You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Three Stories

Real Ghost Stories

Three Stories

 

I have always lived in Oklahoma, we have lived in the same house for twenty years. My dad had previously had the house built during his first marriage, and then later moved back a year after I was born. My dad and his family have always lived in this area. My grandparents used to live in the same house where my uncle is now. Another uncle used to live behind our house also, another to the left of our house. There was an old two-story house that sat next to my grandparents' old house. They lived in it at one point. We come from a large family of Choctaw Indians.

My grandparents had eight children, my dad being the oldest. My dad and his brothers have always told us kids about this "ghost bear" that has been seen in the area and in the nearest town. One of my uncles once saw it face to face. He was making him a snack in the kitchen when he looked up and the face of this bear was pressed to the window looking right at him.

My dad always told us that this "bear" was white, and that it could stand and walk on two legs. One night all of them were outside and they saw it standing up in the back of my grandpa's work truck. I only know of two other times where this thing has been noticed. One being just down the road from me and another in the town where I went to school.

The one that happened down the road from me was a little girl who was playing hide-and-go-seek with her brothers. She went around a barn and ran right into this creature. The one in the next town happened in the late 90's and early 2000's. There was house that stood in town where people claimed a light came on in the living room every night, when the house had not had any electricity for years. A group of teens when up to this house, and this thing had chased one boy all the way down the large hill that this house had sat on. These were the last know sightings of this thing.

My second story happened to me personally, in the same house that was mentioned above. The room that I was in at the time was previously the garage. I had been sleeping in this room for a couple of years before I started to see things. I shared a room with one of my sisters. We both had the same encounter the first time. We both saw this black mist come from the attic entrance and form into a black shadow figure. This figure stands about six feet tall. We kept seeing this shadow man every night.

One night my sister had fell asleep before me, and I was lying in bed and all of a sudden I feel my feet slowly rise up and slam onto the bed. I tried to roll over and I couldn't. When I was trying to move I felt a hand on the middle of my back, and whispered my name. After that my parents switched rooms with us, and we didn't see anything for another few years. When I became pregnant at seventeen is when it all started again.

I was about three to four months pregnant. I was asleep in bed, and was awakened by something. I couldn't move, the only thing that I was able to move was my eyes. I'm not 100% sure if this was the shadow man or if it is what some Native American tribes believe to be an out of body experience.

The third happened only a few months ago. I was sitting in the living watching TV when I looked down the hall way and saw a women dressed in early 1800's style of clothing. I watched this lady walk into the hallway and back into the hall towards where my room is now. I told my mom and aunt about this and described what the woman looked like. They showed me a picture a couple of days later of my great-great-grandmother, and it was then that I realized that is who I saw.

I still see the shadow man walking around my house from time to time. And in the past couple of days I have been noticing what looks like white lace walking on our front porch. I don't know if it is because I am Native American that I can see these things, or if it is because they trust me for them to show themselves to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rabekajoe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
rabekajoe-
Your descriptions of the ghost bear were chilling. I can only relate it to my grandfather's description of a panther-like creature that would run along on two legs beside wagons or folks on horses and sometimes jump on the horse's back. The ghost bear would probably frighten me more. I would guess it's an elemental spirit.

I am also intrigued by the white lace walking on your porch. I wonder if that is also your great grandmother. I got a clear visual from your description. Thanks for the good scare!
Elrond

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: