You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle's Call

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle's Call

 

My uncle was one of my best babysitter's as I grew older and older. Me and my cousin Georgette grew fond of him and even when we had friends over, we enjoyed his company. Uncle Lopez had always bought me clothes, jewelry, and gave me money when I didn't need it. We lived in a two family house: our family on the bottom, and him on the top. Our house was being sold so we both had to take our separate ways. Since then, I thought I would never see him again.

He had moved to Las Vegas with my cousins because him and my father were having problems, I never knew why. The next day I had received a phone call from my aunt. My uncle Lopez has passed away and they didn't know the reason why. They had told me that he went to sleep and the next day he died, his heart wasn't beating, he was gone. I hung up, told my parents the news, and started to cry. Was he really gone?

I started having dreams about him for about a week and for some reason, they were always the same thing: We were in a mall together laughing and smiling, and he was carrying my mom's cell phone.

Month's later I hadn't been too sad as I was before about the death because truly, I had to move on. It was coming close to September so unfortunately, I had to go school shopping again. Me and my mom hit the mall to have those mother-daughter days. When we were done shopping, before we walked out the mall, her cell phone rang. When I looked at the screen it said "Uncle Lopez" I was confused and I told my mom, "Didn't auntie throw uncle Lopez's cell phone away?" She nodded and I saw my mom wasn't the only one frightened. She told me to call back and as I dialed his numbers, my fingers were shaking with fear. When I called someone picked up, and all I heard were the noises of static and a bit of a voice, I just couldn't understand what he was saying.

Finally, I noticed that me, in a mall, with my mother's cell phone, reminded me of my dream.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, April, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
..."Uncle Lopez had always bought me clothes, jewelry, and gave me money when I didn't need it"... And she didn`t know why Daddy had a problem with Uncle Lopez. That`s harder to believe than the outstanding cellphone reception 😊

FRAWIN 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
If you still are around, April, it would be great if you could come in and answer a few questions.
Verizombie... You guys are nuts! I guess I am two months late to be asked to be included in that drink session. Missed out again.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Funny stuff Ohiowatha! Don't give up your day job. LOL.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Somebody, buy that man a drink! Verizombie!
You're killing me, Ohiowatha! Never mind, somebody buy ME a drink!

Great story. Now I'm always going to wonder about the calls I get with no one on the other end.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
It would be easier to contact the dead if they had AT&T instead of Verizombie...

Sorry, I had to.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Happy Halloween, kidz!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
I agree with ChrisB, it is a good story. I've heard a lot of stories like this one, with a few differences. I've had unusual experiences with my home phone that I haven't been able to explain. Since spirits seem to like to play around with phones,(maybe it's a similar thing to the clocks?) and there have been so many stories, it's hard to tell whether they have the 'ring' of truth or not. 😆 I'm really not sure about this one, but it's not a version that I've ever heard. I hope April will comment, I'd be more convinced if she would.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Nice story to bad the email is invalid. Lets hope the author explains this. See you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: