You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost Got In My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Got In My Bed

 

I live in Tampa, Florida, but the event happened at 5 am on July 14th in Orlando, Florida. I was attending an educational conference at the Hilton. I had a very secluded room on the 9th floor. You had to go all the way down the hall, take a left, go past a service set of stairs, and around another corner to find this room that was all by itself. I almost couldn't find it my first night. It was located at the top corner of the hotel. It had this great balcony that went around 2 sides and the man that checked me in said it was very private and quiet.

I arrived Sunday evening, watched TV, read some, and went to bed around midnight. Nothing of interest happened that first night. I attended conferences all day, had dinner, again watched TV and read. Around 10:30 pm I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

I tossed and turned a little bit, every time checking the clock. I remember that happening 2 to 3 times. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30 am. I wasn't all the way back asleep when I felt a body get in the bed and snuggle up close to me. The bed definitely had a large weight next to me. The closeness wasn't sexual in nature, but I was freaked out. All I could think was that someone had slipped into my room and I was about to be raped.

Only seconds went by when I moved my hand to the back of my thigh to see if I could feel a person. A large hand touched my hand and held it. It wasn't an aggressive hold. Looking back, it was actually nicely affectionate, but not sexual.

I bolted up at that moment, but nothing was there. I ran and turned on the first light in the room. The door was still locked and bolted. No one was in the room with me. My heart was racing. I didn't go back to sleep after that. I got ready for my day and went to more meetings. I have never experienced anything like this and had never heard of it happening to anyone before until I talked to a friend later that day who is into ghosts and spirits.

The next night I was apprehensive to go to bed. I had all lights on. I talked to my friend and she calmed me down a bit. I talked to the room and asked it if it had anything it wanted to tell me. I went to bed finally after midnight. I put pillows all around me. I managed to sleep and it did not happen again.

I am back home tonight and recalling my experience. I wanted to know if others have had similar situations? Do you think it will happen again or is it isolated to that hotel room? Any thoughts are encouraged. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, first-time-experience, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vinne (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Maybe if you are living in the hotel, That room has the spirit and died while his night with someone 😜
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
I've had dreams like that. I find them very comforting. Sometimes it's nice to have warmth and pressure against your back. This is why I sleep with a heavy blanket even in summer. I love Tweed's explanation, it's a fun though. Though it is also possible you merely had a dream. 😊
Secretstar (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
That was scary! But it was a nice story though! Or maybe it was a nightmare or hallucination
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
First-time-experience, what a great read. My stomach just dropped when you were flying out of bed for the light. What really impressed me was that you had the presence of mind to ask it if it had anything to tell you. Do you think you ever picked anything up in that regard? Sometimes they cannot easily communicate. He was probably surprised you actually felt him. I bet he has done this to others in that rooms. Very sad story. Thanks for sharing.

Hecate
first-time-experience (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Thanks Tweed! I have been thinking about it too. As a mom, I'm sure it would only upset me. I wouldn't want to do that to someone else. Thanks for your quick reply. 😃
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Oh dear, umm no I wouldn't. Errm bit of a pickle here, don't know what the website's policy is on stuff like that. But I'm going to guess it's a resounding 'no way'.
I would definitely not contact his Mother if it were me. You don't know what she believes in and it would probably upset her add to the fact we have no idea that it was him who visited you in the room.
Hope this makes sense I totally wasn't expecting that question! 😲 Take care.
first-time-experience (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Thanks for the comments. I am still reeling from the experience. After some research I did find that there was a death of a young man at the hotel 4 years ago. He either jumped, fell, or was pushed off of a balcony. The case went unresolved. I also discovered that his birthday is this coming Monday. I do believe that it was him. I found his mom on Facebook. Should I attempt to contact her? What do you think?
unforgivenangel (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
i honestly don't think it will happen to you again. If I was to happen again it would've already happened. Its definitely that hotel room but you also need to becareful 😊
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Its damn scary... It is the worst first experience anyone can have

I completely agree with Tweed that ghosts sleep. I too think that the ghost used that room for sleep as it was isolated and private away from others as you told. I think that the ghost was friendly one and didn't want to harm you. Like Tweed said, it might have acted stupidly to touch you just to check that you have noticed him or not
I am happy that you were lucky to have a friendly ghost in your first experience
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
first-time-experience - I enjoyed reading this 😊 I agree with Tweed, hell of a first encounter. I know that feeling of someone laying beside you, knowing no one is. Quite startling to say the least.

I also agree that it more than likely is tied to the hotel/room. As Tweed suggested, investigating may provide you with more information. Googling the hotel to see if anyone else has had a similar experience would be an easy step.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hi First,

Being that you'd never encountered anything paranormal before (or not that you're aware of I tend to believe everybody has, just a lot of times it goes unnoticed) this experience was one hell of a first encounter! As it hasn't happened since, and talking to the room may have helped, I'd say it's most likely not going to happen again.
No one can say whether or not it's isolated to that room or that hotel. Some further investigation would be needed to confirm that. But I'm guessing it was connected to the hotel. I have a bit of a theory that ghosts actually sleep. There's a ghost that uses the spare room to 'sleep' in sometimes, always while no one is in there however! Well anyway, maybe this ghost uses that hotel room a lot to do this (heck knows why they don't just go to the spirit realm to sleep but I digress). If that room is often vacant, could be the case as it's confusing to find, the ghost might not have been expecting anybody to be there. This ghost might frequent that room to 'sleep'. Then found you, figured you wouldn't know it was there and climbed in beside you. Then it felt you move in a knowing fashion, freaked out and grabbed your hand to see if you really were aware of it. Maybe this ghost made a mistake in thinking it was undetectable for that moment. Or it didn't know you were there at all. Perhaps it thought it was alone, let its guard down and wanted to manifest (become solid) for whatever reason. Realised you were there, grabbed your hand.

If nothing else happened during your stay, (aside from being understandably very shaken!), it sounds like this was a mistake on the ghost's part, who was probably just as freaked out as you!

Summing up I say don't worry about it. Easier said that done I know. Man, if it happened to me I'd be freaked out it was going to happen again too!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: