You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Happened?

Real Ghost Stories

What Happened?

 

Around six years ago I got grounded and was sent to bed early. I closed my door and climbed into bed around 6:00 and I fell asleep around 7:45. I woke up at 12:00 o'clock on the dot, I thought I heard someone crying in my room. When I turned on the light something screamed and the light blew out, then I felt something claw my face. I passed out after that.

I knew it wasn't a dream because mom started screaming when she saw my face in the morning it was covered in blood and there were five long thin scratch marks on my face coming from the right side of my forehead all the way down my neck. I know many of you will probably think that a cat did it, the thing is we didn't have any pets then, we couldn't afford them. Others will probably think someone climbed out the window there is just one problem, my room had only one door and no windows.

The next night I looked in the mirror and one of the scratches was gone, the next night another was gone. This continued until all five scratches were gone. The day after they all disappeared, I almost got hit by a truck that ran a red light. The driver laughed and kept driving.

Five years after the incident my dad got divorced from my mom and we bought a new house. The night we moved in I heard singing outside my window it was in a strange language. I can still remember the melody but not the words it was both haunting, joyful, and sad at the same time. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

After the singing stopped I heard crying outside my window I pulled aside the curtain but there was no one there. Resting on the window sill was a lotus flower. I put it on my dresser to show my mom in the morning, but it disappeared during the night. I still don't understand what happened but, I stay up late every night hoping to hear the song again even though, I am pretty sure I never will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deadmanrising, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Tweed, oddly, I was also thinking raccoon. They are tricky little creatures.

With respect, it's easy to scratch yourself during sleep and nightmares, or upon suddenly twitching awake.

How close are your neighbors to you?
NeraDama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
Hi Deadmanrising,
Your story is very strage!
Is it possible that you just scratched yourself while sleeping, and it has only been a nightmare? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but a few times it happened to me and I "harmed" my self while sleeping, getting all sorts of scratches and bruises.
ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-07)
I completely agree with Sam. Truly I drew the same conclusion like him and then I scrolled and discovered that its already in the comments. The mystery of 5 is interesting.

Thanks for Sharing!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
Tweed - I really don't think a raccoon could have do this, and if it was a raccoon there would have been other marks, like from the other hand holding on while clawing with the other one, and then probably bite marks (they bite too). And ther would have been other evidence in the house that a raccoon had came in (such as somehting getting into the trash an or food in cupboards) I'm pretty sure the raccoon would go for food before it would go after some harmless kid. And also raccoons make noises. The reason I know this stuff is because I'm from Maine, and there are lots of raccoons along with other animals up here in the woods.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
I have no clue what could have caused those scratch marks but is is quite odd that you woke up at midnight on the dot, Had 5 scratch marks on your face, took 5 days for them to disappear, and that on day 5 you were almost killed, and the fact the 5 years later your parents were divorced. That definatly doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
Hi Deadmanrising and welcome.

It's also possible that your scratches were caused by a Raccoon or other animal. Perhaps there was manhole nearby that an animal could enter the house by.
The fact your scratches healed very quickly could be down to your age at the time. Skin heals very quickly when you're young. The scratches disappearing one by one would be in order of deepness, with the least deep mark healing quickest.

As for the singing and the lotus flower have you looked into eastern music at all? Lotus flowers have a significance in eastern cultures, as you said the singing was a language and style you weren't familiar with I would definitely look into that.
It's great that you can remember the tune, one day you may be able to find it and hear it again!
It would be fascinating to find out the significance of that song.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: