You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Broken Mirrors 2: Shuffling Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Broken Mirrors 2: Shuffling Footsteps

 

Previously, I wrote my first story titled "Broken Mirrors". This is a follow on of the experiences of the 1970's brick home. No surprise here, more experiences occurred in this family home and on another note, a lot more strange experiences to myself throughout my life.

Around 12 years ago, back in the winter months, My sister walked from University to visit our mother at home. Forgetting her house key, she decided to squeeze through the window which was left open for our much loved family member, the cat. My sister planned to wait for Mum as she thought our mother would not be far away.

It was close to dinner time and it was cold and windy outside. My sister said she sat in the lounge, reading articles for her studies. The house was quiet, and like usual, she avoided using the bathroom or anything else located at the end of the hallway as it gave you the extreme creeps when no one else was in the house. Suddenly, from the dining room the radio/CD player came blasting on. It was at a particularly loud volume and startled my sister so much she walked straight out the front door, with her bag and books in hand and left. After a phone call that night, we were all very confused. No radio/CD player was on when Mum had arrived home.

I often wonder if there a spirit trapped in the walls of that home and what it was trying to communicate. Why did it want to make us feel all so uncomfortable? Questions that will never be answered.

I saw things in this home that are hard to explain, and I may come across as a little strange when I describe these. Apart from bizarre happenings, I've also experienced other occurrences. Some readers may put it down to a very creative and active imagination or some may have something similar they would like to share. The old can't move/ can only think, while hearing whispers and seeing a dark figure at the end of my bed, happened almost weekly and only in one room. I would wake up early in the morning and this would start happening. I could never quite make out what they were saying, but it seemed to be plotting some type of horrendous doings to myself.

Further, within this home, I saw spirits of cats one of which I was sitting at a chair and placed my arm out to pat the cat. My sister, at the time, was watching me from behind and asked what I was doing. For some reason, this completely startled me that a cat wasn't there and I actually cried - for the fear I was going crazy. I had seen so many things in the corner of my eyes or in the dim of the light I actually thought I was losing my sanity, I must had been around the age of 13 when this was all occurring.

I saw dark little shadows, no higher than the height of your knees, covered in fur, with red glowing eyes, staring at me from the hallway, from the corners of the bedrooms, peeping around walls and running in across open spaces. They would grunt or hum. I was never really freaked out by witnessing these in the corner of my eye but they still make me feel a little uneasy.

Ever since I remember, at least from the age of two or three, a little elf-like man lived in and around the home. He wore red pants, would play tricks and help out around the home. I stopped seeing him when I was around 8. He told me he needed to move outside with his pet snakes... How strange is that?

I feel so silly explaining all of this. My family are aware of these experiences but I have never dared to tell anyone else. The elf man, unlike the others I seen when I was older, spoke to me often and was really nice. He called himself 'Kutt ee Keena' and always had a smile, while the other experiences seemed kind of evil or made me feel really uncomfortable.

Other hauntings by buttongrass

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buttongrass, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Hi Buttongrass,

This may have already been suggested as I have only skimed over the comments, have you ever heard of a HOB? Google it, I have only recently discovered what this is and its very interesting! 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Hi Button,

It's really great to know you read Puppet People! That story set me off on a bit of an investigative mission recently regarding the similar things I saw at a tender age.
Unfortunately I'm quite lazy, or get side tracked by peoples stories here, and end up reading/replying. Resulting in me not submitting my own stories! So I haven't got any fairy/goblin related stories of my own currently posted.
I've just finished writing up two of these otherworldly entity experiences (still haven't submitted them). You've just given me the push I need, I'll submit them very soon. Keep in mind that that stories tend to take about a week or so to get posted.
Also just submitted a story which isn't fairy related. I have this 'polite' disposition where I feel strange or rude submitting too many stories at once.

You can always browse stories here by category. Try the 'other entities' category for experiences relating to fairy folk.
There's another story in my faves which might interest you, it's called 'Possible Apparition While On Guard' (I think). In the comments of that story a few of us here felt what he saw a 'nature spirit' aka a fairy type being. We felt it was a troll.
You can also use the 'search site' function, it will limit search results to stories on this site. You could search for any word you like to find stories relating to your interests.

Yeup, this here website is quite the wealth of information and a great place to exchange ideas!

PS As a bizarre coincidence yesterday I felt my profile on here could do with a bit more info. But I didn't update it. (too busy reading and replying to people!) I also felt a bit self conscious about my goofy humoured opening statement. Must have sensed you were going to coming lol!

Take care.
buttongrass (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Hi Tweed, I just read Puppet People, thanks for suggesting it. I really liked reading your feedback and I have just noticed we have 'profiles' here- (I know right, I'm a bit behind!) and will be off to read your stories soon!

Hi Sam222, I have never seen any pet snakes:) not at that time in my life, I don't think I was aware that you could even have pet snakes until I was a teen or something:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
I forgot to add hearing plotting voices could be your own subconscious still in a dream like state. It's possible to wake and still be half asleep. As you heard these voices upon waking.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
Button, I believe you.

Your obvious love of animals is likely more relevant than you realize. Beings of the fairy ilk naturally care for nature and animals. You are lucky to have had these experiences with the elf as they are secretive beings. You made him feel comfortable enough to trust you as most children aren't 'closed' to the other side.

There is so much that we don't know about. To pigeon hole supernatural events into clear cut ghost/angels/demons is to cut out our tongue. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Don't worry about not being believed. Lots of people will doubt you, most of the population in fact. You know what you experienced and nothing can change that.

As you weren't particularly afraid of the beings with glowing eyes it's possible they meant well. Or at least were neutral to you and your family. I know a lot of people will disagree and say that it sounds evil and all that. But really, not all 'unknown' is harmful.
As for that blaring radio, stuff that, whatever the motivation that was rude. IF it meant no harm I would wonder if what was on the radio had any significance. IF it meant no harm whatever or whoever it was may have been frustrated it wasn't getting through to any of you and amped up the volume so to speak. Could have been whatever was making noises on/in the walls.
Those wall noises could have been animals too, mice etc. But a sudden blast of radio is still a stupid thing to do to someone.

The elf's pet snakes are intriguing. I wonder if his snakes were in another realm, one he's from. I wonder if they reside in their own realm and visit this one as they please.
I have experiences like yours and still do to this day. I think you're wise not to tell everyone. We have to accept that most people just don't get it and probably never will. So why waste your time.

I'd like to thank you for sharing these accounts. It gives me a bit more courage to submit some of my own.

As a side note there's a story in my favourites list on my profile called "Puppet People". That guy's story reminded me a bit of your own. I freaked out when I read Puppet People because it echoed something I used to see. The point is the more people talk about these things the more we can understand. 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Buttongrass, I loved your story, but it was quite weird and scary. I've seen so many scary movies that when you said he thing about horrendous doings, it put some horrible images in my head, I'm not even going to talk about them. Those red-eyed shadow things you mentioned sound vicious and mean. About the elf-man; I'm not really sure about that, it seems very weird, especially hat part about his pet snakes. Did you ever see any "pet-snakes"?
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Oh well...You're story is scary but weird at the same times... Maybe that elf man came out from your imagination though! 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: