You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My 2 Year Old Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

My 2 Year Old Cousin

 

My name is Brittany, and I'm 16 years old. When I was 1 years old my dad drowned in Broad River, in Union SC. He was 17 when he died. I feel the need to mention that when he was buried someone put his favorite red hat on him (It was a base ball cap or something). Anyway, not too long ago my mom was babysitting for her brother, his kid is 2 years old. She was looking for a toy for her to play with in a chest at the end of her bed, but right when she opened it she saw a picture of my dad wearing the red hat and my cousin starts saying, "That's Mickeys daddy!" (Her nickname for me was Mickey. We have no idea where she got it from) "The red hat! That's his Red hat!" And my mom freaks out because we had never showed her a picture of my dad nor have we even talked about him in front of her. She started telling my mom that 'Donnie' (My dad's name) plays with her and that he had come to visit me sometimes. The next day I had come back from my Great Grandma's house to spend time with my cousin and she, my mom, and grandma are standing in the kitchen. My mom fills me in on what had happened the previous day and my cousin tell us about how my dad came to see me and that he was with my great grandpa (who I was very close to and had died the previous year due to liver failure). It brought us to tears and my cousin had a look on her face that made it look like she was proud. That she was told to tell us this. She still talks to him. She will be playing tea party with him saying his name, she spends most of her time with him in the kitchen in front of the fridge. We live in a very small house and you can sit on the couch and see the fridge by just turning your head to the right. So we see and hear her talking to him all the time. I'm happy that I have my dad to watch over me and my mom.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrittanyRevis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Brittany
This is such a heart warming story. Your 2 year old cousin may or may not outgrow her ability to talk to your father. It depends on how her parents react to her ability. If they encourage her to keep talking to your father she may not outgrow her ability. Even if she does outgrow it by 5 if she starts getting interested in the paranormal in her teens her ability may come back.
Regardless of whether she loses her ability or not really doesn't matter. You can talk to him even though he can't talk to you ask him for a sign that he is still with you. It could be as simple as asking him to move something in your room while you aren't in it. I talk to dead relatives such as my father in-law and sometimes my mother. One of them planted a beautiful yellow Hibiscus in my vegetable garden! The garden had been rototilled and it just started growing! Also some vegetable plants also started growing whereas last year my garden didn't do well at all.
Regards
Red.
LuSA (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Sorry to hear about your father, but it must be lovely to know that your father is there in spirit.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Hi, Brittany really a heart touching story... I personally do not have any of these kind of experience but I do believe in it. Our loved ones are always with us. Thanks for sharing dear ❤

Regards,
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hello:

I think that's very exciting. Have you ever thought about addressing your father when she's there and asking her to tell you if he responds?
You might actually be able to have a conversation.
Children tend to outgrow this ability quickly, so if there is anything you really want to know (from your father) you might want to do it before she is much older.
Please write another story to let us know if she tells you anything more of interest. I love hearing about children that can interact with loved ones on the other side.

Blessings,
Lynev
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Sushanktar - this is another occasion where cultural differences come into play. It is not uncommon, nor unusual, for teens in the States to have children.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
My condolence to your dad. I just got shock to read about you dad's age though.
Untimely death finishes the hope,aspiration,ambition of that person and to fulfill it, they tries to incurred different mediums in order to communicate with the living world.
Your dad will always remain with your family until you achieve what he wanted.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: