You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa's Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Presence

 

My experience happened when I was in high school. We went home after visiting my grandfather's grave who just died. When we were about to leave the cemetery, our car won't start, thinking that grandpa won't let us go yet, my dad said, "Pa, we will visit you again next time..." After a few attempts, our car started and we were able to reach home.

When we arrived home, I hurried to the bathroom to pee. When I was about to finish, I believed someone was going up the stairs since I hear the stomping sound and along came grandma's loud voice saying, "Ana (not my real name), there you go again stomping your feet like a horse!" Then my mom said, "Ana's in the bathroom!" When I went out to the living room to where grandma and mom are, what immediately caught my eyes are what seemed to be white pants going up the stairs. I looked at my mom who also looked shocked, with wide eyes she asked, "did you see that?" Dad hurried to see "who" was upstairs only to find no one.

My grandma did not saw the apparition but she was teary-eyed when we told her what we saw. We all believed it was grandpa since he wore white clothes when he was buried. Back when he was alive, whenever he goes up or down the stairs, he would always stomp his feet loudly (maybe it's just his mannerism) and grandma, who does not really like the noise, would always fret. I grew up imitating grandpa's way, but not for long though.

It was believed that if a person dies, his spirit stays in a period of 40 days before going somewhere he's destined to be.

Other hauntings by dxm04

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dxm04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Relatives' way of making their presence known are often times the same mannerisms they have when they were alive. Looks like your grandpa is still looking out for you:^)
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
dxm04, maybe your grampa was stomping louldy on purpose, to make sure you guys heard him, and so that you new he was still there.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Maybe it was your grandpa, yes in the Philippines we have a belief that a soul can freely roam the earth or their presence can easily be felt up to 40 days and after that they will go to the light. I think your granda is just saying hi and he will always be there not physically but in your heart. You may want to pray for him and tell him all of you are okay and he can go where ever he is supposed to go.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: