You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bed Shaking At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Bed Shaking At Night

 

Between the age of 5 to about 16 I would experience, what I can only describe as, "my bed shaking". It was along time ago now, so any finer details are lost from memory. But out of curiosity, I thought I would try my luck and search the web. As it turns out it seems there is a degree of prevalence associated with this phenomenon.

The actual 'bed shaking', or whatever it was, seemed to occur on random nights and would seem to happen not long after I got into bed, some nights it would be later. I think I can remember being woken up on occasion, and in most cases it only lasted seconds, and would occur only once during the night.

The final time it happened I was about 16. We had moved house not to long before. This particular event lasted a little longer, and the shaking was more definite. When the shaking stopped, the end of my bed seem to have dropped about an inch to the floor. In all these cases I never looked to the end of the bed to see if something was there. I also never spoke to anyone about these things, including my parents.

I always put it down to my imagination or that it was just me moving around causing the shaking. In addition to this stuff, I would get deja vu from time to time. I would also have some really vivid recurring dreams, that would only last 10 seconds or so.

All this stuff happen when I was young. From adulthood onwards I never experienced the shaking bed thing, nor do I really get those recurring dreams.

So that's my story, what do you think, am I crazy or did this happen. Maybe the more experienced out there with this stuff can leave a comment. Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
The same thing used to happen to me. But only for about 6 months. I think I was around 11 at the time. I was terrified though, still gets me. Was scared even reading your story after I saw the title. 😲
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Hi Miick,

That's a long time to experience this. I wonder if someone was trying to get your attention for some reason. I have been experiencing bed shaking but it's a recent thing and attached to some crap awful unpleasantness. But I'm open that not all bed shaking is bad. Being that you were 5 when it started, when we're young we're more open to ghosts. With this in mind, and the fact nothing bad ever happened, I'd say someone wanted to communicate with you. Perhaps a guardian, this would explain 10 or so years of dedication.
I would be interested in your dreams, if you wouldn't mind sharing them. If you'd prefer not to share them that's fine too. Either way, there's a good chance the dreams could hold the answers to unravel the who and the why and something for you to think about to help join the dots.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: