You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Meeting Ms. Ruby

Real Ghost Stories

Meeting Ms. Ruby

 

After a divorce in 2003, I moved back to the town that I grew up in, Panama City, FL. I had two children, Katie (9) and Wyatt (2). I was a little nervous about being on my own but took the plunge and bought a home. It was an older mobile home but before I moved in I completely remodeled it. So it was beautiful on the inside especially. But what was hidden from within was something very ugly.

A couple of weeks after moving in, I was taking the last of the moving boxes to the road one night. As I start back to the gate my neighbor, whom I hadn't met yet, came out and introduced herself from her side of the fence. Her name was Ms. Ruby, an older divorced lady with a grown daughter. Very nice lady.

After a few moments of talking, she said to me, "Is everything ok over there?" I told her "Yes" that I had remodeled the entire home and that she should come over and see it. She then told me that her daughter was the one who had been living in it prior to me buying it. She hesitated at the thought of coming over to see it, but I thought nothing of it. We finished our conversation and said our goodbyes.

The very next night she came to my door with a pot of chicken and dumplings. I took them from her and noticed her hands shaking. I invited her in and she very slowly stepped in. She, of course, was totally amazed at how different it looked and seemed a bit more relaxed. After a few minutes she left.

I decided to go take a hot bubble bath, so I left the kids in the living room to watch TV. While in the tub I heard my daughter poking around on the piano. It faced the dining room. I heard her playing come to an abrupt stop, I heard both the kids scream. The next thing I knew, they were busting through the bathroom door, screaming that they had seen something. My daughter described it as "a white thing with a red circle". My two year old nodded his head and said "Scarwy". I got out, got dressed... Went to check. I saw nothing. It unnerved me a little, however.

The next week, again, Ms. Ruby came over with her daughter to show her what I had done with the house. After a few minutes her daughter said, "I moved out because of strange things that went on here." That caught the attention of my daughter. I could see she was about to blurt out what she had seen, so I motioned to her to be quiet. I wanted to see what Ms. Ruby's daughter had to say. She then began to tell me that years ago a young girl lived there and practiced witchcraft in the dining room, which was then the young girl's bedroom. She told me that at one time all the windows in the house had been boarded up from the inside by the girls father, after he came home one day and found her with her wrists slit... And dead. (Ms. Ruby remembered the incident very well, she had lived next door for 30 years.)

She said that she was cooking dinner one night and saw a white figure in the dining room that had a spot of red on it. At that moment I knew my children had indeed seen something. My daughter and I didn't know how to respond to that so we said nothing but Ms. Ruby and her daughter I'm sure could tell something was wrong.

After they left I went into the dining room to look at the windows. Sure enough there were hinges installed along the inside window seals. I guess I must have missed that when redoing the house. That night was the beginning of a long journey with us and the house.

Other hauntings by KimmieWebb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimmieWebb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Sam222...no worries. I totally get what you are saying. I am horrified of the witchcraft thing. Your opinion on the subject is perfectly fine. Thanks so much for reading!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Oh, Opps sorry miracles, yes I understand that, In fact I strongly respect that others opinions may be different. And I usually use in my opinion, you can see that in a lot of my comments.

Sorry KimmieWebb, don't take my opinion for EVERYONES, Its just mine, and wether you choose to agree with it or not is totally up to you. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Sam - opinions, okay? Your opinion about witchcraft is not necessarily everyone else's opinion. It also, whether you believe it or not, may not be the truth. Just try and remember the words, "In my opinion...", okay?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
KimmieWebbAfter - I really enjoyed this story, it's got me all excited for another one associated with this one. And I see you've got another story just posted (I'lol read that as soon as I can). But the witch craft thing is a no-no (as you probably know) don't ever mess with that stuff; that would be a ticket to "Hell on Earth".
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-15)
Thanks to all for the nice comments! ❤ More to come this week. I am trying to write everything in order of how they happened.
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
i love this story. Been to a haunted house myself, but living in one could be a lot different. Thanks for sharing.
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Oh! I will be glad to read more of your stories. I'll be all your "eyes" lol. Thanks a lot for sharing. 😊
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
So glad you enjoyed the story... I do still live in the house and have many more stories for you all. I don't know to this day if its the girl that is here or not... I feel its more sinister.
mysticalavenger5 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Hey! Very creepy story! Do you feel the little girl was a perditive spirit? Or more of a residual haunt? Me and my wife twisterwatcher7 love the paranormal as we can't escape it! But anyway, well told kimmiwebb!;)
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
That was very scary! Are you still living in that house?
Did you ever see that girl like your daughter did?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: