You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparition In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition In The Dark

 

This happened on a foggy winter night in the sub city dwarka in New Delhi. The huge apartments are built along with the decent roads and the well built backside alleys.

I and my friend let's call him T had this habit of smoking and we usually ventured into the back alleys to have a Cigarette or two as we had a good image in our society where smoking is a taboo. Coming back to the story:

I and T were moving towards a park situated along one such alley to enjoy smoking but we saw that some figure is sitting in the middle of the road and a dog is standing besides it, barking continuously and sometimes crying in between.

We had visited that place many a times but never saw any such thing in the past. T and I decided to move on to have a closer look, however when we were around say 30 feet away from the figure something in my mind told me not to challenge it and when I asked T he agreed to the idea instantaneously and we moved back.

The thing to be noticed was that the figure was completely covered with a cloth (Not a white one and I do not remember the exact color except that it was dirty) and it was not bothered with the dog barking and was sitting there unmoved.

Unlike other stories posted here we did not feel any dip in the temperature or any unusual activities such as blinking streetlights, neither this happened on a full moon or a moonless night but still it felt unusual that someone sitting in the middle of a road which although have less but decent amount of vehicle traffic.

This might sound like an act of cowardliness but I was not courageous enough to get my questions answered on that day. Can anyone help me in getting the answers to the same over here.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, loquacious83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

yogeshbazigar (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-21)
It was kala jadu done in nights. If anyone try to cross it or touch it is possessed by that spirit. Thanks god you don't touch it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
subhasshow - please do not post the link to your facebook page or group on someone's experience. The comments section is for feedback on the experience only. Please read and follow the the Comments Guidelines by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

(Thanks, granny, copy/paste😉)
subhasshow (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
You may like more haunted locations from here...
Www.ghoststoriesworld.com/haunted-locations/india/delhi
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Gotta agree with everyone else. Sounds like a person, not the paranormal. There is no accounting for people's actions. The dog could have been barking because the person stunk or was in his territory. Not shooing a barking, aggressive dog is not an uncommon response. Anyway, you were smart to listen to your intuition and get away.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
Hello:

I normally side with a person's intuition about a paranormal situation, but I also have some reservations.
We have many homeless where I live in a warm climate, and helped establish a feeding program for them when I lived in South Florida. Many of them "adopted" stray dogs, and many had the disease of addiction. I can easily see this being either a sick, mentally ill, or drunk homeless person, passed out in the street with his dog alarmed and trying to get attention for him. Even stray dogs are very intelligent after thousands of years of domestication and will try to signal when something is wrong. When sick, mentally ill or under the influence, a homeless person could easily forget where they are and not know they are in a street sleeping. I have seen this sort of thing often, and many homeless do share their company, food, shelter, and misery with other of our society's "unwanted" creatures.

Blessings,
Lynev
loquacious83 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
I agree to the comments posted by both of you but something was not right about it. That thing was sitting in the middle of the road, no movements, no sound and the dog was a stray. I do not reside in India currently otherwise would had shared the picture of the alley (Normally deserted during night and that was why we always chose it for smoking) for your reference. A homeless person would have tried to shoo away the dog as I had seen in the past but this was something different and unusual.
Thanks for the comment, this might be one way of predicting the reality of the person/thing.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hello loquacious83! It was a nice story you have shared with us. If you think rationally then you will see that paranormal isn't the only possibility. So I am with Tweed here

To Tweed- Let me stretch you kidnapping theory a little bit; it could be the fugitive 😆

Regards
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi Loquacious,

I'm wondering if this was actually a living person. Perhaps someone who was mentally ill, a homeless person (dirty cloth) or a victim of kidnapping. I know that sounds extreme, there's just something I can't shake about the cloth which covered them. I also wondered if it was a suicide attempt. The cloth as an act of compassion for the person who hit them in their car. For the cloth would cover their face so the people in the car wouldn't be traumatized by their identity, specifically. I was going to suggest someone would cover themselves in order to take their life in such a way to limit the fight or flight response. But I doubt anyone would cover themselves, as suicide is also connected to a fear of losing control. Any dog would bark frantically and whimper at its master who was in such a deep depression.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: