You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Battle To Come

Real Ghost Stories

The Battle To Come

 

I like day trips, just getting in my mustang and driving. This weekend in December 2018 I decided I'm going to the Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant in Cleveland and since I'm going I might as well explore the local legend of the Rockefeller gravesite.

In Lakewood Cemetery, Rockefeller is buried with a few relatives besides an obelisk baring his name. Local legend says that if you leave a dime on the monument wealth will come your way. Ya, something came my way. Almost immediately my significant other tells me a spirit followed me home. I don't know if this singular trip to this cemetery was the catalyst for haunting 2 hours away in Michigan.

I have never been a believer, but too many times has a spirit bothered either me or my girl.

I was sleeping on the couch one time only to awake and start throwing punches at a dark figure hovering near my head just before my sweetheart enters the apartment. One time late at night coming in from work and the apartment is pitch black, I walk right into the apartment and for no real reason I side step as if avoiding walking into something. I did a double take after I turn on the lights trying to figure out why I did the previous maneuver.

My love reports to me that since Cleveland, the bedroom is occupied by a shadow person. She sees it from the living room and would close the door to the room until it's time to sleep. She is a street smart and tough person from Detroit not given into artistic inclinations and sleeps in the bedroom even though a ghost is in there... Even if it scares her. Even her friend broke down shaking from seeing a ghost in the hallway beside the bedroom door.

I've put up crucifixes at the main door, the bathroom door and the bedroom in the summer of 2019. The disturbance has been reduced or taken a less scary approach. Until now...

This past week in February 2020, something different has been haunting the bedroom. I've woken up again throwing punches into the air. A darker force that has my girl sleeping scared under the blankets because she doesn't want to see the ghost. After she told me of her recent experience, I told her mine so as to comfort her that it's not just her and admit I slept with the light on hinting she does the same while I'm working over night.

I'm thinking that I need to spend more time taking possession of the room. Lay down some sage and holy water.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CPTBlood, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-18)
A side-note for sds:
We've missed you. I'm glad you're back.
-Biblio.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-18)
Hello CPTBlood, welcome to YGS. I agree with Tweed and Miracles. Throwing up punches in the air while waking up is not going to help. But, I don't think that it has got anything to do with your visit to Cleveland. And you have not had any negative experiences and we don't know what made your girl's friend getting scared. Like Tweed I also feel that the presence might to give you some message.

Still if you and your girl feel that it is a negative energy, then go for cleansing. Please do visit Rookdygin's profile and an excellent cleansing method is mentioned, which you can definitely follow.

Kindly keep us posted of developments. Perhaps we could help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
CPTBlood, Tweed touched on something that you should keep in mind. Throwing punches around could very likely stir up something you don't want. I'm assuming sometime in your military career you have had someone take an unprovoked swing at you. Most would swing back. Even the most benign being would get a bit pissed off and start retaliating. "The Battle to Come" makes me think you are ready to go to war when it may not be necessary.

From what you have said, there is nothing that makes me think you brought something bad home with you. As Tweed said, "Fear of the unknown and all." Without knowing of your girl's experience, and what scared her friend, it is hard to get a feel on whether or not there is something in your place that needs to be gone.

If you and your girlfriend truly think there is something that needs addressed, you can start with cleansing (the sage you mentioned), the use of holy water and also by establishing some ground rules. Be firm, be consistent, be emphatic. This is your home: your rules. Just remember, the sage and holy water may not get rid of something that isn't malevolent.

I would be very interested in your girlfriend's experience if she would like to share it with us, either herself or through you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-11)
Hi CBT,

You guys need to calm down. Think rationally, what's this presence done so far? It hangs around. Hovering while you sleep, pretty rude. But maybe put into context it wouldn't be so scary. Like maybe it's got an important message to relay, I don't know.
I think waking up punching is dangerous, I wouldn't want to share a bed with someone doing that. But I might think it was fun to wake someone up who reacted so strongly to my awesome powers of invisibility. Get where I'm going here...

Unless your dishes start sailing across the room or you get physically hurt, which there's been no indication of as yet, I think this is a classic misunderstanding.
I've never understood why folks sleep with the light on, you'd see a ghost better, surely.

Get the feeling you won't take my comment very seriously but I hope you do. Fear of the unknown and all.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: