if you are strong.
You can always pray when you feel uneasy, visit a doctor who can understand what you have been going through.
Make some friends who are lively and positive, try to be happy all the time, find happiness in small things, don't give evil a chance to creep back into your life.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Thanks for your comment Spirit, and I'm doing a lot better now then I was then. I am currently drug free and hopefully by next year I will be alcohol free.:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Mike,I hope you are doing much better. Keep faith strong in your soul, and mind. From all of my experiences, my fascination and obsession with all paranormal came from childhood. You may need a cleansing from a priest just for extra protection. Knowing your limit, is a great start. Its hard to kick a habit, I know. Evil does have its way of entering your life, through simple means. Just stay positive and strong.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Mike,
Glad to hear things are getting better for you. A statement you made in comments is very telling, " I'm actually kind of thankful that I had to go through with the experience otherwise I wouldn't have started making smarter choices." Perhaps that is the crux of why this is happening. On some level you knew you were making the wrong choices, but for some reason 'lacked' in doing right for yourself. You may or may not have invited 'something' into your life, either way it provided the 'jolt' you needed to start turning yourself around.
Your violent mood swings are a red flag to be sure, and should be checked by a medical doctor, before you inadvertently hurt someone in a fit of rage. These mood swings could be the result of a chemical imbalance in your brain, or even the frustration of things in your life having built up. Only a doctor could tell you for sure. An MD can weed out if there's a medical problem.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
First of all thanks for commenting on my experience Vermont and Claudia, I have been seeking help in the way of counselling and a support system. But I still believe most if not all of my experience was supernatural. I didn't have sleep paralysis because for one thing I could easily move as soon as I started waking up. I still feel the energy around me but the fact that it has calmed down due to me having restored my faith in god proves to me that my experience was real. I'm actually kind of thankful that I had to go through with the experience otherwise I wouldn't have started making smarter choices.
Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
Mike,

I don't want to sound rude or anything but, perhaps there is something phsicological here?, someone very close to me used to have the idea of someone calling him and other similar stuff, he took the advise of a phsycotherpaist and went to see a doctor. Long story short, he had B12 deficiency which is what was causing him to allucinate and "see"/"hear" ghost, I mean, I do believe in the supernatural, nevertheless, it would be best to check all posibilities:)
I'm not sure where in Canada you are but this person went to CAMH.
All the best!
Claudia
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
I highly doubt if he is 'open' with a doctor that he'll get the help he wants. Unless the doctor also believes in the paranormal (unlikely) he'll end up with a ticket down the road to the heavy psychotropic drugs. He needs a therapist for his inner demons and a hefty dose of his preferred religion. Then if he has physical symptoms still (feeling really hot) he can bring those symptoms to the attention of a physician.

So just keep your prayers at hand and seek a counselor who can help you process through the heavy stuff... Trust me they work:)
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Thank you everyone for your advice. I am drinking still but I don't go over the limit. I set a limit and stick to it. I don't even touch hard liquor now. My life is still a bit hectic but I'm a lot better and feel better more and more each day. The evil presence barely registers to me though I know it is still there.:)
krissy_moon (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Sometimes its easy for those who are not in the situation to judge the whole thing and give advice. I hope you do not feel that this is the case here. What is wrong/right doesn't matter as much as what you experienced - which must have been beyond terrifying. Keep praying to God, since the presence of a protective being proves that someone out there is listening and looking out for you - may be your guardian angel. Since you felt the spirit you taunted was that of a child, maybe you can apologize out loud to him and try to appease him. Try to meditate and focus on only positive things. 😊 Good luck!
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Mike, You are a warrior and my advice is to keep your faith in God and to keep praying to him. He can expel anything that is evil.:) there are other people who have had similar experiences with evil and know that you are not alone.:) I am very sorry for your loss... If you have to, if you have a bible, recite a favorite chapter of yours in psalms throughout your house.:))
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Glad to hear you've kicked the drinking. Is that still going? I suggest taking up meditation and reading some positive books. I would start with "The Secret" as the law of attraction is real, and it goes for everything. You speak good, people hear good, you give, you receive (good or bad), good thoughts, good reality. Also having faith (which I see you have 😊) in whatever gives you strength and most importantly, in yourself. Faith in yourself in a modest way of course, not the taunting ghosts way 🤔. Take care my friend. Keep us posted.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
I agree with lady-glow. Maybe you should see a doctor about this first. Sometime ago I was going through a really bad patch (anxiety & panic attacks) and the more you think something bad is happening, the more you notice it happening, until eventually you think its all really happening, when in fact it could just be your mind playing tricks on you. Also anxiety & depression can heighten bad thoughts and bring on sleep paralysis which could account for the feeling of someone/thing else being with you.

Once you have spoken to a doctor about how you feel and are satisfied that you are doing ok, just ask yourself is this still happening?

If so, then by all means please speak to someone who can help with the supernatural side of things.

I hope you sort this issue out soon for your own peace of mind.

May God be with you xx
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
It's interesting that you mention turning to alcohol to cope with the "heavy things" you were dealing with. You don't need me to tell you that alcohol is not a healthy means of coping, and if you haven't found a healthy means those heavy things could still be influencing you.
I suggest talking to a doctor, and being open and honest about everything. Your currently situation may be unrelated to the paranormal. It's best to rule out a medical or other mundane cause, be sure of what you're dealing with so that you can deal with it effectively. If your situation is caused by non-paranormal issues, treating it as a paranormal event will only make it worse.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Have you gone to see a doctor? -it is important to discard any possible healt problems as the reason of your mood swings and other things you are experiencing.
I do not know what to say about your dream other than it was awful but, like you say, you were drunk; it is difficult to decide if you had a paranormal experience or if it was a combination of alcohol and hallucinations.
It seems to me like you invited something negative into your life while dabbling with the occult and now is getting out of hand. I have not much help to offer on this aspect but surely some of the other members of YGS will; in the meanwhile go to see a doctor.
Thanks for sharing and keep us posted

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: