You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit By The Guest Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit By The Guest Bed

 

I read some stories on your site to see if I could get any help. I felt the need to share since I didn't see anything similar. A little background is needed. My mom is more attuned to the spiritual realm and is a very religious person. I am open to the idea of spirits and accept they exist because of my experiences. One happened tonight and I was compelled to find some folks who might be able to tell me or give me more information about the spirit in my parents' house.

Now, growing up, this guest room was my room and I had no supernatural experiences in it whatsoever. The activity didn't start until my brother got the room after I moved out. He has seen shadow people in the room and my mother has felt a cat brush up against her hand as she slept. We do have cats but they are outdoor cats and neither of them had gotten inside.

Anyway, we had some terrible storms in Oklahoma tonight and I had to stay with them because of the flooding. I couldn't sleep in the chair and went to bed in my old room which was now the guest room. I felt very uneasy trying to fall asleep. I swear that I was not alone and something kept tugging at the sheets. I shrugged it off and suddenly heard a child scream "RICHARD!" inside my mind. I felt the presence right at the side of the bed. It was the same feeling of someone staring at you as you sleep. I could feel him on my side. I then felt a sharp tug on my ear. I jumped out of my bed and went into the kitchen. It was 1:15am and I was freaking out and cussing at the spirit. I did not want to stay in that room so I am glad it stopped raining.

As I was gathering my things to take to the car, I heard one of the upstairs doors open and thought my parents were up. It didn't dawn on me until I was already on the road that Richard may have gone upstairs. I'll have to call my mom later today and see if she experienced anything bizarre.

Thanks for letting me share and any ideas to what is in my parents' guest room would be most helpful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, physalis17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
I am a skeptic but I understand both sides and even if I don't believe I like to kind of feel like I do. (it's ok if you have no idea what I mean I don't know if I do) but maybe the ghost died in the storm and was reliving a memory. I mean if you grew up there you've probably been threw many storms but maybe there's something about that particular storm.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi Physalis 17, I also feel something could have attached itself to some of the objects brought into the room after you left. You can ask your brother, if he had any such experience/s because you told that he was using the room after you moved out. Well, did you leave the house without informing any body? How come? Leave the paranormal but it is quite risky right.

By the way, welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Physalis, I can relate to cussing at ghosts lol!
Just wanted to add to what Lady Glow said about object attachment. Because this has never happened before, or maybe it has and you don't know. (Ask your brother if he ever felt anything.)
Anyway the storm detail may be relevant. Not in a 'haunted ghost story horror movie' way but as in the energy. I wonder if powerful weather can turn up paranormal frequencies somehow and if there's already a ghost hanging out there, the storm energy makes it easier for said ghost to interact with our physical realm.
As well as finding out about any heirlooms and effects in the room, as Lady Glow recommends, you also could try a little digging into the history of the house and your area. There could be a link between a storm and someone named Richard.
I don't know, there's just something about the storm detail and the fact that it never happened before that seems to click with this.
Another possibility is that something was happening, or had happened, very recently. Check your local news for any news items pertaining to the night of this storm.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Physalis17; interesting story.

Do you know if either your parents or your brother brought to the room an object that could have something attached? Perhaps a heirloom or something bought second hand?
It is said that some spirits get attached to their material possessions.

I hope the activity is limited to only the guest bedroom and your parents don't have to deal with any disturbances.

Thanks for sharing your experience and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: